What have you done to your CX-5 today?

yrwei52

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech Pkg. Plano, TX
Contributor
:
Plano, Texas, USA
Oil change and tire rotation for my mother in laws ‘17 GT. Followed it up with a thorough detailing of the interior and a quick wash of the exterior as an early Mother’s Day surprise. Her large dog sheds his needle like hairs everywhere so it took a bit.

I’m really liking the Meguiars leather cleaner and conditioner for her car. She doesn’t have time to take care of her vehicle so I’m glad I was able to clean the seats up before anything crazy happened. Looks like new!
And you cleaned up mother-in-law’s CX-5! (y)

tibimakai

San Dimas CA
:
USA
:
2014 CX-5 Touring
Ordered Koni Yellows(they are 20% off, at tirerack) and camber bolts. CS springs with Konis. Anybody has this setup?

:
2019 CX-5 Touring
:
with PP
Hand washed it and found a tiny scratch left by a stray rock that hit me while driving on the freeway. Used Dr. Color Chip to touch it up. It is virtually invisible now.

:
2020 CX-5 GTR
Ordered Koni Yellows(they are 20% off, at tirerack) and camber bolts. CS springs with Konis. Anybody has this setup?
Not on the CX-5 but on my Mazda3, i ran yellows on eibach prokits. you'll love the yellows - i liked the fact that they were adjustable. were you previously dropped on the CS springs on stock shocks?

Chris_Top_Her

Banned
Contributor
:
San Antonio, Texas
:
'15 CX-5 Miata AWD
Replaced the a pillar trim that had holes from when my gauges we installed on it, and soaked my TCS micro switch in electronic cleaner because it became almost unusable (again).
20200509_174828.jpg
20200507_164201.jpg

ColoradoDriver

Gen-1 Kodo Design
Contributor
:
Denver, CO
:
2014 CX-5 Touring
Went and did some archery in the woods yesterday (sadly my longbow snapped :cry:). It occurred to me that I need to get my snow tires taken off.

tibimakai

San Dimas CA
:
USA
:
2014 CX-5 Touring
Yes, I have CS springs.
I have replaced all four Konis this weekend, but I had a problem at the end, at the rear driver side.
When I was screwing in the bottom knuckle bolt(nut is captive) it wasn't raised the suspension properly(did not pay attention) and the bolt went in a bit crooked. It messed up the nut's thread.
Luckily, I'm a machinist and I will take care of it tomorrow.
Lesson learned, take out the nut and make sure that the end of the bolt is centered in the cutout hole, then insert the nut and start wrenching on the bolt.
The rears, I have adjusted 1 turn. I will adjust tomorrow the front ones, maybe 1-1/2 turn and I will see how they are. My car is much more lowered(3-1/4"), then the H&R ones. Should I set the adjustment stiffer, or softer?

yrwei52

Contributor
:
Plano, Texas, USA
⋯ When I was screwing in the bottom knuckle bolt(nut is captive) it wasn't raised the suspension properly(did not pay attention) and the bolt went in a bit crooked. It messed up the nut's thread.
Luckily, I'm a machinist and I will take care of it tomorrow.
Or admit it, we all are getting older ⋯ ;)

yrwei52

Contributor
:
Plano, Texas, USA
You would assume that, if at one end the holes align, at the other end would to, no?
Yes. But I’d double check the alignment from the other end, and try not to use wrench and never use too much force for initial turns. But again, it’s easy to be said than done. And I found I’m making more mistakes at older age than young, mainly because I’m trying to take short cut more to save my energy and time, which in turn would be prone to make mistakes!

:
2013 CX-5. Like the one in the ad
Got some things in last week in anticipation of picking up my new Reserve this weekend.

First day home she received OEM cargo mat and cargo cover from MedCenter Mazda and Canadian OEM Premium floor liners from Scarboro Mazda.
I got my delivery of those special Canadian liners last week. The only negative I can find is that they are slippery compared to my 13’s US rubber mats. I still prefer the dead pedal protection that other drivers found so beneficial.

Got a little car wash earlier today since the weather is so nice. We'll see how long it stays clean, with living out in the country.

Got this nice little ding the 2nd week I had the car. Anyone have any idea of how to repair it? If possible. Being on the panel bend line real sucks.... IMG_20200520_102135.jpg IMG_20200520_102148.jpg IMG_20200520_112744.jpg

sm1ke

Work In Progress..
Contributor
:
Canada
:
'18 CX-9 Signature
Got a little car wash earlier today since the weather is so nice. We'll see how long it stays clean, with living out in the country.

Got this nice little ding the 2nd week I had the car. Anyone have any idea of how to repair it? If possible. Being on the panel bend line real sucks.... View attachment 224789 View attachment 224790 View attachment 224791
Try to find a local PDR shop with an excellent rep. A fellow user on this forum had a similar ding. I believe he took it to a PDR shop and they were able to repair it so that it was almost invisible (but not perfect).

:
2019 CX-5 GTR

Got this nice little ding the 2nd week I had the car. Anyone have any idea of how to repair it? If possible. Being on the panel bend line real sucks.... View attachment 224789 View attachment 224790 View attachment 224791
What you are looking for is PDR

Paintless Dent Repair

some similar discussions:

What you are looking for is PDR

Paintless Dent Repair

some similar discussions:
Try to find a local PDR shop with an excellent rep. A fellow user on this forum had a similar ding. I believe he took it to a PDR shop and they were able to repair it so that it was almost invisible (but not perfect).
Thanks for the heads up. I'll look into it.

chiefmg

MOTM July 2015
:
'81 RX-7 GS, '00 Miata SE, '16 Camaro (wife's), '15 CX-5 GT AWD
Wife was on a trip Saturday and the car started acting up (wouldn't go over 25 mph, lots of alarm lights). She did the right thing and got it off the road. Went to rescue her but forgot my code reader, however disconnecting the battery to reset the ECU did nothing. I went back Sunday and trailered it home. Finally got around to troubleshooting today, coil pack for cylinder #4 was bad. I was going to get one from the dealer and order a complete set from Rock Auto, but after looking at prices I decided to just wait on the RA set which are supposed to arrive Friday.

BTW, if you haven't changed plugs on this vehicle it takes a 14mm socket. None of my plug sockets are that small. Just replaced them all 11,000 miles ago but forgot what I used.

:
2019 CX-5 GTR
Blu got a Class III hitch and wiring harness. Before any of you comment, I know the hitch is more than the CX-5 can tow. I mainly got the Class III for the accessories I can hook into it.

:
2014 & 2019 CX-5 Touring(s)
Blu got a Class III hitch and wiring harness. Before any of you comment, I know the hitch is more than the CX-5 can tow. I mainly got the Class III for the accessories I can hook into it.
Yeah - if I ever get a hitch, that's what I'd do too.