• Welcome to Mazdas247. Membership is free and offers many benefits, please Click Here to learn more, thanks!
  • Mazdas247 is an Amazon Associate and earns from qualifying purchases.

What have you done to your CX-5 today?

chiefmg

MOTM July 2015
:
'81 RX-7 GS, '00 Miata SE, '16 Camaro (wife's), '15 CX-5 GT AWD
Oil/filter change, tire rotation. Tightened the passenger rear sway bar bushing as it had loosened again. Also saw that the end link was touching the control arm, need to look at that and see if the link itself is damaged or something else causing it. When the weather gets consistently warmer I'm going to have to remove the chassis braces I have, strip and paint them as the winter road sprays have them corroded.

:
Northern VA
:
2014 CX-5 AWD
Is this recent? Who is doing your tuning? Ovtuned Philippines? The original Ovt is out of the mazda game, but I've been told people can email ovtune philipenes (Rafel) directly.
Yep, I emailed the main OVTune account on their site and Rafael responded that he would do the Mazda tune. I started around mid Feb and got my first tune file last week. They were running a discount on their Toyota tunes and they applied it to my Mazda tune as well.

Chris_Top_Her

Banned
Contributor
:
San Antonio, Texas
:
'15 CX-5 Miata AWD
Yep, I emailed the main OVTune account on their site and Rafael responded that he would do the Mazda tune. I started around mid Feb and got my first tune file last week. They were running a discount on their Toyota tunes and they applied it to my Mazda tune as well.
Thanks, I kept hearing this but hadn't heard about anyone following through.

:
Northern VA
:
2014 CX-5 AWD
How much is a tune like that? How it is applied to the car?
It was on sale for $499.

They send you a dongle that you connect to your obd port and your laptop. You download your cars ecu settings along with some driving logs collected via the app and send it to them. Ovtune then modifies the file and sends it back to you and you upload that file into your car.

:
2013 Mazda CX-5 Sport FWD Auto
Installed a NAPA Legend 630 CCA battery. Damn Interstate Megatron II 550 CCA died at less than 3 years old. 3rd battery in my 2013 since new (OEM, Interstate, now the NAPA).

:
2013 Mazda CX-5 Sport FWD Auto
Replaced the lightbulb that illuminates the gear selection for the transmission. Randomly blew out about a month ago. Sylvania 2721 is a good replacement bulb.

:
CX-5
I had 3M ceramic tint applied as well:
a) 70% to windshield
b) 20% to the other windows as that seemed to best match what was already on the rear windows.

Most importantly, after all the rain we've had, I washed it and vacuumed the interior. It won't look good for long with another 7+ days of rain coming, but I simply couldn't stand looking at it (or touching it as it was so grimy) any longer. :)

Chris_Top_Her

Banned
Contributor
:
San Antonio, Texas
:
'15 CX-5 Miata AWD
Waited a long time for it to get made, but replaced my janky gauge set up for a pod. I caused short circuit and blew the fuse the gauges are on when I snipped a bundle of wires.. oil pressure gauge reads 100 at 0 now and seems off at idle so I ordered a new sender. Otherwise ipl have to replace the gauge.
20200310_133522.jpg
88370897_10163322744950487_4511978618938720256_o.jpg

:
Northern VA
:
2014 CX-5 AWD
Waited a long time for it to get made, but replaced my janky gauge set up for a pod. I caused short circuit and blew the fuse the gauges are on when I snipped a bundle of wires.. oil pressure gauge reads 100 at 0 now and seems off at idle so I ordered a new sender. Otherwise ipl have to replace the gauge.
View attachment 223441 View attachment 223442
Are you successfully running boost on your 2015?

Avoidin Deer

Zoom Zoom, baby
Contributor
:
Central Virginia
:
2019 CX-5 Reserve
Vacuumed interior and washed it yesterday, took it in to the dealer this morning for first oil change, state inspection, tire rotation.

Got up this morning after washing it yesterday and saw this:
mirror.png

Got some soapy water and a rinse bucket and cleaned it off before leaving for the dealers. Took the buckets inside, came back out, and he had hit it again!

Got back from the dealer, went inside for a while, came back out, and the side was covered.

This is a new thing. There's a bird who has taken a sudden liking to my car.

tibimakai

San Dimas CA
:
USA
:
2014 CX-5 Touring
Yesterday afternoon, somebody took a picture of my car and he was so excited, that he never seen an suv look this good lowered. He wanted to show the pictures to somebody else as well. He was driving a CRV.

Jim

:
Prairie Village KS
:
2020 GT w/ Premium
Purchased a red 2020 GT with Premium package last Saturday while it was somewhere in America enroute to the dealer in Kansas City. Picked it up today. Nothing like the new car smell. Counting on any spores to have died on the ship from Japan! Planning a road trip to get acquainted with it.

Weekly Poll: Interested in the new Mazda3?

• Yes

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • No

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • I’d prefer a CX-30

Votes: 4 18.2%