• Got Stuff to Sell or Buy? You can post an ad for free in our Marketplace, just follow the Rules. Thanks!

What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Chris_Top_Her

Banned
Contributor
:
San Antonio, Texas
:
'15 CX-5 Miata AWD
The caliper boots or the slider in boots?

Caliper boots = Rockauto sells the these boots. They fit/work perfect upon replacing a ripped Caliper boot.

Slider boots = Rockauto also sells them however my aftermarket pads came with new ones :).
slider boot, luckily the caliper boot has not ripped yet

ColoradoDriver

Gen-1 Kodo Design
Contributor
:
Denver, CO
:
2014 CX-5 Touring
Need to do an oil change, but it has been so cold lately. Thinking I should get a heater for my little detached garage.

Avoidin Deer

Zoom Zoom, baby
Contributor
:
Central Virginia
:
2019 CX-5 Reserve
Need to do an oil change, but it has been so cold lately. Thinking I should get a heater for my little detached garage.
Do it!

Here's how I operate:

#1: Buy new toys.
#2: Rationalize #1.
#3: Don't spend too much time on #2.

I just purchased a pistol-style IR thermometer I've been looking at because it was year-end half price sale. Not a need, but a want satisfied at 50% off.

A friend of mine has one of these that he attaches to the top of a tall propane tank for his business (a garden center here in the country):

Adjusts 9k-30k BTUs. Description says "up to 25 sq. ft. radius." I guess they can be forgiven for failing geometry.

Regarding Step #2: less than $90 at Home Depot. Pays for itself in 2 oil changes! See how easy it is...

ColoradoDriver

Gen-1 Kodo Design
Contributor
:
Denver, CO
:
2014 CX-5 Touring
Do it!

Here's how I operate:

#1: Buy new toys.
#2: Rationalize #1.
#3: Don't spend too much time on #2.

I just purchased a pistol-style IR thermometer I've been looking at because it was year-end half price sale. Not a need, but a want satisfied at 50% off.

A friend of mine has one of these that he attaches to the top of a tall propane tank for his business (a garden center here in the country):

Adjusts 9k-30k BTUs. Description says "up to 25 sq. ft. radius." I guess they can be forgiven for failing geometry.

Regarding Step #2: less than $90 at Home Depot. Pays for itself in 2 oil changes! See how easy it is...
Looks nice!

I have outlets in the garage, so will need to shop around for what will work best. (I am not allowed to have those types of propane tanks here which sucks. County law for condos/apartments that I got busted on already.)

shadonoz

SkyActiv Member
Contributor
:
State of Jefferson
:
2017 CX-5 GT AWD+
Check out quartz heaters. They're safe and much warmer than equivalent electric heaters.

:
13' CX-5 and 16' Mazda6 both Touring w/Tech/Bose
Made some light renovations to our 2-car garage.

95% done repainting walls and doors using Behr Premium plus White in semi-gloss providing brighter glow and more mold/water resistant too. Increased HP by .6

Replaced the torn up garage door bottom seal
Man that was not fun. Did not slide easily like YouTube vids :). Had to trim to fit and use a screwdriver/soapy water to wedge each section in inch by inch. Now looks much better now to seal out dust/water. Increased HP by .008

Washed cars. Increased HP by 3.

Purchased a new shelf unit with some Craftsman storage containers to minimize clutter. No HP increase.

Newer looking garage with clean cars parked inside. Way to ring in 2020!!!!!

tibimakai

San Dimas CA
:
USA
:
2014 CX-5 Touring
I'm redoing my garage as well. It will be a basic man cave. With Dolby Atmos Klipsch system w/125" motorized screen, two workbenches, tool box, etc. I have installed a diy mini split A/C which is great, it gives cold and heat as well. It is smart on top of that.
Last week I have changed the oil and it was great, to work in a 72 degree garage.

sm1ke

Work In Progress..
Contributor
:
Canada
:
'18 CX-9 Signature
Made some light renovations to our 2-car garage.

95% done repainting walls and doors using Behr Premium plus White in semi-gloss providing brighter glow and more mold/water resistant too. Increased HP by .6

Replaced the torn up garage door bottom seal
Man that was not fun. Did not slide easily like YouTube vids :). Had to trim to fit and use a screwdriver/soapy water to wedge each section in inch by inch. Now looks much better now to seal out dust/water. Increased HP by .008

Washed cars. Increased HP by 3.

Purchased a new shelf unit with some Craftsman storage containers to minimize clutter. No HP increase.

Newer looking garage with clean cars parked inside. Way to ring in 2020!!!!!
Nice! If you're interested in a lighting upgrade, may I suggest the deformable LED lights? They screw into the standard E26/27 socket but put out a fuckton more light. They look like these ones, but the ones I bought came from AliExpress. I can post a picture if you want to see the output.

ColoradoDriver

Gen-1 Kodo Design
Contributor
:
Denver, CO
:
2014 CX-5 Touring
Did not slide easily like YouTube vids :). Had to trim to fit and use a screwdriver/soapy water to wedge each section in inch by inch.
Sounds like when I replace my garbage disposal about 3 years ago and the videos were saying the old one could just unscrew out of the mount. Sure...if it wasn't rusted onto the mount! Not to mention the flange was completely stuck on as well, so I ended up just getting vice grips and bending it in so it would fit through the sink hole once I got the rest of it unstuck.

:
13' CX-5 and 16' Mazda6 both Touring w/Tech/Bose
Sounds like when I replace my garbage disposal about 3 years ago and the videos were saying the old one could just unscrew out of the mount. Sure...if it wasn't rusted onto the mount! Not to mention the flange was completely stuck on as well, so I ended up just getting vice grips and bending it in so it would fit through the sink hole once I got the rest of it unstuck.
2 years ago I bought a new Badger disposal but with higher HP. Luckily it was literally plug and play with no change to piping and mounts. Cannot recall if I used plumbers silicone grease on the mount's surface?

I'm redoing my garage as well. It will be a basic man cave. With Dolby Atmos Klipsch system w/125" motorized screen, two workbenches, tool box, etc. I have installed a diy mini split A/C which is great, it gives cold and heat as well. It is smart on top of that.
Last week I have changed the oil and it was great, to work in a 72 degree garage.
I try to schedule my oil changes during fall and spring if possible......but damn. That's a man cave!!! The only thing I have is playing YouTube music vids on my tiny lap computer speakers while detailing/working on my car.

Nice! If you're interested in a lighting upgrade, may I suggest the deformable LED lights? They screw into the standard E26/27 socket but put out a fuckton more light. They look like these ones, but the ones I bought came from AliExpress. I can post a picture if you want to see the output.
I 've got some small nifty lights for engine bay and suspension work but Better lighting is on my list in general for the garage would be nice.

yrwei52

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech Pkg. Plano, TX
Contributor
:
Plano, Texas, USA
Boy, that’s so nice and I just don’t think my wife would let me do it.

And so as the Homeowner Association if you unfortunately have one ⋯ ;)

Avoidin Deer

Zoom Zoom, baby
Contributor
:
Central Virginia
:
2019 CX-5 Reserve
Man, when my garage was built I installed my old Lafayette receiver (12 watts, baby) and thought I was downtown! First stereo I ever purchased...back in '72.

I'd like to install a climate system, bit it's a 3 car garage with no insulation and no ceiling.

tibimakai

San Dimas CA
:
USA
:
2014 CX-5 Touring
I want to make it like a room w/insulation(almost done). 7.1.4 system, Onkyo TX-RZ730, 2x towers w/2x8" drivers, 4x bookshelves, and 4 x ceiling speakers, 1 x 15" sub, 1 x 10" sub, 1 center speaker( 4 x drivers).
All Reference Premiere series, not the Best Buy cheapy ones.
Video surveillance system, put together by me, server build by me running on Blue Iris, with all Dahua commercial grade cameras, not all in one box from Costco. These are big all metal cameras, 2 x PTZ once, one w/auto tracking. Licence plate monitor as well, w/licence plate recorder w/pictures.
I have a microscope, oscilloscope, Flir thermal gun, power supplies, soldering stations, hot air stations, etc..

yrwei52

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech Pkg. Plano, TX
Contributor
:
Plano, Texas, USA
I want to make it like a room w/insulation(almost done). 7.1.4 system, Onkyo TX-RZ730, 2x towers w/2x8" drivers, 4x bookshelves, and 4 x ceiling speakers, 1 x 15" sub, 1 x 10" sub, 1 center speaker( 4 x drivers).
All Reference Premiere series, not the Best Buy cheapy ones.
Video surveillance system, put together by me, server build by me running on Blue Iris, with all Dahua commercial grade cameras, not all in one box from Costco. These are big all metal cameras, 2 x PTZ once, one w/auto tracking. Licence plate monitor as well, w/licence plate recorder w/pictures.
I have a microscope, oscilloscope, Flir thermal gun, power supplies, soldering stations, hot air stations, etc..
These are all serious stuff ⋯ (cool)

Chris_Top_Her

Banned
Contributor
:
San Antonio, Texas
:
'15 CX-5 Miata AWD
My shit got hit today 😪
Sideswiped by a truck who "didn't see me" when changing lane (we'll call it that since he was cooperating). Damage on driver fender and bumper cover, scuffs on wheel. Also the mirror went in but il have to look at it again for dmg. Got rear ended last month by a company van too, hadn't had that fixed yet but just got the payment to do so from the offenders insurance. So I guess I'll just get both fixed at once.. ppl around here are suck drivers

Avoidin Deer

Zoom Zoom, baby
Contributor
:
Central Virginia
:
2019 CX-5 Reserve
Brought it home...2019 CX5 Signature in EBM.
Congrats.

I see you joined in October. Did you just buy it or was it in for repairs (sorry if you've said elsewhere)? I joined August 2018 and finally made my purchase in March 2019.

ps: Nice color choice. Same color as my Reserve. I love it. You don't see many of that blue around.

Who has a CX-5 and a Miata?

• Yes, an ND MX-5 Miata

Votes: 8 11.8%
  • Yes, an Older Gen MX-5 Miata

Votes: 20 29.4%
  • Yes, more than one actually...

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • No but I'm in the market for one...

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • No

Votes: 34 50.0%