What have you done to your CX-5 today?

:
2014 CX-5 Touring
Did first oil change since the bottom end repair. Everything looked good. Added some. Blue devil for a small leaking cant find/be bothered with. Also drained and filled my trans again for a total of 8 qts (2 drain and fillbwothin 3 week). New drilled and slotted brakes discs/pads going on tomorrow. Put my new taillights back on after I had to send one of the hatch lights back because of a soldering issue.
I think yours is the only CX5 I've heard of that has needed bottom end bearings replaced. Any idea what caused it? Do you just beat on it that hard? :p

:
2014 CX-5 Touring
Dang my wife's car needs brakes BAD! We just got back from a week-long vacation, nearly 1,500 miles of driving, and every time I applied the brakes on the highway the steering wheel shaking was absolutely awful. We've had the car from 52K now up to 94K miles, and I've never done brakes on it yet.

Chris_Top_Her

Banned
Contributor
:
San Antonio, Texas
:
'15 CX-5 Miata AWD
Dang my wife's car needs brakes BAD! We just got back from a week-long vacation, nearly 1,500 miles of driving, and every time I applied the brakes on the highway the steering wheel shaking was absolutely awful. We've had the car from 52K now up to 94K miles, and I've never done brakes on it yet.
Oil starved during a sharp turn, likely had leaked some oil enough to blank the pickup.
You can get 4 wheels rotor/pads from brake labs (Ebay store) for just over $100 (OEM style/spec) or drilled and slotted for around $180. I went to the d/s because every OEM or OEM style brake disc I've had on my cx5 ended up warped. And the fade sucks. Doesn't work with my driving style.

ColoradoDriver

Gen-1 Kodo Design
Contributor
:
Denver, CO
:
2014 CX-5 Touring
Surprised you have not even looked at the brakes yet if you have 94k miles. Of course they are acting like that.

:
2014 CX-5 Touring
Why does everyone think I haven't inspected the brakes? Of course I've looked at them, several times since getting the car, and the pads appear to have life left in them. It's just been this past stint of road trip highway driving where they really started to vibrate pretty bad on the brake pedal. It's had a faint vibration for awhile and I just haven't gotten around to doing the work.

Also it doesn't really vibrate at normal speeds around town. It's when braking from 70+ MPH that it vibrates pretty bad. And my wife pretty much never drives the car on the highway, like, ever.

Chris_Top_Her

Banned
Contributor
:
San Antonio, Texas
:
'15 CX-5 Miata AWD
I'm turning very hard myself, but my engine is fine. It's kind of hard to believe, that from a hard turn the engine can get that bad.

Or, perhaps his crankcase was very low on oil.
That's what I was saying. Although it's not unheard of for a sharp turn (usually prolonged) to blank an oil pickup, likely the oil leak helped it happen during the sharp turn. Also the rpms were low (thus oil pressure/pump flow) when it happened

ColoradoDriver

Gen-1 Kodo Design
Contributor
:
Denver, CO
:
2014 CX-5 Touring
Why does everyone think I haven't inspected the brakes? Of course I've looked at them, several times since getting the car, and the pads appear to have life left in them. It's just been this past stint of road trip highway driving where they really started to vibrate pretty bad on the brake pedal. It's had a faint vibration for awhile and I just haven't gotten around to doing the work.

Also it doesn't really vibrate at normal speeds around town. It's when braking from 70+ MPH that it vibrates pretty bad. And my wife pretty much never drives the car on the highway, like, ever.
Probably the rotors need turning vs. the pads not having any life in them.

:
13' CX-5 and 16' Mazda6 both Touring w/Tech/Bose

Brake deposits. Perhaps related to engine braking where pads aren't really biting into rotors but rather leave some glazing behind. Turning rotors or just buying new ones would do the trick.

:
2008 mx-5 GT Niseko
Installed a few OEM accessories today

Front and rear bumper garnish:

These were more of a hassle than expected!

Also installed lift gate sill plate (or whatever its called):

Lastly, did front and rear splash guards:

Installed cargo cover, but its a 30 second job. No pics of this. Surprised with the quality of this piece. Very well made with a mesh portion so you can see through it while the lift gate is open.

Next up will be oem window vents and sill plates.

:
2019 Mazda CX-5 Signature (Machine Gray)

Also installed lift gate sill plate (or whatever its called):

Installed cargo cover, but its a 30 second job. No pics of this. Surprised with the quality of this piece. Very well made with a mesh portion so you can see through it while the lift gate is open.

Nice!!! Looks great! I've only done cargo matts and a slew of detailing products so far.

Did you order this all from your dealer or online?! I plan on getting some.of the same accessories (door will trim, splash guards). Could you send a link to the items you purchased?

Thanks!

Avoidin Deer

Zoom Zoom, baby
Contributor
:
Central Virginia
:
2019 CX-5 Reserve

Also installed lift gate sill plate (or whatever it*s called):

Installed cargo cover, but it*s a 30 second job. No pics of this. Surprised with the quality of this piece. Very well made with a mesh portion so you can see through it while the lift gate is open.

Looks good. I had the rear bumper guard (sill plate), cargo cover and splash guards done by the factory, since labor was free when I ordered the car And I read that the rear splash guards (I believe) are tough to install.

Someone else here posted pics of running his car through mud "Before and After" installing the splash guards. For as small as they are, they make a big difference.

I have window vents on my truck and am still thinking about putting them on my CX-5.