What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Put on the side moldings. The paint match was perfect (white). They look very nice and I think they should give me a little protection. Up next is the clear film for the front bumper and the LED DRL's and tint than I am done.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 1,084
Last edited:
Filled up the tank today in preparation for a drive to sunny warm Orlando Florida. 11.15 gal at $38.56 from less than 1/4 tank. (yippy) She needs a bath before we hit the road this thursday.

Jeff
I live about 100 miles south of Orlando on the Gulf Coast. Supposed to be in the 80's for the next few days so you picked a perfect time.
John

I live about 100 miles south of Orlando on the Gulf Coast. Supposed to be in the 80's for the next few days so you picked a perfect time.
John

Yeah john. They scheduled the marathon for the perfect time.

Jeff

Put on the side moldings. The paint match was perfect (white). They look very nice and I think they should give me a little protection. Up next is the clear film for the front bumper and the LED DRL's and tint than I am done.

Sharp looking car.....I am envious of your green grass.

Had 30% tint put on the front windows and it comes pretty close to matching the privacy glass. The owner of the shop said the factory privacy glass was 28%, before he saw the car he guessed it was 18% based on other SUV's. Anyway it looks good and the price was only $95 for their premium film (FormulaOne for what that is worth).
John

Had 30% tint put on the front windows and it comes pretty close to matching the privacy glass. The owner of the shop said the factory privacy glass was 28%, before he saw the car he guessed it was 18% based on other SUV's. Anyway it looks good and the price was only $95 for their premium film (FormulaOne for what that is worth).
John
John: Interesting; I got an estimate for the same thing yesterday. My guy said the rear was 20%, but he was just guessing. Did your guy take an actual measurement? Do you find the 30% in the front to be OK at night? And finally, do you know if they took the inner door panels off to do the job? Thanks.

John: Interesting; I got an estimate for the same thing yesterday. My guy said the rear was 20%, but he was just guessing. Did your guy take an actual measurement? Do you find the 30% in the front to be OK at night? And finally, do you know if they took the inner door panels off to do the job? Thanks.

Paris, I was not in back when they did it but he acted like he tested it because he was surprised that it was so much lighter than expected. I trust him because he is a friend of mine who does detailing for most the car dealers in my town. Also he has been doing this since 1991. I have not driven it at night so I have no idea. I just went with his recommendation. They did not take off the door panels but they did push the squeegee in way in. I think the 30% will be fine and it matches the factory so nice.
John

good job! the moldings really look oem quality. dawn-ent deserve a big (kiss) for their moldings and working out the placement. (mad) that mazda couoln't come up with anything similar.

Wiped the interior (do that pretty much every other day) :) and also wiped the rear-view camera.. much better view when backing up!

Gave her a wash! Also picked up a set of RX8 wheels! Gonna get them powder coated gunmetal!!

Zooms - Wanna see a pic of wheels on the CX-5 once installed.

I cleaned a 4 year old's vomit from the upholstery. Definitely no smiley face... I'd even bought car seat protectors and had gone for the dealers upholstery protection (they 'threw it in for 50' by the end of the deal-making). Still, as good as new now and the littl'un will be on the roof from now on (wink)

Today i sat with the engine off for 2 and a half hours on the M6 motorway and used the rear door as a view blocker while i pissed in to a screen-wash bottle..... awesome... (notcool)

Not today but on the weekend I took the CX5 in for its 15,000 mile servicing.
2 other CX5s in the bay, one blue, and the other black like mine. The blue is a really nice color up close.
Car is verrry smooth after the servicing, she musta really needed it.

Latest posts

Back