What else can I do to my 2002 Protege ES 2.0 auto?

ChrisHustles

:
Mazda Protege ES 2.0
This was my first car and I finished paying it off this year so I wanted to have some fun. I have a large income and wanted to throw money into this vehicle but don't wanna go as far as changing the transmission.
The car has "paddle shift" so I've heard and here's what I have on it so far:
-AEM short arm intake
-Megan Racing full exhaust kit (bolt on)
-NGK spark plugs
- ordered a set of performance headers yesterday. Not installed.

So far I've read up that stripping the car of it's back seat helps with HP and I'm willing to do that too! Again this is just a project with my first car and I want to max the performance of it. I love this car and really can't just trade it in.

So again, what can I do to get a little HP into this Protege without changing transmission? I have money to spare for this vehicle.

Removing the back seat on a automatic protege won't do much, but it will help. It by no means will "add hp" but you are going to achieve a better hp to weight ratio.

get yourself some springs and struts. these cars really shine in the twisties.

header will work fine, but will throw a code. do yourself a favor and do the spark plug defouler trick with the ds 02 sensor.

Proteges aren't necessarily high class cars but they do handle quite impressivly

I think you should leave the backseat. A few more performance mods would really improve the way the car drives.

I bought some k power coils! And I removed the dash trim and past I dipped white! Pics later, but more mods as whast else? Also can any of you direct me on how to install headlights? I have the black trimmed ones and actually wanted to see mods that can be done to them

I bought some k power coils! And I removed the dash trim and past I dipped white! Pics later, but more mods as whast else? Also can any of you direct me on how to install headlights? I have the black trimmed ones and actually wanted to see mods that can be done to them

Headlights are easy man, if I remember correct all you really need is a 10mm and BAM they are out. Also if you are looking for headlight mods you could always open them up and do a gloss black finish on the inside. I did this to my Chevy Cobalt headlights and it looked sick, then I upgraded them to the angel eye and l.e.d ones later on. You could also hook up on a set of HIDs to fit in. depending on where you go you can get them cheap and they will look good. Just remember to adjust them correctly because H.I.D has two meanings and both are proper..... High Intensity Discharge<<< the one you want OR Hi Ima Dickhead<<when you don't set them properly and blind everyone.

Back