What do you guys think of Hydrogen Fuel???

ZZZOOM!

With new hydrogen fuel kits going on the market I was looking into them for the 3. After a couple of friends got together and made homemade kits for their ricer hondas with absolutely surpising results, (though it looked pretty dangerous to me) I feel like its worth it. The new kits I have access too state:

Delivers upwards of 30 liters of oxy-hydrogen per hour
100% leak proof
3 year unlimited mileage replacement warranty
Made of High Grade (304 & 316) ABS
Mileage range per fill 325 miles (1000 km) (water)
Maintenance free
Draws 4 to 7 amps
Can be used in freezing weather
Installation instructions included
Up to 30% Gas Mileage increase.
Increase of 5% in horsepower.

I guess I should have made this a GI thread but I am really open to all opinions and this is the best place. Is it worth paying 700 bucks for a kit like this?

3496_b.jpg

Last edited:
Depends on how long you plan to keep the car, and what your mileage is. If you're spending $45 dollars a week at the gas station, 30% of that is $13.50.
$700/13.50 = 51.85 weeks. So about a year to get your money back. Of course, in a metaphorical and literal sense, your mileage may vary ;)

Oh, and I meant to add, this is purely from a money standpoint, as far as technical aspects/results/safety, I have no idea.

Last edited:
safety is certainly an issue. You are dealing with flamable gas that who knows what could happen if you developed a leak in the engine bay or sudden release after an accident etc. The home kits my friends made with scary looking glass jars increased performance and brought their highway fuel from 32mpg to around 42mpg. Both the kits I am talking about were on older honda accords. The ECM did get confused as it tried to adjust to changes in sensor readings which resulted in them creating a home made on the fly sensor adjustment. More time that I would put into it lol. I just do not know enough about what the implications on adding this system. I may just have to get one and play with it so I have my own numbers.

hows it work? are installation instructions available? i'd like to do some reading first, but it sounds intriguing.

interesting for sure... i commute 75miles a day so 30% increase would be nice... i wonder where i could get the fuel and what that cost would be remember its not free so your $$ calculations are not really correct.

interesting for sure... i commute 75miles a day so 30% increase would be nice... i wonder where i could get the fuel and what that cost would be remember its not free so your $$ calculations are not really correct.

These use electolysis to get hydrogen from water. The only thing you refill is water. I am trying to hunt down some instructions.

Here is what I found on the system above. I do not know where they are getting their information. They are guaranteeing +10mpg.

The Perfect Ideal for Hydrogen Boost Fuel Injection System

Here is the hoopla:

Guaranteed to increase your fuel efficiency by at least 10 MPG or your money back
Does Hydrogen really work or is it a scam? Well let's look at the facts and you will make the decision yourself. The first automotive engine that was designed was not meant to combust liquid, but was designed to run on combusted gas vapor. That is the reason why carburetor engines were using more gasoline then it burnt, the fuel would simply eject from the exhaust in liquid form. Fuel injection replaced Carburetor in the late 1980s, enhancing the fuel delivery into the engine by injecting the fuel in a spray form. Now keep in mind that even though the fuel injection now delivered the fuel into the engine by spraying it instead of pouring it and combusted it more efficiently, the engine was still not designed to take liquid form.

So what is Hydrogen and what happens when it's mixed with fuel? Hydrogen is a gas and is the most abundant chemical element on earth. Hydrogen can also be found in water (H2O). Hydrogen combusts and burns hotter then gasoline that you put in your car. With that said, Hydrogen can completely power your car just like gasoline (after all gasoline contains a mixture of hydrocarbons). The problem is getting enough Hydrogen into the engine.

So what does the Hydrogen Boost do? It's not magic, it's SCIENCE. You fill the system up with Water and the Hydrogen Boost separates the Hydrogen from the Water. It then takes the Hydrogen and delivers it to your fuel injectors along with the gasoline. Hydrogen combusts with the Gasoline inside the engine therefore creates a more efficient use of the gasoline. The combustion creates a more efficient way to power the vehicles engine. Since Hydrogen burns hotter then gasoline, the mixture between the two will require less gasoline to power the actual engine.

Hydrogen does not damage or ruin your engine in any way since the combustion is controlled by the vehicle's ECU. The ECU will simply not let anything happen with your engine that would damage it in anyway. Why haven't the automakers adopted this before? Well after 20 years they are just starting to, introducing Honda Civic FCX.

You don't have to wait for the auto makers to come out with Hydrogen cars, convert your car now. The Hydrogen Boost will convert your car into a Hybrid which will run on Gasoline and Water! You fill up your water tank every 325 miles - 1200 miles on bigger systems, that's approximately once every time you fill up.

In addition unlike our competitor hydrogen fuel conversion system, ours is guaranteed to work. We promise 10MPG or your money back. Why are we so confident in our system and our competitors are not? Because adding Hydrogen into your engine will not increase your MPG unless three things occur:

Vehicle ECU is configured to allow the extra combustion from the hydrogen to enter or it will completely reject it.
The oxygen sensor must be configured with a special circuit board that will accommodate the hydrogen.
The Hydrogen Boost Fuel Conversion must produce enough Hydrogen per hour to accommodate your specific vehicle.
Our Hydrogen Boost system are not universal, we have designed and tested each system for every specific car model. Our system come s with 2 ECU Circuit boards that will reconfigure the ECU and the Oxygen sensor for your car. It is a Bare bones PC boarded EFIE circuit (Electronic Fuel Injection Enhancement) (Size is 1" x 2 "). The board is complete and ready to install with all the wiring for 12 volts dc input and the oxygen sensor signal input and output that goes back to the vehicles computer. There is a switch to put the unit IN operation and OUT of operation. It has an on board red and green LED that shows when IN or OUT of operation. The Oxy Comp-1 comes calibrated and ready to install. All components are of military specs. Has on board voltage regulation so that the offset voltage that you set is extremely stable and will not drift. Also has an on board relay that the oxygen sensors signal is switched threw.

Hydrogen Fuel Cell is the most cleanest emissions fuel that can power a vehicle better then regular gasoline, while also achieving higher engine gas mileage, engine horsepower, etc. You probably haven't heard much about it because the government doesn't want you to know. Since 1990, the idea was crushed over and over again by our Government and giant Oil Companies. More details about our government

By installing the Hydrogen Boost Fuel Cell System you benefit yourself and your society in many ways:

Drastic increase in engine horsepower
Extreme gas mileage increase
Decrease the effects of global warming
IRS Tax Deduction
Do you have a new car? Don't worry this will not ruin your warranty, the installation is completely reversible. In fact your dealer won't even know you have it installed it's so discreet. Installation Process. Don't want to waste your time installing it yourself? No problem, simply ask us we have over 500 certified installers nationwide who can install this system in any car in a few hours.

Make this investment one time, the Hydrogen Fuel System is reusable and you will be able to install it and reinstall in all of your future cars. The system will pay off for itself guaranteed. You save money at the pump, improve gas mileage, improve horsepower and emissions. Most importantly you will be making a great benefit not only to your planet and global warming but your actions will speak for themselves by telling CEO Oil Giants and Saudi Arabia that you are now less dependant on their overpriced product, "GASOLINE".
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is a description of an install if you are really bored:
LINK

The kits these guys make run from 20 liters of hydrogen per hour to 200 depending on how much you want to spend. But the do not say what the difference is in mpg or performance. I am going to get the 30 liter per hour kit for the P5 or 3 (have not decided) and see what happens.

Last edited:
"Drastic increase in engine horsepower" -- sounds good
"Extreme gas mileage increase" -- sounds even better
"IRS Tax Deduction" -- no s***?
"Will not ruin your warranty" -- tell that to Mazda!!!!!

I am willing to try it out, but for the price I won't be the first. Also, what about adding this onto a DISI, let alone with boost??

lol I am not sure what their definition of "extreme" horsepower increase is. I better be above the 300+ mark for my definition of extreme. That is a good question though. What about boost??? I am going to call the manufacturer and if they cannot give me all the answers I am going to be very suspicious.

Yeah, and who says it won't be more susceptible to pre-ignition (aka does hydrogen have a relative octane???) It seems great for saving money, making power, and (possibly) being warranty safe.... IF it works

These use electolysis to get hydrogen from water. The only thing you refill is water. I am trying to hunt down some instructions.

Here is what I found on the system above. I do not know where they are getting their information. They are guaranteeing +10mpg.

if thats the case then why haven't automanufactures done this yet? i am really suspicious of anything citing electrolysis as from what i understood they couldn't get enough hydrogen with the available energy from the cars electrical system to be significant... sounds fishy

I'm going to install one in the next week... I've been experimenting for the last 3 weeks with it, reading a lot of literature and going to hhoforums.com a lot.

The system definitely works but you need make sure you do it right. Before buying pre-made hho generator and EFIE.

My biggest problem is that no hydrogen generator will fit in the engine compartment of a Mazda 3!!!!! I'm having to buy a CAI just to fit the hydrogen generator and bubbler where the old air box was... really frustrating. I might even have to cut a hole in my battery box to make more room for it.

I bought my hho generator from VadaEnergy.com.
I bought my EFIE off Ebay for about $80.

My EFIE came yesterday and generator and CAI should come on Monday. I'll take pictures .... email me in a week or two if you want an update. galen.vinter@gmail.com

Also, check out hhoforums.com. AND PARTICIPATE. It's a great group of people who have a lot of good things to say.

VERY Snake OIL

I think Acura is planning to do this in a year or two in a vehicle but the news is it will have a hydrogen cell. Not electrolysis to separate H from H2O How you will refill was left out.I understand the basics of how it works. This still breaks the law of conservation. Do the timing advance mod and use 89 at the pump. increase in power with good economy.

COLD FUSSION?????????????????????????????????????

any results guys? i just found out about this and im SO READY to mod my p5, i want 1000KM's per tank, i can squeeze 700kms if i fill to the brim and run to vapor all the while babying the car.

i want to beat the crap out of the car and still get 1000 in the city.

has anybody hooked this system up and got results i have just bought one and have been told i might need an eifi. please let me know what you can

any results guys? i just found out about this and im SO READY to mod my p5, i want 1000KM's per tank, i can squeeze 700kms if i fill to the brim and run to vapor all the while babying the car.

i want to beat the crap out of the car and still get 1000 in the city.

Don't do it. Please. Trust me on this one.

I have friends on home made systems and beat up hondas that get really good results gas mileage wise. I was not impressed with how safe their home setups are. * I have not yet been able to justify one of those systems, or the cost of a manufactured one. There is going to be a push soon (hopefully) for more investigation into this stuff.

EDIT: These guys have three glass mason jars "wired together" in their engine compartment that obviously bubble when turned on thus creating the hydrogen.....hydrogen is extremely flamable...thats why it works so well....glass jar..yuck.

Last edited:
1. Nothing is every 100% leak proof.
2. Can you say Hindenburg...
3. Hydrogen fueling stations do not really exit except in test sites.

Back