What did you pay for your CX-5?

Hi All,

I'm in the market for a 2020 Mazda CX5 Touring w/ Preferred package. I'm in Long Island, New York too and the best offer so far I'm getting is this.

Sticker Price: $30,770
Offered: $30,000 + Remote Start & All Weather Mats. Excludes tax and upfront fees.

I'm financing it using the 0% apr for 60 months with a $5k down. Is this a good deal or should I wait till the end of the month to November when dealerships are about to phase off their 2020 stocks. I can still see some dealerships around with a lot of 2020 models. They won't lower down the price when you use the 0% financing so I'm thinking maybe this is best that it can get.

Thanks.

Mind me asking what dealer? I'm from long island as well. Haven't found 1 dealer to budge on price. How did you haggel them down?
I'm from Long Island as well and I'm on a market for a 20" CX5 Touring w/ preferred package. If you see my recent post I'm having that offer from Smithaven Mazda. I went to Huntington and they try to rip me off. They quoted me TMV $32k for the same trim w/ 166 miles on it already. They want to sell it to me with sticker price and quoted me +50% for the accessories that I want. Not sure if I should get the deal already from Smithhaven or just wait till the end of the month or November.

Hi All,

I'm in the market for a 2020 Mazda CX5 Touring w/ Preferred package. I'm in Long Island, New York too and the best offer so far I'm getting is this.

Offered: $30,000 + Remote Start & All Weather Mats. Excludes tax and upfront fees.

I'm financing it using the 0% apr for 60 months with a $5k down. Is this a good deal or should I wait till the end of the month to November when dealerships are about to phase off their 2020 stocks. I can still see some dealerships around with a lot of 2020 models. They won't lower down the price when you use the 0% financing so I'm thinking maybe this is best that it can get.

Thanks.
I'm in New York as well but in the 5 boroughs. I've checked the city and NJ and they seem to be running out of the 2020 tourings. I've been negotiating for the GTs instead and also going with the 0% financing but haven't had much luck in getting bigger discounts. Were you able to get the 1500 cash back on top of 0% apt?

I'm in New York as well but in the 5 boroughs. I've checked the city and NJ and they seem to be running out of the 2020 tourings. I've been negotiating for the GTs instead and also going with the 0% financing but haven't had much luck in getting bigger discounts. Were you able to get the 1500 cash back on top of 0% apt?
Nope I believe the customer cash of $1,500 only applies if you have your own financing or apply with the dealerships bank financing and not with Mazda. Only discount I have is less $770 of ticket price then negotiated to add remote start and all weather mats. I was asking initially $1500 less and remote start, mats and mudguards but they couldn't do it all.

Hi All,

Thanks.
Tbh, it doesn't sound right to me.
But I'm not an expert by any means.
Hopefully one of the pros will weigh in.

Nope I believe the customer cash of $1,500 only applies if you have your own financing or apply with the dealerships bank financing and not with Mazda. Only discount I have is less $770 of ticket price then negotiated to add remote start and all weather mats. I was asking initially $1500 less and remote start, mats and mudguards but they couldn't do it all.
I think by getting the 0% apr you get a $500 rebate as well, so make sure you ask about that.

I think by getting the 0% apr you get a $500 rebate as well, so make sure you ask about that.
From the Mazda USA website I don't see anything about the $500 rebate. I hope some of people here can weigh in on what would be the best offer in my Long Island location.

From the Mazda USA website I don't see anything about the $500 rebate. I hope some of people here can weigh in on what would be the best offer in my Long Island location.
Go to trucar.com and cargurus.com and start there with zip code and configuration. You will get dealer prices and see what discounts people are getting

The only reason I mention it is because I am currently in the process of buying a cx5 GTR and that's what was offered to me, with 0% apr. It certainly could vary from dealer to dealer, but I've seen several people in this thread mention that they received it as well.

We are shopping in Houston, TX. So far below is best offer before tax that we have received for a Black GT FWD 2020.

Car price: $29000
Gov doc fee:$190
Dealership doc fee: $150

We are going to use the 0% financing with $750 rebate.

Still a little unsure if we should pull the trigger.

Thanks all for the the input! It is getting very hard to get prices by email, or, on the phone -- even the online sales people insist on coming to the dealership. The only quotes I am getting are from PA dealerships, possibly the demand is not as strong. My quotes hover around 10% off MSRP (with the $1500 customer cash). I am trying to go lower but think 15% is going to be out of reach.

I finally pulled the trigger at a different dealership. We were looking for soul red + parchment interior and they were able to find it somehow. I am in NJ and in general, I found the NJ dealers to be insufferable and so, bought this from a PA dealership. All in all, except that it a took a bit to get the paperwork done, was an overall pleasant experience.

GT with premium package:

MSRP: 35100
Price: 31648 (with the $1500 cash back)
Only line items to get to OTD:
Doc Fee: 389
PA Tire: 5
Temp Plate: 15
NJ Tax: <i had a trade in>

It was about 10% off MSRP, so seemed reasonable and decided to call it quits. Hope this helps someone to finagle a better deal on the remaining 2020s on the lots. We wanted light interior, so were limited in choices but if that's not a concern, believe can be able to do better.

What do folks think of this deal for a 2021 Mazda CX-5 GT w/ PP in the greater Boston area? I will be asking for a decrease in the sell price to get the doc fee down. Gov fee encompasses title, license, etc. but I will ask for that itemized so I know what it actually includes. It's about 9.5% off MSRP. I am aiming for 12% to 15%.

MSRP: 34,585
Selling Price: 31,300
Government Fee: $170
Doc Fee: 499
Total Taxes: 1987.44

Final: 33956.44

Go to trucar.com and cargurus.com and start there with zip code and configuration. You will get dealer prices and see what discounts people are getting

I've posted this before, but realize that most new inquiries are not going to go back 30 pages so gthhey may not have caught this...

Yes, TrueCar but use that as a starting point. I have seen where you get a great quote, but then the dealer adds $100's in dealer added crap. So I called the dealers and told them I would come in to buy tonight if they would sell the car at the quote price without the extras they added - found 1 dealer willing to accept my offer.

See true example of texts I received. Amazing that the bottom line total is nearly $3,000 over the "your offer" price at the top

screenshot CX-5.jpg

Hi folks, first time new car buyer narrowed down to 2021 CX-5 Grand Touring without pp. question is how much should I not pay over if the MSRP is 30,377? I live in Dallas, Texas if that matters. thanks for help.

I've posted this before, but realize that most new inquiries are not going to go back 30 pages so gthhey may not have caught this...

Yes, TrueCar but use that as a starting point. I have seen where you get a great quote, but then the dealer ads $100's in dealer added crap. So I called the dealers and told them I would come in to buy tonight if they would sell the car at the quote price without the extras they added - found 1 dealer willing to accept my offer.

See true example of texts I received.

View attachment 227997

That's insane amount of add-ons. Is that normal around your area?

Hi folks, first time new car buyer narrowed down to 2021 CX-5 Grand Touring without pp. question is how much should I not pay over if the MSRP is 30,377? I live in Dallas, Texas if that matters. thanks for help.
I would use Truecar to see what dealers are asking, then get back to us for a more educated opinion

That's insane amount of add-ons. Is that normal around your area?
That example, while real, was an extreme. DOC fee here is about $500 everywhere, and the add-ons are usually over $1,000 (or so they try) for some type of paint shield, theft protection, window tint (which everyone in AZ will get somewhere), etc.

My car "only" had Window tint - $698 (probably cost them about $150 to have the local shop come in and do every car); and Kahu Connected Car Technology for $798. Not exactly a scam, it's pitched as theft protection/recovery for 3 year.

My dealer took both those off to make the deal the next day

AZ is famous for bulshit addons and pricing gimmicks but its a free market. Take it or leave it :)

just some examples, not so extreme as 'hal2' ones but still ....

lcd protector 100+
tint 300+ (that is actually useful)
edge guards 100+
paint sealant 200+
bumper protection film 150+
vin etching 300+
security protection whatever 200+

and here is another nteresting offer examples from local dealers.

MSRP 36900
SALE PRICE 35400
WITH LOCAL TAX 38200
TOTAL:
42700 incl. taxes fees and all.
o_O over 4500 in fees and whatever.

my favorite 'mind trick' from few years back is sales person leaving me on his desk with the bible on top of it for me to 're-think' the offer.

Back