What did you pay for your CX-5?

what does this mean:
"0% APR available on approved credit only for very well-qualified customers when financing a new 2020 CX-5 through participating dealers and Mazda Financial Services. Amount of down payment and other factors may affect qualification.
Dealer contribution may vary and could affect price. 60 months at $16.67 per month per $1,000 financed with $0 down at participating dealer.  Loan origination fees may apply. "

Loan origination fees? Is it 0% or not?
It means that the bank has a credit score qualifier for the 0%. At most dealers I've worked, the min is usually 680-720.

Good evening,

I was hoping to get some advice on a Mazda CX-5 Sport.

1) Lowest price seen on the sport?
2) Recommended dealers in north New Jersey area?

Thanks.

2020 CX-5 GTR

June 2020 Mazda Mall of Georgia
MSRP $36,885
Discount -$2,000
Loyalty Incentive -$1,500
Adj. Price $33,385

Arranged 100% by phone and email. Vehicle and paperwork ready to go when we arrived at the dealer... out the door in less than 45 minutes. Not only was this the best deal I could find at the time among the several Mazda dealerships in the metro Atlanta area, but Mazda Mall of Georgia reached out to find us the exact model and color we wanted then had it trucked in from another (out-of-state) dealer 200 miles away. Took three days to get it here, but worth the wait.

Unfortunately lost out on the SG I posted about on here previously while I was waiting on a response regarding the wheels. A local dealer ship is offering 5k off non-turbo CX-5s and just wanted to check that nothing funny is happening.

I reached out to the dealer and for a 2020 AWD Machine Grey CX-5 GT they offered 28,094 + 500 fee + TTL. Good deal? Any wiggle room? I might need to go for the premium package to avoid the parchment interior which is annoying for an additional 1k ish.

Last edited:
Unfortunately lost out on the SG I posted about on here previously while I was waiting on a response regarding the wheels. A local dealer ship is offering 5k off non-turbo CX-5s and just wanted to check that nothing funny is happening.

I reached out to the dealer and for a 2020 Machine Grey CX-5 GT they offered 28,094 + 500 fee + TTL. Good deal? Any wiggle room? I might need to go for the premium package to avoid the parchment interior which is annoying for an additional 1k ish.
Do you mind sharing what dealer is offering $5k off non-Turbo CX5? $5k off is much better then I can find. Best I’ve found is 11% off if you don’t take the 0% offer

Do you mind sharing what dealer is offering $5k off non-Turbo CX5? $5k off is much better then I can find. Best I’ve found is 11% off if you don’t take the 0% offer
Ourisman Rockville of Mazda near DC for a clearance sale. Can't find other local dealers doing anything similar but I'm going to check if thats a price they'd be willing to match

Hey everyone, would like some feedback on my local dealer's offer and my counter offer game plan. I'm looking at a GT FWD in metallic gray.

MSRP: $31,710
Dealer: $30,710
Doc Fee: $599

I'm thinking the doc fee is outrageous and the dealer price should be reasonably flexible, but I want to be sure my offer is within bounds. I want to know if my thinking is sound:

Ask: $28,500 (about 10% off MSRP)
Loyalty and Mazda offers: -$1,250 (should this factor into the asking price or applied after when calculating asking % off MSRP?)
Doc Fee: +$299 (give them something)
Price before Tax/Title: $27,549

Is this a wild/crazy offer out of the gate?

Hey everyone, would like some feedback on my local dealer's offer and my counter offer game plan. I'm looking at a GT FWD in metallic gray.

MSRP: $31,710
Dealer: $30,710
Doc Fee: $599

I'm thinking the doc fee is outrageous and the dealer price should be reasonably flexible, but I want to be sure my offer is within bounds. I want to know if my thinking is sound:

Ask: $28,500 (about 10% off MSRP)
Loyalty and Mazda offers: -$1,250 (should this factor into the asking price or applied after when calculating asking % off MSRP?)
Price before Tax/Title: $27,549

Is this a wild/crazy offer out of the gate?
Document fees vary by states...some states have limits on what dealer’s can charge. Unfortunately I’m in Virginia and document fees at Mazda dealers around here are in the $700-$800 range so I’d be happy with the $599. Check document fees on other dealers in the area and see if it is in normal range.

DOC fee will not change. The only thing to do is negotiate a lower price. It's true when a dealer says the DOC fee is charged to everyone. Most dealers in the same charge within $100 of each other

You can put the numbers anywhere, when calculating the % off MSRP you're looking for everything, including DOC, before TTL.

Regarding "giving them something" and offering $299 for doc, it's not like bargaining at a pawn shop, the DOC is what it is. Yes, it's just add'l profit, but you still can't change it, only negotiate it elsewhere. There might be someone somewhere who says "I was able to get them...." but in reality it's either added on or in the price.

Nice! wondering if this is with 0% financing? I’ve better luck with MD- based dealers vs VA ones.
Nope, they won’t give you the rebates and 0%. Fine print says 0% cant be combined with any other offer. I financed through Apple Federal Credit Union at 2.44% so the rebates turned out to be the best deal. $1,500 dealer rebate and $750 Mazda loyalty because my gf owns a Mazda so $2,250 total rebate.

alao keep in mind MD sales tax on new cars is 6% vs. VA 4.15%

I'm coming to the final month of my lease (Soul Crystal Red 2017 Cx-5 GT with PP) and deciding whether or not to extend the lease a few months until more 2020 inventory comes in to dealerships or to buy out the car with the lease end purchase option. The car is in great shape and only has 13,000 miles on it (first car I leased since beginning my career so I did not have as much time to do road trips). The lease-end purchase price on the contract is $19,500 not including fees. I have been looking at the cars value and it seems that with the low mileage it goes for $22,000-25,000 on used car websites.

Is it smarter to just buy it out (cash) + pay taxes on it since the resale value is going to be relatively similar or even higher? Or just continue the lease and hope that there is more inventory at the end of the year to purchase a 2020/21 car?

I would have wanted to upgrade to a 2020 CX5-GTR or Signature but dealers are not budging on prices with the low inventory in NYC

Buy the car and keep it. If it's worth what you say then basically you still have the money, it's just in the car

Update: After calling/visiting dealerships in the NY area (a few in NJ). I could only get $1500 off MSRP so far. Dealers won't budge on price. 2020 GT w/o PP.

Here is the new ride, so far very happy and loving that Eternal Blue Mica! Thanks for everyone's help!

5795C80B-98D1-4B30-B0BF-F84CF52697E0.jpeg

Back