What did you pay for your CX-5?

Howdy. Trying to get some brownie points with the inlaws....They are in the DC area and want to buy a 2020 Grand Touring Reserve. Reading on here, 10% off the MSRP is an amazing discount? Is that attainable, or 1 can easily do much better. Not sure if they are any other incentives out there that they can get.....ty in advance

I bought a 2019 Volvo last year and I dealt pretty much soley with the general manager and he was very upfront about how the paying off the loan works.... I wanted to buy cash but to get a further discount via an incentive I needed to take out a loan thru Volvo. Yes 1 can pay it off the next day..he asked I keep the loan for 3 months as Volvo can get ticked off with them and hold back their incentive $$$$...didnt say they do..just that they can.....he stated just pay most of it off and then in 3 months pay the rest.... WHAT i should have done was contact volvo ASAP and got the info to set up payment.,....but since I waited for the info to arrive in the mail, interest $$$ had accumulated! I figured they gave me a great price on the car, I can wait the 3 months....

Any help on the mazda cx5 GTR is gladly appreciated. ty

Last edited:
Howdy. Trying to get some brownie points with the inlaws....They are in the DC area and want to buy a 2020 Grand Touring Reserve. Reading on here, 10% off the MSRP is an amazing discount? Is that attainable, or 1 can easily do much better. Not sure if they are any other incentives out there that they can get.....ty in advance

I bought a 2019 Volvo last year and I dealt pretty much soley with the general manager and he was very upfront about how the paying off the loan works....as I wanted to buy cash and to get a further discount via an incentive I needed to take out a loan thru Volvo. Yes 1 can pay it off the next day..he asked I keep the loan for 3 months as Volvo can get ticked off with them and hold back their incentive $$$$...didnt say they do..just that they can.....he stated just pay most of it off and then in 3 months pay the rest.... WHAT i should have done was contact volvo ASAP and got the info to set up payment.,....but since I waited for the info to arrive in the mail, interest $$$ had accumulated! I figured they gave me a great price on the car, I can wait the 3 months....

Any help on the mazda cx5 GTR is gladly appreciated. ty
I recently got 15% off pre-loyalty, 20% off post-loyalty on an AWD Touring, so you can probably do better than 10% unless the GTRs are very scarce.

Also in the same situation re: financing. At the dealer’s suggestion, I paid off all but $100 of the loan immediately and will pay the remainder over several months. Let them keep the comp and you don’t accrue much interest.

I recently got 15% off pre-loyalty, 20% off post-loyalty on an AWD Touring, so you can probably do better than 10% unless the GTRs are very scarce.

Also in the same situation re: financing. At the dealer’s suggestion, I paid off all but $100 of the loan immediately and will pay the remainder over several months. Let them keep the comp and you don’t accrue much interest.

Thank you

I've contacted a few dealers in NY and it seems like there aren't many GTR's in stock here

I’m in NH. Dealer has one other GTR at this time and I think my husband is going to get that one. They do a lot of business for a dealer their size, or so it appears to me. I’m not in the biz. There were a lot of incentives involved in that price.

I’m in NH. Dealer has one other GTR at this time and I think my husband is going to get that one. They do a lot of business for a dealer their size, or so it appears to me. I’m not in the biz. There were a lot of incentives involved in that price.

Any chance you can break down the Prices and incentives? I got quoted by 3 dealers today and no one was giving any extra incentive aside from $1500 loyalty and $500 first responder/health care offer. OTD was $35-38K

Picked up 2020 GTR White, paid $3500 for Registration,Plates, Taxes (NY),Delivery and some other fees. But my monthly is only $400, 399 actually.

People telling me it's a score, usually it's like like $500 with 3500 due at signing.

Oh hi everyone, I am a new one in here.

Picked up 2020 GTR White, paid $3500 for Registration,Plates, Taxes (NY),Delivery and some other fees. But my monthly is only $400, 399 actually.

People telling me it's a score, usually it's like like $500 with 3500 due at signing.

What was your OTD price? Which dealer did you go to?

What was the sale price before tax/fees?

Thanks,

Jack

Hello all.

Looking at buying a GTR or Signature soon. Located in michigan. Trying to read through here but not many people are actually breaking down their sale price. Final price after tax/fees can vary so much by state and monthly payment is essentially useless when trying to break down costs.

I've seen a few mentions of 10% off invoice. Is this realistic? We have a 2017 GT right now so we should qualify for the loyalty incentives.

Thanks.

Jack

Best I’ve been able to do is 10% off MSRP excluding dealer fees and before incentives. Still haven’t pulled the trigger. Even though it is the ‘deal of a lifetime’ given Mazda’s pricing structure, I still like my 16.5 and trade-in values or very low now.

It is tiresome seeing all the posts that ask about deals giving only OTD pricing. Please supply DETAILS people if you want the resident deal-hawks to be able to evaluate your offer. Here’s a screen capture of the google sheet I use. Some dealers actually fill it in for their bids. There’s a zipped file of an xls version in a previous post as well. (Post 6323?)
8511D410-FF8C-41BE-99CA-269564E2871B.png

Last edited:
Just purchased a new 2020 CX-5 Grand Touring this weekend. We were in the market for a new car this year and decided to take the plunge with the 0% financing and $1500 loyalty rebate. I found this forum very useful to gauge pricing so I thought I would contribute our stats.

$32,655MSRP
$29,294Sales Price10.3% off MSRP
$1,186Sales Tax
$55Dealer License Tax
$20Online Systems filing fee
$128Title and Registration Fee
$31,483Total Delivered Price
-$1,500Mazda Loyalty RebateBrings pre Tax and Fee total to 14.9% off MSRP
$29,983Out The Door

Got the Deep Blue Mica with Black interior at 0% financing or 60 months. We are in Northern Virginia.

Best I’ve been able to do is 10% off MSRP excluding dealer fees and before incentives. Still haven’t pulled the trigger. Even though it is the ‘deal of a lifetime’ given Mazda’s pricing structure, I still like my 16.5 and trade-in values or very low now.

It is tiresome seeing all the posts that ask about deals giving only OTD pricing. Please supply DETAILS people if you want the resident deal-hawks to be able to evaluate your offer. Here’s a screen capture of the google sheet I use. Some dealers actually fill it in for their bids. There’s a zipped file of an xls version in a previous post as well. (Post 6323?)
View attachment 224574
Thank you for the information!
I assume one of those incentives is the Loyalty? Could you tell me what the other is?

Thanks

Jack

Thank you for the information!
I assume one of those incentives is the Loyalty? Could you tell me what the other is?

Thanks

Jack
Yes, one is loyalty. The other is $1500 off any new CX-5 purchase (or lease I assume).

Just purchased a new 2020 CX-5 Grand Touring this weekend. We were in the market for a new car this year and decided to take the plunge with the 0% financing and $1500 loyalty rebate. I found this forum very useful to gauge pricing so I thought I would contribute our stats.

$32,655MSRP
$29,294Sales Price10.3% off MSRP
$1,186Sales Tax
$55Dealer License Tax
$20Online Systems filing fee
$128Title and Registration Fee
$31,483Total Delivered Price
-$1,500Mazda Loyalty RebateBrings pre Tax and Fee total to 14.9% off MSRP
$29,983Out The Door

Got the Deep Blue Mica with Black interior at 0% financing or 60 months. We are in Northern Virginia.
Great deal and excellent presentation of the detailed pricing!

Is that a regional incentive? Only thing my local dealers are showing is $1500 loyalty, $500 military, and $500 in addition to the 0.0% for 60mo.

Thanks,

Jack
Probably area-specific. I’m in Denver Metro. Could be statewide.

Just purchased a brand new 2020 CX-5 Touring Deep Crystal Blue mica with
Touring Preferred Equipment package this weekend in Atlanta
MSRP-------------(32,500)
DEALER DISCOUNT---(-5,000)
SALES PRICE -----(27, 500
SALES TAX--------(1,904)
DEALER FEE, TITLE AND REGISTRATION----(750.00)
DELIVERY PRICE----(30,154)
MAZDA LOYALTY-----(-1,500)
OUT THE DOOR------(28,654)

Does anyone have any recent NY / Tri-state prices paid they wouldn't mind sharing? Looking to pull the trigger on a GTR soon and would really appreciate some data points. Thanks!

Does anyone have any recent NY / Tri-state prices paid they wouldn't mind sharing? Looking to pull the trigger on a GTR soon and would really appreciate some data points. Thanks!
I've contacted multiple NY/NJ dealers and they all quoted me at 37-38K OTD after 1500 loyalty offer. They are not willing to go lower than that from my conversations with them since GTR's are apparently selling well in the tri-state and with no production of the cars from factories means that they are not stuck with large inventory.

Latest posts

Back