What did you pay for your CX-5?

I they gave me $1500 more than I owe

Rather than playing 20 questions, please present complete data to get a better response from the other members.

Here’s how I breakdown deals, one sheet per dealer/unit:

Attachments

• 89451F8B-5C2C-433A-B185-7C730ECD7CB5.png
    89451F8B-5C2C-433A-B185-7C730ECD7CB5.png
    49.1 KB · Views: 316
Hello from Colorado. Let me know what you think. Looking at AWD CX-5 touring with preferred package. Talked to just about every dealer here, and the best offer I'm getting is $28,800 (including all dealer fees, but not tax and title). That works out to about 6% off MSRP of $30,705, and 2.6% under dealer invoice for the car (they gave me the invoice). I will finance the car at 0% for 60 months.

Seems like an OK deal, but not a great deal. What do you think? I was thinking 7% to 8% under MSRP would be the target. All thoughts welcome, and I'll come back and post what I pay. Thanks!
I think those of you that think the dealers are not going to deep discount on 2020s are on to something.

Best so far on CX-5 Touring + preferred package = $27,840
CX-5 GT = $30,170

these prices are inclusive or all selling fees, rebates and any other $ paid to deal, excluding tax and title.
Going to work the email and see if I can squeeze a few more $ or get them to throw in roof rails or cargo cover.

I think those of you that think the dealers are not going to deep discount on 2020s are on to something.

Best so far on CX-5 Touring + preferred package = $27,840
CX-5 GT = $30,170

these prices are inclusive or all selling fees, rebates and any other $ paid to deal, excluding tax and title.
Going to work the email and see if I can squeeze a few more $ or get them to throw in roof rails or cargo cover.

The dealers are hungry right now.
I was offered 10% off a GT-R. (See above)
Several others wouldn’t go more than 8%. That was before rebates of $3k including loyalty. Not sure if I’ll bite - my 16.5 GT is covered for 5.5 years with extended warranty and new 80k mile Conti True Contacts, not to mention Blizzaks with only 10k miles. I’d like a turbo, but it’s a want, not a need. Got a few days to decide.

Several others wouldn’t go more than 8%. That was before rebates of $3k including loyalty. Not sure if I’ll bite - my 16.5 GT is covered for 5.5 years with extended warranty and new 80k mile Conti True Contacts, not to mention Blizzaks with only 10k miles. I’d like a turbo, but it’s a want, not a need. Got a few days to decide.
I'm adding the selling fee to the discounted price, so looks like you are at 8.75% off MSRP.

What dealer are you working with?

I'm adding the selling fee to the discounted price, so looks like you are at 8.75% off MSRP.

FWIW, All Denver dealers except Schomp charge a D&H of $599 or $699. It is non-negotiable. Schomp is a “one price” Dealer and doesn’t negotiate. You can see their price online.

Sent that info to you last Tuesday via direct message.
You did! Thanks, did not notice the indicator.
FWIW, All Denver dealers except Schomp charge a D&H of $599 or $699. It is non-negotiable. Schomp is a “one price” Dealer and doesn’t negotiate. You can see their price online.
Yes, I was done w Schomp the first weekend. And they've already put a clear bra on. Also went to their Subaru place, what a disaster.

I just add all fees to the selling price to compare (i.e., everything paid to the dealer-whatever they call their ADP). I like a guy at Spradley? in FtCo, he also gives you a copy of the dealers invoice without asking. but that's farther than I want to deal with.

My wife's car was totalled with 6 month old X-Ices. Only one survived. That's a bummer!

I bought a GTR from Schoomp a year ago and they were priced lower than McDonalds or any other around here, even going through Consumers Report and Costco, though only by about $25. on one bid. When I went in for the paper signing i had found that they were doing a $500. discount from the Auto Show that I found online and they did honor that. At the time McDonalds had only 2 GTR;s and Schoomp had over a dozen so they had the exact color and interior combo I was looking for.

an interesting video about the current state of prices across the industry
and

tldr; there are savings to be had.

Last edited:
Hey guys. Brand new member here. Getting ready to purchase a CX-5 for my wife and I (will mainly be my wife's car as I have my 2004 wrx). Anyway, I can't decide between the FWD GT+ Premium package or the GTR.

Local dealership that gave me the best offers are as follows (Prices are OTD)

The state tax in my area is 9.5% just FYI

White CX-5 GT+ PP (FWD) with cargo cover- $33,900
White CX-5 GTR- $37,500

Again, those prices are OTD. Feel free to chime in on your opinions on the offers or your opinion on if the AWD + turbo is worth the extra money. I have driven both and obviously the turbo model is much preferred. Ultimately it will be my wife's car but I would be the one driving it on weekends and whatnot when were not working. My wife doesn't care as to whether we get the turbo model or not and she trusts my opinion and choice since I am avid car enthusiast haha.

Thanks!

Hey guys. Brand new member here. Getting ready to purchase a CX-5 for my wife and I (will mainly be my wife's car as I have my 2004 wrx). Anyway, I can't decide between the FWD GT+ Premium package or the GTR.

Local dealership that gave me the best offers are as follows (Prices are OTD)

The state tax in my area is 9.5% just FYI

White CX-5 GT+ PP (FWD) with cargo cover- $33,900
White CX-5 GTR- $37,500

Again, those prices are OTD. Feel free to chime in on your opinions on the offers or your opinion on if the AWD + turbo is worth the extra money. I have driven both and obviously the turbo model is much preferred. Ultimately it will be my wife's car but I would be the one driving it on weekends and whatnot when were not working. My wife doesn't care as to whether we get the turbo model or not and she trusts my opinion and choice since I am avid car enthusiast haha.

Thanks!
Payment difference is about $60/month.

To me it would partly depend on my driving conditions.

I have a Reserve and live in a very rural area. There is no traffic here. I drive 15+ miles to my bank and encounter 2 stop signs (one at either end) and 0 traffic lights or traffic on the trip. Minimum speed limits in my county are 45 MPH (and plenty of Speed Limit Ends roads), so you're always going highway speeds. Plus I'm sometimes passing trucks on 2 lane 55 MPH rural roads.

I moved here from just outside of DC. It was so congested there you went 15 MPH in little spurts...35 MPH was really flying!. You only got relief from the congestion between 2AM and 3 AM. This includes weekends. I've often commented that if I still lived there, I would have purchased a GT...a turbo would be a complete waste of money.

So if you're in an area where you will get utility from a turbo, and that $60/month won't dent your budget, I'd absolutely go with the turbo. You've driven it. You understand what I mean ;)

Payment difference is about $60/month.

To me it would partly depend on my driving conditions.

I have a Reserve and live in a very rural area. There is no traffic here. I drive 15+ miles to my bank and encounter 2 stop signs (one at either end) and 0 traffic lights or traffic on the trip. Minimum speed limits in my county are 45 MPH (and plenty of Speed Limit Ends roads), so you're always going highway speeds. Plus I'm sometimes passing trucks on 2 lane 55 MPH rural roads.

I moved here from just outside of DC. It was so congested there you went 15 MPH in little spurts...35 MPH was really flying!. You only got relief from the congestion between 2AM and 3 AM. This includes weekends. I've often commented that if I still lived there, I would have purchased a GT...a turbo would be a complete waste of money.

So if you're in an area where you will get utility from a turbo, and that $60/month won't dent your budget, I'd absolutely go with the turbo. You've driven it. You understand what I mean ;)

Thanks for you input. I do see what you mean. We live in Los Angeles so your DC scenario compares to ours.

Thanks for you input. I do see what you mean. We live in Los Angeles so your DC scenario compares to ours.
Either way, they are such very nice cars.

I started looking in 2018 and was ready to pull the trigger on a GT with PP, then other life stuff came up that caused me to put things on hold until early 2019 (first year for the turbo in the CX-5.)

Had I purchased the GT in 2018, I would be perfectly happy with it. Once you get behind the wheel of the CX-5, it's tough to consider anything else. The turbo vs NA decision is kinda picking at the fringes.

In case you weren't told, you need the NAV card in order to get the Traffic Sign Recognition function on the Active Driving Display. The card only comes standard on the Signature. $500 from the dealer, $49 on Ebay. Lots of folks here got theirs on Ebay, everyone's been satisfied with it.

I got an email from the dealer in ABQ I bought my cx5 from (University).
They have a new 2019 CX5 sport for $23,123 and a Cx3 for $18k.

Either way, they are such very nice cars.

I started looking in 2018 and was ready to pull the trigger on a GT with PP, then other life stuff came up that caused me to put things on hold until early 2019 (first year for the turbo in the CX-5.)

Had I purchased the GT in 2018, I would be perfectly happy with it. Once you get behind the wheel of the CX-5, it's tough to consider anything else. The turbo vs NA decision is kinda picking at the fringes.

In case you weren't told, you need the NAV card in order to get the Traffic Sign Recognition function on the Active Driving Display. The card only comes standard on the Signature. $500 from the dealer, $49 on Ebay. Lots of folks here got theirs on Ebay, everyone's been satisfied with it.

Glad you were able to get the turbo, hope it a slight silver lining for having to put off your purchase for a year.

Thanks for the heads up on the NAV card. I did not know anything about it whatsoever. I just ordered mine on ebay in anticipation. Says free returns in case it doesn't work out!

Much appreciated!

Back