What did you pay for your CX-5?

Been lurking around in past months since decided to go with CX-5 and finally getting close to deal tonight. Thanks everyone in this forum to share useful information and I've been working with 4 dealers at a time to get this best offer. Here is the offer i got(Nor cal bay area):

White CX-5 signature with roof rails installed.

MSRP: $38855
Sales price: $34902(10% off MSRP)
Tax: $3236(9% sales tax)
Registration/Doc fees: $589
Special financing: 0.9APR

Test drove it and fell in love immediately with it. Feels better handling and strong acceleration than my G37. the first new car and also birthday gift for myself. Hope everyone enjoy this little beast:devilish:.
PS: A set of TE37 on the way!

Edit: OTD price: 39400.

Last edited:
Hey, this is my first post and I'm looking to get a great deal on 2020 CX-5 Soul Red color FWD Touring with Preferred Equipment . I've contacted multiple dealerships via phone and internet here in Dallas, the latest offer received is for $29,300 out the door price @ 0.9% APR. Has anyone else paid much lesser than this quote? if so, what's the price I should be negotiating with the dealer.

Have been in the market for a CX-5 for a while and think that I'm finally about to pull the trigger. Certified used '19 CX-5 GT in Soul Red (non-PP and sub 10k miles) for $25,500. Seems like a solid deal considering the best price I've been able to get on a new '20 CX-5 GT is around $30,000. Is this a decent deal? I'm having trouble getting them to budge on price and since it's pre-owned, I feel like it's tough to find a comparable vehicle for leverage. I wonder if this virus is causing less people to buy and they'll be a little more desperate at the end of the month.....

Have been in the market for a CX-5 for a while and think that I'm finally about to pull the trigger. Certified used '19 CX-5 GT in Soul Red (non-PP and sub 10k miles) for $25,500. Seems like a solid deal considering the best price I've been able to get on a new '20 CX-5 GT is around $30,000. Is this a decent deal? I'm having trouble getting them to budge on price and since it's pre-owned, I feel like it's tough to find a comparable vehicle for leverage. I wonder if this virus is causing less people to buy and they'll be a little more desperate at the end of the month.....

Thats a pretty decent price. If you like it buy it, you certainly wouldnt be overpaying.

I purchased a 2019 GT AWD w13k miles in January....they listed it at 25,900 initally which I haggled some off.

Thanks for the input! Follow up question, how did you haggle it down? I feel like I have no leverage because with new cares you can shopt, but with the CPOs it just kind of varies. Did you just offer like 25k and say take it or leave it? Thanks!

Thanks for the input! Follow up question, how did you haggle it down? I feel like I have no leverage because with new cares you can shopt, but with the CPOs it just kind of varies. Did you just offer like 25k and say take it or leave it? Thanks!

I was trading in a 2016 Jeep Renegade and got the dealer to raise the trade 1k in value. I ended up handing a check for 14k plus my trade in, which was exactly where I wanted to be. (couldn't wait to dump the Renegade as it was just a terrible highway CUV)

In regards to your purchase, I would deffinaity try to knock off 1k. They have a couple grand in profit baked into their initial selling price. Shoot an off of 24.5 plus taxes and fees.
Or just get their OTD price and haggle for 1k off (they may drop the dealer fees or their asking price. )
If they dont budge at all, tell them the you have a budget to stay within and will have to walk away. Either the dealer will come back with a better offer or tell you they can't do anything on price. Always be prepared to walk.

The VIN will only show Model: CX5. It does not break down the trim.
I'm a little late to this party.

This VIN Decoder that CX-5 driver listed:
lists the trim and way more specs that you'll find on Mazda's website. Seems to be a great resource for getting lots of specs for your car.

It was the middle one he listed.

The first one does not list trim for my VIN. Pretty scant on any details.
The last one lists the trim, but many of the specs have N/A by them.

Looks like Mazda upped owner loyalty to $1500 through the end of March.
All the dealers in PA are under statewide sales shutdown. Only open for parts & service.

I have a dilemma and hope the wonderful people here can weigh in.

I'm weighing between two CX-5's.

USED 2019 GT (w/PP) in soul red with ~5k miles with an MSRP of $25,500.

NEW 2020 GT (w/o PP) in soul red with an MSRP of $28,000 (but I think I might be able to get it a little bit lower, possibly $27,500 or $27,000 if i'm lucky).

Pros of USED: awesome deal it seems like for a GT with a PP.

Cons of USED: Financing options aren't as good and probably can get 3.9% at best. I can pay for it in cash, but would feel a little better financing given the state of the world today. Over the life of a 60 month loan, I'll pay about $2200 in interest. Also, might be stupid, but the interior of the car is really dirty for some reason. There are scratches on some of the plastic, which makes me think that someone didn't take care of it very well considering the low mileage.

Pros of NEW: it's new, so i don't have that worry about anyone having driven it into the ground. Can secure 0.9 % financing (possibly 0% financing). Over the life of the loan, I'll pay about $500 in interest at 0.9%.

Cons of NEW: no PP.

At this point, I'm leaning towards the new just for my own peace of mind since, after interest, these vehicles are probably identically priced.

Curious what people thought. As a side note, how difficult is it to get an aftermarket HUD?

Gracias.

That's a good deal on that 2020. It lists for $32,000 if it's FWD...$33,400 for AWD.

I assume they're both FWD.

That's such a tough call. You're essentially paying the same price after interest, except that the more you put down, the narrower the total cost spread.

What are the circumstances of the 2019? Was it a trade-in on a 2020? Was it a loan default?

Another way of looking at it is that you're exchanging 5,000 miles on the car for a $1,600 package if you go used. But the 2020 comes with paddle shifters.

I have a 2019 Reserve. I really, really, really like the HUD. It's what differentiated the CX-5 from all others, in my mind.

I would go back and drive both. See how you feel about the HUD, and imagine how you'll feel a few years from now with the decision you've made and either car will have xx miles on it. Are you gonna care that you have 50,000 miles on it versus 55,000 miles on it when you've got the HUD? Or are paddle shifters important to you?

My slight leanings are to go with the 2019 for that reason.

Thank you for the insight! Very helpful. They are being super shifty about telling me, which makes me really annoyed. Since the inside was so dirty, I feel like they're trying to hide something, which is making me really lean towards the 2020. I think at this point I'm trying to just negotiate for a 2020 with the HUD. I test drove it and it is freakin awesome. I think I'd really regret not having it moving forward. Trying to get some place to offer $28,000 for a GT with PP. Hopefully someone is willing to bite!

They are being super shifty about telling me, which makes me really annoyed. Since the inside was so dirty, I feel like they're trying to hide something, which is making me really lean towards the 2020.

So the dealer won't be honest, they didn't clean the car, and after only 5,000 miles it's that dirty inside???

Run, Forrest, run!!! Don't look back!!!

I assume you're looking FWD and not 4WD?

According to Mazda's Build & Price website:
-The base list price of the 2020 GT FWD is $30,310
-Soul Red Crystal Metallic is $595
-PP package is $1,625

Total MSRP is $33,630

I spoke with my service manager today. He has 2 techs and no customers. Has them doing "busy work" to keep them employed. The Customer Lounge is quarantined. So it's a good time to negotiate.

I don't know if you've read many posts here, but starting in 2020 the NAV card is only included in the Signature trim. All others pay an extra $500. It is required for the NAV system as well as for Traffic Sign Recognition. Without it your HUD will have Speed Limit, Cruise Control Info, Lane Departure Warning Icon, and the icon that tells you when you're following too closely (part of Smart Braking System?) Lots of folks here have purchased a card off of EBay for under $50 and had it successfully register with their car for free updates. I'm unaware of anyone not having success with a card bought that way.

Good luck! I'm probably a bad influence on people. I buy a new car every 15 years, and always up-sell myself on features. I purchased a Reserve, but as I've often said, if I still lived in the Washington DC area and its attendant traffic, I would not have wasted the money. My dealer here in rural Central Virginia told me that the GT trim is by far their best selling one. It punches all the right buttons without the cost of the turbo.

Last edited:
2020 Deep Blue GT with PP

MSRP 34,435
Sales Price 30,861
+Doc Fee 799
= 31,660

Didn't even negotiate. This was offered to me and I thought it was more than fair.

Last edited:
2020 Deep Blue GT with PP

MSRP 34,435
Sales Price 30,861
+Doc Fee 599
= 31,460

Didn't even negotiate. This was offered to me and I thought it was more than fair.
Was that off-the-lot or did you order it?

Back