What did you pay for your CX-5?

Total MSRP:$32,890
Quoting: $27,888 + TTL (assuming 12%)

Based on my formula.... :)
$30222 + $0 (color) + $1045 (destination) = $31267
-$1000 cash back = $30267
-$750 loyalty (assume you do) = $29517
-2% ($600) => $28917

$27888 is an extremely good price... unless there is a mistake somewhere... ???

your formula is a little off with current selling prices. I just purchased a gray Reserve(MSRP $36,215) for $33,099 with no incentives or rebates(I took the .9%)

C812B270-135F-4C0C-8159-9B719E263CCA.jpeg

Making our purchase today of a signature in soul red. Nearly 12% off msrp (excluding dealer fee), includes 750 loyalty (we have a Miata). They are throwing in a full set of weather tech mats as well.

This seems about as good as I can get from reading above? Hopefully the attachment displays showing the details.

Getting PPF first thing on the front clip, then adding some oem accessories. Tried to get the dealer to sell my these at cost, but they wouldnt. Probably just order everything from mazdaswag?

View attachment 221175

Making our purchase today of a signature in soul red. Nearly 12% off msrp (excluding dealer fee), includes 750 loyalty (we have a Miata). They are throwing in a full set of weather tech mats as well.

This seems about as good as I can get from reading above? Hopefully the attachment displays showing the details.

Getting PPF first thing on the front clip, then adding some oem accessories. Tried to get the dealer to sell my these at cost, but they wouldnt. Probably just order everything from mazdaswag?
Selling price is really good. Just playing devil's advocate here but are you getting a good value for your trade-in, as well?

Dealers can low ball a trade-in and use that by discounting other areas of the deal. Like offering you $2k less than they would pay for your trade-in and putting some of that profit back into discounting the sale price. Maybe push them for another $500 or more to seal the deal?

If you are happy with the trade value, then this is great! If you get the PPF let me know how you like it!

Thanks LakewoodTuk.

The trader is the same as 2 other dealers gave us, to the penny. Would sell it myself, but it*s always such a pita. I*m sure there might be a few more $$ on the table, and trade in value seems to be region specific too, as in the north where Subaru awd seems to be loved, I*m told the car would fetch 20k.....but 16,100 seems the best locally with almost 60k miles.

I*ll post back once the same goes through, assuming the finance office does frustrate me to the point I walk ;)

your formula is a little off with current selling prices. I just purchased a gray Reserve(MSRP $36,215) for $33,099 with no incentives or rebates(I took the .9%)

Save your breath, some of us know what*s up, some will never get it...

Congrats again, and continue to enjoy your new whip...

My formula applies to cash purchase.
Financing makes it much more complicated.

Picked up a 2019 grand touring reserve yesterday 37.5k OTD. MSRP with appearance package and window etching was 36,985.00

0.9apr and they took in and paid off the lease payments on my 201 cx5 sport(6 months at $257)

Wayne Mazda in NJ.

Picked up a 2019 grand touring reserve yesterday 37.5k OTD. MSRP with appearance package and window etching was 36,985.00

0.9apr and they took in and paid off the lease payments on my 201 cx5 sport(6 months at $257)

Wayne Mazda in NJ.

Congrats on the new ride! Any penalty with the early lease turn-in or did they buy the lease out? I was debating on doing something similar but ended up keeping my lease (only had 2 more payments). When I called Chase they said I'd be penalized for turning it in more than 30 days before lease maturity.

Nice price OTD price considering the lease in the mix! What color did you go with?

Wayne Mazda in NJ.
OTD? What was the sale price?

I don*t really see destination charge in most of these breakdowns here? Are they being included in msrp of car? I know they are not from Mazda.

Wayne Mazda in NJ.

$37,500 OTD? Dude, I'm aiming for $34000 OTD (plan to register the new CX-5 GT-R in MD - 6% tax). Do I have to cough out more or is $34000 OTD still unrealistic? AirCon05 was kind enough to weigh in that I may have a chance with $34000 OTD. Btw, I have no trade-in or current lease with Mazda. What do you all think?

I don*t really see destination charge in most of these breakdowns here? Are they being included in msrp of car? I know they are not from Mazda.

They're include in the final MSRP from Mazda, straight from their website...

Total MSRP includes $1,045 destination charge (Alaska $1,090) and additional costs for selected packages, options or accessories. Excludes tax, title and license fees. Vehicle shown may not display selected options. Actual dealer price will vary.

Last edited:
Back