What did you pay for your CX-5?

So check out this site to find dealer inventory, their website will show their MSRP - with a link to their Window Sticker showing any factory installed options like floor mats/cargo cover/roof rails. Keep in mind they will add the obligatory DOC fee as well as overpriced/useless paint shield, security VIN etching, fabric sheild, etc. I ignore all that and work only with the mfg window sticker, YMMV.

Then what I do is contact dealer 'request a quote' thing on the wensite, without a phone number, just my email - once they repIy, I now have a return email address for them. When I know what I am ready, really ready, to pay now, I email them that offer saying "I am ready to come in tomorrow morning and pay $XX,XXX. If you can do that, great. If not, I respect your position but will have to give it further thought. Thank you." I have found this to be a non-confrontational way to basically say 'take-it-or-leave-it" without being rude. This number should include EVERYTHING before Tax/Title/License of other fees that go to the gov't or MVD - not to them.

Email/texting avoids the 'now your in the store and they beat you up until you cry uncle'. Once we're on the same page I have never had a dealer reneg on the price agreed upon in the emails.

What link you referring to? Thanks

So I have been looking at a Soul red AWD touring. I visited 2 dealerships in NE Ohio today, and neither one would budge on MSRP $30150. I ended up walking out at both places. They both said Mazda doesn't really negotiate prices, which I find impossible to believe. Anyways, I will keep plugging away, but if anyone has any thoughts or suggestions on how to get a better deal than MSRP, it would be helpful. I've never ever had this happen at a car dealership, let alone 2 in one day.
great to see we are in Ohio. i just went to Mazda of Bedford to have a look on CX5 too
i was surprised when they did not offer any % of MSRP.
what dealers did you come ?
hope you can have a good deal and share us info

Got a quote from a dealership north of LA for a Carbon Edition AWD Turbo of 37,550 OTD.

MSRP is 33,535.
TTL is about 2,880.
So their price is around $600 over MSRP.

Think this is a fair price in our current climate?

sm1ke

Work In Progress..
Contributor
:
Canada
:
'18 CX-9 Signature
Paying more than MSRP on any item is never, ever a "fair" price.

But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

I agree with @theblooms. I wouldn't consider it fair, especially for a mainstream car like the CX-5. It's not like you're buying a special Limited Edition car.

To make things easier for yourself and for others reading the thread, it's best to state MSRP before TTL and use that figure to compare. Leave the TTL out of the equation because it should always be the same, and also because someone else's sales taxes/fees may be different based on location.

All that said, if you're willing to travel, consider including other dealerships in your search. Most of the time, a dealership with more inventory is more likely to be open to negotiation.

Guys I have another offer for 2021 GTR white pearl with accessories:

Rear Bumper Guard (black plastic)
$125 MSRP
Cargo Mat
$100 MSRP
Roof Rack Side Rails
$400 MSRP
Retractable Cargo Cover
$250 MSRP

Truecar cash price: $35,563
Sales tax: $3111.77
Government Fees: $650.91
Total: $39,325.68 OTD

I live in SF Bay Area in Cali but buying it in East Bay so is this ok deal? Btw not sire how they got 8.75% tax and gov fees lol.

Guys I have another offer for 2021 GTR white pearl with accessories:

Rear Bumper Guard (black plastic)
$125 MSRP
Cargo Mat
$100 MSRP
Roof Rack Side Rails
$400 MSRP
Retractable Cargo Cover
$250 MSRP

Truecar cash price: $35,563
Sales tax: $3111.77
Government Fees: $650.91
Total: $39,325.68 OTD

I live in SF Bay Area in Cali but buying it in East Bay so is this ok deal? Btw not sire how they got 8.75% tax and gov fees lol.
Not enough data to make any statements. What's the MSRP on this one? It has $875 in accessories. None of them are junk fees but do you need all of them?

Spoke to a dealer nearby to me about a Carbon Edition AWD Turbo but he wouldn't come down from MSRP.

Found another dealer about 2 hours away who offered 1k off MSRP.

Took that quote back to Dealer 1 who said "I guess they don't have buyers all the way out there but we do here." Still not budging.

I'm astonished tbh.

Spoke to a dealer nearby to me about a Carbon Edition AWD Turbo but he wouldn't come down from MSRP.

Found another dealer about 2 hours away who offered 1k off MSRP.

Took that quote back to Dealer 1 who said "I guess they don't have buyers all the way out there but we do here." Still not budging.

I'm astonished tbh.
It's the new normal for a while. Some dealers in some areas are still offering good discounts. There is a Mazda dealer in my area that is sitting on 37 new cars (only 12 of them are CX-5). They would have laughed at me if asked them about a discount.

Not enough data to make any statements. What's the MSRP on this one? It has $875 in accessories. None of them are junk fees but do you need all of them?
MSRP $ 37,655 (accessories included) but doubt that he can take off one or two accessories. There was another exact GTR a few days ago but that ones gone already.

azcx5

2021 GT-R SRCM with Parchment
My next door neighbor is a salesman at the Mazda dealer here in Prescott. He couldn't come close to the price I paid in the valley for our GT-R (14% off MSRP). He told me the other day that now they can not sell for less than MSRP due to rapidly shrinking inventory. Looking at the Web site for the dealer I purchased from shows a lot fewer CX-5s than when we bought in late April. Now isn't the best time to buy a new CX-5.

great to see we are in Ohio. i just went to Mazda of Bedford to have a look on CX5 too
i was surprised when they did not offer any % of MSRP.
what dealers did you come ?
hope you can have a good deal and share us info
I went to Classic Westside and Brunswick. Also checked in with Mike Bass, and they are standing pat at MSRP as well. I'll update if anything changes, but I can wait awhile.