What did you pay for your CX-5?

:
Phoenix
:
2020 CX5 signature
cz5gt - are you suggesting that I should seek a dealer discount of $2,100-2,800 (7-9% of the $30,955 price) before the $500 Cash incentive? This is what I understand:
I would say set your target price/discount and not conentrate on where the discount came from. So rather than 8% off MSRP , then the $500 cash off, just figure in the total off MSRP that you want to pay then let the dealer figure out how to massage the numbers to get to you 'done deal' price. I don't care if he discounts the car $$2,500 and gives me another $500 off, or if he gives me a $3,000 discount with no customer cash.
 
I would say set your target price/discount and not conentrate on where the discount came from. So rather than 8% off MSRP , then the $500 cash off, just figure in the total off MSRP that you want to pay then let the dealer figure out how to massage the numbers to get to you 'done deal' price. I don't care if he discounts the car $$2,500 and gives me another $500 off, or if he gives me a $3,000 discount with no customer cash.
Do you think getting a Carbon Edition Turbo AWD down to around 30K or even under is a possibility? These cars seem somewhat hard to find in my area at the moment and the dealers are just not budging on their prices saying, "there just isn't any room to discount on these new cars"
 
I bought a 2021 CX-5 Grand Touring with the Premium Package and Snowflake White Pearl Paint for $30,380 out-the -door. The MSRP was $33,580. There was no trade-in and paid cash. This was at a Mazda dealer in St. Louis on 1-29-21. No haggling over price. I might have gotten a better deal if I was a better negotiator. The $30,380 price I paid did not include taxes, nor did it include title and plate transfer fees. The price did include a $200 dealer fee and $5 fee for a temporary license plate.
 

sraghava

2021 CX-5 Sig
I bought a 2021 CX-5 Grand Touring with the Premium Package and Snowflake White Pearl Paint for $30,380 out-the -door. The MSRP was $33,580. There was no trade-in and paid cash. This was at a Mazda dealer in St. Louis on 1-29-21. No haggling over price. I might have gotten a better deal if I was a better negotiator. The $30,380 price I paid did not include taxes, nor did it include title and plate transfer fees. The price did include a $200 dealer fee and $5 fee for a temporary license plate.
@P-51 Lover Was that from Bommarito Mazda since I have been negotiating with them?
 
@P-51 Lover Was that from Bommarito Mazda since I have been negotiating with them?
I bought the CX-5 at Lou Fusz Mazda, 925 N. Lindbergh not far from the airport. If you shop there, ask for Moe Daoud (our salesman). Mention that I (Jim Hartwig) referred you to them and they’ll give me a $100 referral fee. Moe and his sales manager, John Napoli, were very nice, knowledgeable, and applied no pressure to add options I didn’t want. Couldn’t be more pleased. Even got a full tank of gas w/o asking. Good luck. This was my 1st new car since my 1972 Chevy Vega GT.
 

sraghava

2021 CX-5 Sig
Thank You
I bought the CX-5 at Lou Fusz Mazda, 925 N. Lindbergh not far from the airport. If you shop there, ask for Moe Daoud (our salesman). Mention that I (Jim Hartwig) referred you to them and they’ll give me a $100 referral fee. Moe and his sales manager, John Napoli, were very nice, knowledgeable, and applied no pressure to add options I didn’t want. Couldn’t be more pleased. Even got a full tank of gas w/o asking. Good luck. This was my 1st new car since my 1972 Chevy Vega GT.
 
I never thought the Vega was that reliable. Did you trade it in on the CX-5? ;)
Oh heavens no. My Vega gave up the ghost about 1978 after 88,000 miles, two engines, and two transmissions. Plus, the front fenders were so rusty, you could see the road from the driver‘s seat when the passenger side knee air vent was open. I washed and waxed it up till the day I got rid of it. I owned two 1966 Corvettes at the time I had the Vega. Even though the Vega only had 100+/- hp, and would only run 93 mph wide open, I probably had more fun in it than the Corvettes. I gave the Vega hell, drove it hard, but it proved to be super reliable and almost bullet proof. I broke the transmission in it due to a missed speed shift, and the motors all went bad due to poor GM engineering. GM extended the warranty on the Vega engines, so I got one, but it went bad too. As hard as I was on the Vega, I never had to replace the clutch. No wrecks in it either.
 

sraghava

2021 CX-5 Sig
I bought the CX-5 at Lou Fusz Mazda, 925 N. Lindbergh not far from the airport. If you shop there, ask for Moe Daoud (our salesman). Mention that I (Jim Hartwig) referred you to them and they’ll give me a $100 referral fee. Moe and his sales manager, John Napoli, were very nice, knowledgeable, and applied no pressure to add options I didn’t want. Couldn’t be more pleased. Even got a full tank of gas w/o asking. Good luck. This was my 1st new car since my 1972 Chevy Vega GT.
I just spoke to Moe. Seems to be a nice guy and reasonable. I gave your referral. Now the negotiation begins.
 
I just spoke to Moe. Seems to be a nice guy and reasonable. I gave your referral. Now the negotiation begins.
Keep me posted on the results. There might be more shoppers out there now than when we bought ours. I’m sure the weather has an effect on the deals they are willing to make. It was cold and snowy out when we bought ours. Thanks for the referral.
 
:
Phoenix
:
2020 CX5 signature
I bought a 2021 CX-5 Grand Touring with the Premium Package and Snowflake White Pearl Paint for $30,380 out-the -door. The MSRP was $33,580. There was no trade-in and paid cash. This was at a Mazda dealer in St. Louis on 1-29-21. No haggling over price. I might have gotten a better deal if I was a better negotiator. The $30,380 price I paid did not include taxes, nor did it include title and plate transfer fees. The price did include a $200 dealer fee and $5 fee for a temporary license plate.
These 2 things ARE mutually exclusive. Which was it? OTD means the total you pay/bottom line on sales agreement, to drive the car Out The Door. This only confuses others. If you had to pay tax, title and license then I expect that your OTD price was closer to $33,000 "OTD" assuming 8% sales tax
 
These 2 things ARE mutually exclusive. Which was it? OTD means the total you pay/bottom line on sales agreement, to drive the car Out The Door. This only confuses others. If you had to pay tax, title and license then I expect that your OTD price was closer to $33,000 "OTD" assuming 8% sales tax
I live in Illinois. The dealership is in St. Louis, Missouri. You pay state sales tax, title & license transfer fees in the state in which you reside. For me those Illinois taxes and fees amounted to $2,073 on top of the $30,380 I paid to drive the car off the lot. So, yes, my out the door cost was $30,380, but then I got hit with another $2,073 when I got the car home. I’m still awaiting another 3.50% local sales tax bill that I expect I’ll soon be receiving. Illinois is a high tax state. Don’t move here.

I apologize for the confusion.
 

sraghava

2021 CX-5 Sig
I live in Illinois. The dealership is in St. Louis, Missouri. You pay state sales tax, title & license transfer fees in the state in which you reside. For me those Illinois taxes and fees amounted to $2,073 on top of the $30,380 I paid to drive the car off the lot. So, yes, my out the door cost was $30,380, but then I got hit with another $2,073 when I got the car home. I’m still awaiting another 3.50% local sales tax bill that I expect I’ll soon be receiving. Illinois is a high tax state. Don’t move here.

I apologize for the confusion.
Then you should not think of relocating to Tennessee. You will be hit with a 7.25% sales tax. Local sales tax is higher than that.
 
Try 9.21% in Overland Park, Kansas. That's what I'm dealing with right now.

Sadly, Springfield, IL has Overland Park, KS beat. Illinois sales tax is 6.25% plus the city of Springfield tacks on another 3.50%, for a total of 9.75%. The question is - Will the city of Springfield catch up with my out of state automobile purchase and send me a bill for $1,063? The folks at the Illinois Secretary of State where I paid the state tax and title/plate transfer fees swore that they do not notify local taxing bodies of out of state car sales. Ya right!
 
Sadly, Springfield, IL has Overland Park, KS beat. Illinois sales tax is 6.25% plus the city of Springfield tacks on another 3.50%, for a total of 9.75%. The question is - Will the city of Springfield catch up with my out of state automobile purchase and send me a bill for $1,063? The folks at the Illinois Secretary of State where I paid the state tax and title/plate transfer fees swore that they do not notify local taxing bodies of out of state car sales. Ya right!
Oof. My favorite is buying the vehicle with the 9.21% sales tax, then within 60 days having to go to the Kansas state DMV to pay property taxes on it. Just another 300+ dollars to add to the bill. Like getting a swift kick to the nuts.
 
I paid 34K for a 2021 Mazda CX5 Signature.
Congrats Bloodshots! What was the MSRP of your Signature? Did it include any accessories like roof rails, all weather mats and wheel locks? Also, is that price inclusive of any loyalty or cash rebate without financing incentive?
 
Last edited: