What did you pay for your CX-5?

I am trying to get a price on a 2021 CX-5 GT AWD with Premium Package, white with a parchment interior. One of the two Mazda dealerships here in Albuquerque has it in stock. The list price with transportation, cargo mat, rear bumper guard, & roof rack side rails is $35605.00. They printed their invoice which has $34020.00 as their cost. I am a C****o member and asked for the C****o price. I was told it is $34667.00 if I financed it thru Mazda for 0.9% and $33667.00 if I paid cash. The financed price works out to a $938.00 discount or 2.63% discount. This seems really low for a C****o discount. I bought a 2016 Subaru for about 10% off and got great financing thru C****o in the past. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get a better price? I am willing to travel up to 500 miles to get a good price.

I've never found Costco pricing to be the best. A lot of people go in and it's like "oh, they're selling me a $35,000 car for $34,000, great" They just assume it's a good deal. Take that offer to another dealer and see what they say

I've never found Costco pricing to be the best. A lot of people go in and it's like "oh, they're selling me a $35,000 car for $34,000, great" They just assume it's a good deal. Take that offer to another dealer and see what they say
Yeah, I got a way better price haggling on my own. The dealer that honors the Costco price I dealt with couldn't or wouldn't go any lower than the Costco price. I gave him my price to match & never heard back from him.

2021 Signature White, no accessories
-MSRP 38,505
-Sell Price 35,395 less 750 loyalty = 34,645
-0.9% financing used
-price is exclusive of dealer processing, taxes, tags, license, etc.
-timed to complete purchase just before month end
Lowest price of 7 dealers using a lowest price wins email solicitation and several follow-up calls to equalize the bids. Lots of game playing going on which usually resulted in higher pricing than the email offers.

The selling dealer, who was surprisingly straightforward and gave the lowest legitimate price. Two other dealers seemed to play straight also, but did not discount much the loyalty discount, so lost our business. It may have been a coincidence, but the selling dealer sales associate, sales manager and finance manager were all women, and a pleasure to deal with.

I got two quotes:

2020 GT AWD w/ PP Machine Gray (includes roof rack, wheel lock, all weather mats)
$34,735 MSRP
$32,000 before TTL
32000 - 3000(trade in) + TTL = $30,112.52
0% Financing

2021 GT AWD w PP Machine Gray would be +$2,000 OTD
$35,080 MSRP
0.9% Financing

Are these good deals? Looking in Maryland btw.

Last edited:
Nope. See above CX5 Signature for 34.6k vs your quote for GT 32k.
They also probably got your trade in to compensate whatever small discount they are giving.

2021 Signature White, no accessories
-MSRP 38,505
-Sell Price 35,395 less 750 loyalty = 34,645
-0.9% financing used
-price is exclusive of dealer processing, taxes, tags, license, etc.
-timed to complete purchase just before month end
Lowest price of 7 dealers using a lowest price wins email solicitation and several follow-up calls to equalize the bids. Lots of game playing going on which usually resulted in higher pricing than the email offers.

The selling dealer, who was surprisingly straightforward and gave the lowest legitimate price. Two other dealers seemed to play straight also, but did not discount much the loyalty discount, so lost our business. It may have been a coincidence, but the selling dealer sales associate, sales manager and finance manager were all women, and a pleasure to deal with.
Where are you located?

I got two quotes:

2020 GT AWD w/ PP Machine Gray (includes roof rack, wheel lock, all weather mats)
$34,735 MSRP
$32,000 before TTL
32000 - 3000(trade in) + TTL = $30,112.52
0% Financing

2021 GT AWD w PP Machine Gray would be +$2,000 OTD
$35,080 MSRP
0.9% Financing

Are these good deals? Looking in Maryland btw.

Take these quotes and shop them around with any other local Mazda dealers (you can do this via email so you have a "written" quote to show to other local dealers). You can also include not-so-local dealers. Use the quotes to negotiate lower prices. Keep in mind that inventory levels may affect a dealer's desire to negotiate.

OK found the FWD 21 CX5 Touring with Preferred SV Package, Deep Crystal Blue/Black Leather interior. 27564 + TTLR

27564 price is
$26995 base + $1445 Touring Preferred SV Package + 1100 Destinatino = $29500 MSRP
Subtract 936 dealer discount, 1000 mazda incentive

Add $1708 for 6% MD sales tax
$1054 registration and fees

Total OTD $30326

Hey chas buying in maryland can you tell me name of dealer and rep?
Sorry just saw this and probably too late. We ended up buying from a Virginia dealer, who beat all the MD dealers, not what I was expecting. The best Maryland Dealer was Passport in Suitland. Gaithersburg and Frederick seemed to play it more or less straight but ended up being 5th and 6th highest, so out of the running.

Actually, I meant 2019 vs. 2020. There are some new 2019s still.

I was quoted $32,854 before taxes and fees for a 2020 Signature, but am wondering how much discount should be expected to get a 2019 Signature.

Back