What did you pay for your CX-5?

:
Phoenix
:
2020 CX5 signature
The lowest price I got quoted was $27,300 OTD from $29,305 MSRP for a CX-5 Touring with the preferred package, but that was for the Labor Day deal, which is now over.
If your numbers are right I'd jump on that. If you're at $27,300 OTD, then assuming 8% tax, that means he's selling you the car at about $25,000. - nearly 15% off MSRP, I think it's safe to say we'd all kill for that deal

HardRightEdg

2020 CX-5 Touring AWD Soul Red
Now, that was back in April with $1,500 loyalty and $500 Healthcare worker, so I don't know that that's doable today.
That further reinforces my point aboiut regional differences. The only loyalty bonus I've seen in this area since that time was $500 or $700, I forget which since I did not quality, a like military bonus, a like "donate your car to charity" bonus and nothing for heathcare workers.

Last edited:

HardRightEdg

2020 CX-5 Touring AWD Soul Red
When do you think these dealerships with +150 CX-5s will start trying to clear them? There's one in my local area with that many and about 7 of the same trims that I'm trying to buy. The lowest price I got quoted was $27,300 OTD from $29,305 MSRP for a CX-5 Touring with the preferred package, but that was for the Labor Day deal, which is now over. My assumption is that they'll start doing a fire sale of all the models once the 2021 models start rolling in the lot, and I'm aiming for the month/quarter-end in about a week or so to get a better deal.
As Hal2 said above, if that is literally out the door without a trade, the tax and whatnot gets you to something like 15% off MSRP. If it is actually $2,000 off MSRP before the other necessities and the inventories are as you said, you might do better. I'd track inventories for the make, options, etc. that you want. It doesn't do much good if they're lloaded to the gills with Sports but are skinny in the Tourings+ you don't want.

As Hal2 said above, if that is literally out the door without a trade, the tax and whatnot gets you to something like 15% off MSRP. If it is actually $2,000 off MSRP before the other necessities and the inventories are as you said, you might do better. I'd track inventories for the make, options, etc. that you want. It doesn't do much good if they're lloaded to the gills with Sports but are skinny in the Tourings+ you don't want.
Thanks for your thoughts guys!

Just talked to the dealership again and the price has been increased to $25,085 MSRP vs. the $24,381 MSRP previously, which comes out to around $28,000 OTD for me now. This is for the silver color, but they are loaded on the navy color that I would also be open to, which is around $400 extra due to the roof railing it comes with. The salesperson did offer to give me a better price if I do come in, so it's something that I'm considering as well.

Latest posts