What did you pay for your CX-5?

If it's something you're even remotely considering, even though most of us think it has little value, check with Ziebart directly on price. I'd like if you would make a phone call right now and post what they tell you just so we can see
Did you get an extended warranty on your Sig?

:
Phoenix
:
2020 CX5 signature
No, but I'm still looking into it. Going to get the Mazda product Plan written by Toyota. I want to call around and see who can get the best rate, I know I've heard of people getting around $1600 for a total of 7 years or so

sm1ke

Work In Progress..
Contributor
:
Canada
:
'18 CX-9 Signature
I'd question the value of that. It is SOP in the industry to zinc hot dip the chassis. Steel body panels are zinc electroplated. I've owned a variety of vehicles from a variety of makers over several decades, ranging up to 150,000 and 14 years, driving in Chicago region and Buffalo region winters. I've never had a rust problem except for a silver dollar sized rust spot on the hood of a 1992 Expo common to that model, something rust proofing wouldn't have prevented anyway.

I don't think the person asking about these aftermarket treatments is about to DIY an undercarriage rust preventative. I don't believe he should pay for it either.

These are good DIY suggestions that a person of minimal skill can do without causing harm or spending a lot of money, just some time. If one is in the habit of taking their car to the car wash with some frequency, pay the extra buck or two for the undercarriage wash and a spritz of wax. That wax won't last very long but it gets you a quick shine like the other quick waxes. I'm a fan of NuFinish as noted earlier, but some folks are not into spending an afternoon debugging, detarring, washing, drying and applying. Truth be told, you could do nothing to the surface of a contemporary car other than wash it, then apply NuFinish or a good wax after 5 years, and it will look quite good.
You are, of course, entitled to your own opinion. I'd continue the conversation but we'd be getting too far offtopic.

@Newbie_Liz, here's a link to a Car Care Thread that goes into a little more detail about maintaining the interior and exterior.

:
Phoenix
:
2020 CX5 signature
You pay TTL when you register your car. It would have been nicer to tuck in the TTL with the 0% Apr financing.
That's where I was confused, now I get it. You said $36,200 OTD, which means "out the door". So afteer TTL your OTD was closer to $38,000 - $39,000, as to be $$36,000 OTD would need to be less that $34,000 before TTL

Latest posts