What did you pay for your CX-30?

Aces72Aces

2018 CX-5 & 2020 CX-30
Wife and I are close to purchasing a Premium AWD model. Wanted to get some feedback on what people are paying and if anyone is getting below MSRP. We are in Chicago suburbs and already have a CX-5.

Post model, trim, location and price in relation to MSRP and TTL/fees separate
Also if you got any freebies/service

Thanks in advance for any help

My white Preferred model listed at $28,845. Dealer had it listed on their website for $1,317 less, at $27,529. Also got the $750 Mazda loyalty discount (we currently have four Mazdas from same dealer). Total at $26,778. Maryland taxes, title and whatever else I had to pay took it back up to just over $29K. Dealer in Lutherville, MD (north of Baltimore).

My white Preferred model listed at $28,845. Dealer had it listed on their website for $1,317 less, at $27,529. Also got the $750 Mazda loyalty discount (we currently have four Mazdas from same dealer). Total at $26,778. Maryland taxes, title and whatever else I had to pay took it back up to just over $29K. Dealer in Lutherville, MD (north of Baltimore).

(y). Purchase process must have been nice and smooth with no negotiations to deal with.

Purchased Crystal Blue Mica Premium early-Jan. in Orlando. MSRP was $29,245 and we negotiated to $27,500 with no discounts of any type (we didn't own a Mazda nor were we military) and we got them to throw in the cargo cover which I think retails for around $150. They also promised us auto-dimming mirror with install when it becomes available at $412. I know retail on the mirror is $375. Destination fee was $1045. We also had a trade-in which was presented after the vehicle had been negotiated and we saved over $600 on taxes because of that. Good luck with your purchase.

Just took a test drive...... I LOVE this car.. Checks all the boxes for me.
That being said the sales man offered a Preferred for $23,900. He did not mention destination fee ($1045?) or tax. He said this was "aggressive" pricing.. You know salesman...HA.. The deal also included me trading in my leased 2017PriusV. After inspection they would decide if they want to keep it or roll it over to Toyota. It only has 21,000 miles... We will see.. I also have an appointment with a buyer/broker and see what he says...I'll have a CX30 by April!!
mitch

"That being said the sales man offered a Preferred for $23,900. He did not mention destination fee ($1045?) or tax. He said this was "aggressive" pricing."

You are thinking along the right lines. And, $23.9k is a great price on a Preferred if it includes everything.

In order for an offer to be meaningful you need to know what it includes. Ask for the total taxable amount. That will include the car + destination charge + any options + dealer fees. That is the amount that the state will use to calculate the tax, so if you add the relevant sales tax + plus $50 - $80 for license costs and you will have your out-the-door price.

The nice thing about dealing only with the total taxable amount, is that it frees you from arguing about dealer fees, since the price quoted already includes them. Then you can compare offers between dealers without worrying that they will tack something on to the price of the car that hasn't previously been discussed.

My white Preferred model listed at $28,845. Dealer had it listed on their website for $1,317 less, at $27,529. Also got the $750 Mazda loyalty discount (we currently have four Mazdas from same dealer). Total at $26,778...

I got about the same price on a Soul Red Preferred near Pittsburgh. I believe I said this in a previous thread - go to KBB or similar site to get the invoice price of the model you want. Ignore the MSRP. Dealers are taking offers at, and sometimes below, invoice. Use that as a guide. Although it will depend on inventory and geography, most people should easily be able to offer invoice price and get the car with minimal negotiation.

Second tip, if you know you want the CX-30 and are just shopping for the best deal, don't go in to the dealer and get stuck with a floor salesperson (tag-teaming with their manager). Contact the dealer via their website for the web salesperson and get an offer or negotiate a price via email or phone. The web sales team knows you are shopping around and knows that you know the invoice price. They are going to give you an aggressive offer to get you into the dealership.

Third tip, as I just said above, ask for a quote of the total taxable amount because that will include all dealer fees. That way they know that if they slip in any extra fees, they will only raise their price relative to their competition. And it lets you know that you are comparing apples to apples when you shop multiple dealers.

Final tip - use a service like True Car or KBB to contact local dealers for you and invite them to give you a quote. (You will have to let the service share your email and phone number with the dealers. I use a burner email address and phone for car shopping so they don't get my "real" contact info.) That way the dealers know that they are in a bidding war and will have to work hard for your business. And it dove tails with the second tip, and keeps you out of the dealership until you are ready to sign papers.

Purchased Crystal Blue Mica Premium early-Jan. in Orlando. MSRP was $29,245 and we negotiated to $27,500 with no discounts of any type (we didn't own a Mazda nor were we military) and we got them to throw in the cargo cover which I think retails for around $150. They also promised us auto-dimming mirror with install when it becomes available at $412. I know retail on the mirror is $375. Destination fee was $1045. We also had a trade-in which was presented after the vehicle had been negotiated and we saved over $600 on taxes because of that. Good luck with your purchase.
Which dealer did you purchase from?

I see some fellow Central Florida people here. Thought I'd join in. I took delivery of my CX-30 from Headquarter Mazda a couple of days ago.

They had just listed the exact one I wanted the day I was going to go to another dealer. Deep Crystal Blue Mica Preferred with black interior. Not even the dealer knew about it as the car was already on its way there. So I had to use a loaner for 4 days, which was a Miata RF GT.

Main thing I wanted out of this purchase was the 1.9% APR deal they had going on. I knew I was good for it. After everything, I wound up paying under $26,600 before trade-in and down payment. I talked them into giving me what I wanted for the trade in I had, as they low-balled me. Once I showed them the numbers off of TrueCar and Edmunds, they were quick to give me just that much more.

Final tally: $406/mo. for 63mos. @ 1.9% APR

Cory Fairbanks.
I believe they changed ownership and name sometime this year. It's called Sport Mazda North now.

Right
I see some fellow Central Florida people here. Thought I'd join in. I took delivery of my CX-30 from Headquarter Mazda a couple of days ago.

They had just listed the exact one I wanted the day I was going to go to another dealer. Deep Crystal Blue Mica Preferred with black interior. Not even the dealer knew about it as the car was already on its way there. So I had to use a loaner for 4 days, which was a Miata RF GT.

Main thing I wanted out of this purchase was the 1.9% APR deal they had going on. I knew I was good for it. After everything, I wound up paying under $26,600 before trade-in and down payment. I talked them into giving me what I wanted for the trade in I had, as they low-balled me. Once I showed them the numbers off of TrueCar and Edmunds, they were quick to give me just that much more.

I believe they changed ownership and name sometime this year. It's called Sport Mazda North now.
Right.

Hey, AuraNova!

Welcome to the forum!!!

Make sure to keep us up to date on how you like that CX-30. I bought a 2019 CX-5 Reserve exactly a year ago, and am kicking myself for not having "bought Mazda" before. I had a similar dealer experience as you...I ordered my car (Crystal Blue Mica) with some factory/dealer installed accessories, and then a few days later they called me because they had one in transit they were unaware of (how can this be?) and I could take delivery weeks earlier than anticipated.

Haven't paid yet. Email negotiating right now but may do it this weekend. Bought a CX-5 for my wife about 6 months ago and started car shopping for my daughter who wants to buy around the same time. She decided on the CX-30. Current offers are invoice price:

$25,619 for Silver Select AWD or
$26,201 for Soul Red Select AWD

In addition to both will receive

$1,500 loyalty discount,
$500 healthcare worker appreciation discount
$500 dealer engagement cash

For total of $2,500 below invoice for either. Add back about $600 for taxes/DMV in Oregon and it will be about

$23,725 if we go silver
$24,335 for the red

Will use the 0% financing either way

Soul Red AWD Preferred. $29,240 MSRP - with various rebates and dealer discount - $24,403 including DOC fee. I will take care of my own Oklahoma tax & registration (about $1,250).

Appreciate all the people chiming in with their deals.

I started researching prices back in Feb but didnt pull the trigger since there was no stock on Premium models of the color combo my wife wanted, then the crisis hit and we put off our purchase.

Just reconvened the quoting process and despite all the new Mazda promos (0% APR!) and incentives, the dealers we emailed really haven’t been budging much on prices from before the lockdown. They seemed to be ADDING fees and BS charges to negate the Mazda promos.

Any brave buyers during the scare to chime in on your experience and thoughts on whether waiting out this storm is the best play?

In Ohio you will get around $1,300 off a "premium", additional $1500 off for Mazda Loyalty, and 0% for 63 months with first three months deferred. I don't see getting any better than that, as the difference between invoice and MSRP is about $1,300. Also note that in Ohio at least, Mazda's MSRP includes the big destination fee of around $1,000.

I think now is a great time to buy a car. New car incentives combined with 0% loans are far better than buying expensive used cars with high loan rates.

My most recent quote in Chicago suburbs for a Premium AWD in Deep Blue Mica has been as follows:

Sale Price $28,250
Destination 1,100
Sub-Total 29,350

Doc fee 300
Sub-Total 29,650
Sales Tax $2,151
County Tax 15
License Registration 326

Total $32,142

Mazda Loyalty 1,500
APR Customer Cash 500

OTD $30,142
Awaiting responses from other dealers if they can beat this at the moment. Planning to go with 0% APR promo if we pull the trigger

You should be able to get a $1,300 discount, or $800 + $500 customer cash = $1,300 + 0% for 63 months and 3 months deferred. I purchased basically the same vehicle in RED (a bit more for RED) for that deal.

Latest posts

Back