What Did You Do for Your CX-5 Today?

yrwei52

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech Pkg. Plano, TX
Contributor
So have you sat in the seats after installing them?

I'm curious if they really shove your head forward as much as they look like they would.
They won’t for me even if I don’t raise the JDM headrests on my gen-1 CX-5. But if you’re taller and they hit your back uncomfortably, that means you need to pull up the headrest for safety reason as it’s positioned too low for you. The rear headrests on CX-3 and Toyota Yaris iA (Mazda2) are worse as the rear headrests are extended much farther down, and everyone except kids sitting in the back seat has to pull up the headrest or the headrest is hitting your back directly!

Avoidin Deer

Central Virginia
Contributor
V
2019 CX-5 Reserve
They won’t for me even if I don’t raise the JDM headrests on my gen-1 CX-5. But if you’re taller and they hit your back uncomfortably, that means you need to pull up the headrest for safety reason as it’s positioned too low for you. The rear headrests on CX-3 and Toyota Yaris iA (Mazda2) are worse as the rear headrests are extended much farther down, and everyone except kids sitting in the back seat has to pull up the headrest or the headrest is hitting your back directly!
Yeh, but even if you pull them up to the back of your head, it still looks like they'll be shoving you forward.

I don't want to beat it to death, but I don't want to drop dollars on something that's gonna be a problem when I have rear seat passengers.

It would be nice to hear from someone who had actually sat in the seat after these have been installed.

yrwei52

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech Pkg. Plano, TX
Contributor
Yeh, but even if you pull them up to the back of your head, it still looks like they'll be shoving you forward.

I don't want to beat it to death, but I don't want to drop dollars on something that's gonna be a problem when I have rear seat passengers.

It would be nice to hear from someone who had actually sat in the seat after these have been installed.
Unlike the front headrests on CX-5 which received plenty of complaints because they’re angled too much forward, the JDM low profile rear headrests will be much better to your concern. Although I have gen-1 CX-5, but I had checked gen-2 JDM rear headrests in Taiwan a couple of years ago (at the time I planned to get a 2018 CX-5 before knowing the cylinder deactivation feature), they’re as comfortable, if not better as they’re thicker, as my gen-1 JDM’s.

Of course each person is built differently especially on seat comfort issue.

Avoidin Deer

Central Virginia
Contributor
V
2019 CX-5 Reserve
Unlike the front headrests on CX-5 which received plenty of complaints because they’re angled too much forward...
Thanks for the reply.

And I agree about the front headrests being angled too far forward.

The ergonomics of the front seat design is mind-boggling.

V
2019 Mazda CX-5 GT Reserve
So have you sat in the seats after installing them?

I'm curious if they really shove your head forward as much as they look like they would.
I never sat in the back until just now. I'm 5' 11", with the gen1 JDM rears all the way down, they touch my upper back. If I adjust them proper for my head, they're fine. They don't push my head forward.
Keep in mind the gen1 JDM come down a bit lower on back seat than the gen2 JDM.
IMG_2489.JPG

L
2016.5 GT AWD
V
w/Tech & iActive
I just checked...now, I'm 5-1, and my head is directly in line with the low profile headrest, but not touching it or being pushed forward...it sits about 1-2 inches back from my head. I did not swap back to the original to see if it was any different.

Avoidin Deer

Central Virginia
Contributor
V
2019 CX-5 Reserve
I just checked...now, I'm 5-1, and my head is directly in line with the low profile headrest, but not touching it or being pushed forward...it sits about 1-2 inches back from my head. I did not swap back to the original to see if it was any different.
Thank you.

Man, the optics in that photo are deceiving.

Latest threads

Latest resources