Went with Eibach

:
San Diego, CA
:
2014 Mazda3 S GT auto, 2008 MX5 6-speed
Although my preference was BC Racing coilovers and Swift springs, the $200 Eibach cost, along with a 10% rebate was just too tempting, especially when a Magnaflow catback is on the horizon.

Installation and Alignment: BeeLine Alignment shop, which installed Prokits on my 89 MX6 GT and my son's Civic CX. They have a guy there who's been installing springs and other suspension components for over 30 years. He knows his stuff. Total cost is about $400. The Pro-Kit includes shorter rear bump stops to replace the OEMs.

Ride height: See photo. Ideally, it'd be a bit lower, but with the OEM shocks, that is not recommended. Besides, the car does scrape on some exits to parking lots - not many, but another 1/2 inch of drop would surely result in many more scruffs. Overall, the look is good, but not Coooool! It represents a good compromise (see "Ride")

Ride: My MX6 GT originally had electrically-adjustable struts. If left on the medium setting, they would stiffen up when vehicle speeds reached a certain level. Otherwise, they were comfortable at normal driving speeds. The "sport" setting would make the ride "firmer", all the time. In other words - the best of both worlds.
The Eibach-equipped 3 rides like the sport setting - firmer, but not uncomfortable. Hard turns can be negotiated at a higher speed and with less tilt. No side-hopping has been noticed. Good Ultra-High Performance Summer tires will amp-up the G-loading.

Value: If the tire gap bothers you as it did, me, and you aren't concerned about driving on flooded or snow blizzard covered streets AND don't mind a bit firmer (and more controlled) ride, the Eibach Pro-Kit represents a great value.

Attachments

• WP_20140814_002.jpg
    WP_20140814_002.jpg
    320.8 KB · Views: 547
Thanks.
Sorry about the giant photo. I took it with my new phone, a Nokia 925. The tires needed blackening, so that's what I did, today before cleaning the wheels.

where did you snag that awesome rebate?

after a few months of driving it what are you impressions? have the springs settled more?

I myself have a GT soul red and looking at springs too

The rebate was on the Eibach website. Every now and then, they do this. It might also be listed on tirerack.com. The vender on this forum, Font Motorsports, (They're the one who also sell BC coilovers) sells Eibach, as well.

After more than a couple months, the car seemed to settle a bit more. The front looks great, while the rear still has a gap, though not nearly as much as the OEM gap. Overall, I'm very happy with the stance and the enhanced handling.
The ride is definitely firm and the seat foam density makes it feel a bit more firm, but there is virtually no sway at all when making sudden turns. It feels like my MX5 with the Koni sports on 1/4 firm setting. There is no side-hopping while traversing a sweeping corner on less than smooth roads.
As I mentioned, before, I do have to take some parking lot entrances or exits at an angle, once in a while but do not scrape exiting or entering my driveway.

2014%20Mazda%203%20GT%202.5.jpg

Last edited:
Yep Concept.
After looking at your pictures again. Eibach spring are on the list of mods for this semester...
I just want to double check what or if it will affect my warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bruns,

Since you already voided the warranty with your 19-inch wheels, why not go for broke?(evil)

The funny thing is that Mazda used lowering springs for all their ad photos and videos. I'll bet many people think my 3 is perfectly stock. And when they look inside, they think it's a BMW 3 series until they spot the HUD and window sticker that I left in place...... (just kidding about that one)

Hahaha...
The wheels were approved by the dealer though...

But everybody that's been inside the 3 couldn't believe how nice it looked. Even my boss, who drives an X1 and a GTR said the car looks and feels amazing.

Regarding the springs. Will check with them. They have a dealer lowering option, so it's not like the car can't be lowered.

Yes - approved for a Mazda 6! I'm sure that the only thing that would be voided is possibly the shocks. By hey, by the time they wear out, Koni will have adjustable available (like the ones in my MX5).

The Magnusson-Moss Warranty Act says your warranty won't be void by modifications unless the aftermarket part caused the problem.

"Under the Magnuson-Moss Act, a dealer must prove, not just vocalize, that aftermarket equipment caused the need for repairs before it can deny warranty coverage. If the dealer cannot prove such a claim — or it proffers a questionable explanation — it is your legal right to demand compliance with the warranty. The Federal Trade Commission administers the Magnuson-Moss Act and monitors compliance with warranty law."

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/keeping-your-mods-warranty-intact.html

Great stuff about the warranty act stuff. It's very similar in Australia. I just hope something similar is in place in Japan as well.

And Concept - the 19inch wheels were approved in writing by the dealer to be used on my Axela.

Back