Weird creaking noise

Teefivetee

:
Protg 5 2003
Hey everyone. Mega protg 5 noob here. Need some help

Just got this car, 131k on it. Had my guy look at it, very reliable, said everything was good to go. Checked out the the car the one day. Anyway, todsy I'm noticing a noise whenever I back up slowly or randomly turn the wheel while stationary. I get this creaking noise from what seems the center of the front of the car, first I thought it was the wheels on the wheel well but that couldn't be it. The car drives the same, just get this weird noise when moving slowly. I've had bad axles before on my other car, and it wasn't like this. Any insight guys? Thank you

Could be a few things... steering rack, tie rods, suspension components, etc.

You would need to be more specific with when it happens, as "in reverse and when I turn the wheel" tells me nothing as the two have very little in common mechanically.

Could be a few things... steering rack, tie rods, suspension components, etc.

You would need to be more specific when it happens when in reverse and when I turn the wheel" tells me nothing as the two have very little in common mechanically.

Okay. Drove it some more today. Only at slow speeds or stationary. Creaking from what seems lik from front ppassenger wheel. That creaking noise is the only symptom I have. I'm sorry I don't have more info

Okay. Drove it some more today. Only at slow speeds or stationary. Creaking from what seems lik from front ppassenger wheel. That creaking noise is the only symptom I have. I'm sorry I don't have more info

Is the creaking happening when you go over bumps or on a flat road? Try to drive in a tight circle, same noise, is it louder?

Does it ONLY happen when you turn the steering wheel or when you go in a straight line?

Back