Water pump symptoms?

I am losing coolant in the expansion tank and can't find any leak anywhere so my guess is water pump. The thing is i don't see any sign of coolant in the oil, for those who had a bad water pump, were you able to tell from the oil? Usually the oil gets foamy and you can see some white residue in the oil cap but i have none of this on this car.

thanks

I haven't had this issue yet (knock on wood), but you might have to drain the oil to get a better visual.

Look at the dipstick - if there is anything other than clean oil on there (bubbles, dirty "bathtub ring", milky oil) you have a problem.

Water can also disappear due to a head gasket failure. If you see any dirt or debris in the overflow tank it could be the head gasket.

overflow tank is clean and can't see anything special on the dipstick, oil is very clean, that is why i am confused! I guess i will try to drain a little bit of oil and see if there is water in the bottom of the pan

well after all i do have some small debris in the overflow but is it because of the head gasket or because the car is 200k miles old... I beleive it must be head gasket since i really can't see any sign of coolant in the oil and there is no outside leak... I guess this is the end of my CX9...

There is a test that can be done to check for exhaust gas products in the coolant. Maybe you can try that?

.....the car is 200k miles old... I beleive it must be head gasket.....I guess this is the end of my CX9...
Why not fix it and get another 100K out of her? Headgasket doesn't cost that much in relation to a new car.

my awd is dead, it starts to show rust in some spot, need a new windshield, new driver door hinges, probably new A/C compressor since it is leaking a little bit and now the head gasket... Taking out the exhaust manifolds is going to be a pain in the butt, all the cars get rusty around here with our salty roads in winter. That is without taking into account everything that is going to break while i do the work on it. I would have at least 1000$ to invest in part on it and i doubt it is worth more than 2000 if fully functionnal, i might just end up buying a younger one, like a 2012 for around 7K$ and have peace of mind

There is a test that can be run on the coolant that detects the presence of combustion byproducts (unburned hydrocarbons) in the coolant. You can by it online or take it to a mechanic and have it done.

my awd is dead, it starts to show rust in some spot, need a new windshield, new driver door hinges, probably new A/C compressor since it is leaking a little bit and now the head gasket... Taking out the exhaust manifolds is going to be a pain in the butt, all the cars get rusty around here with our salty roads in winter. That is without taking into account everything that is going to break while i do the work on it. I would have at least 1000$ to invest in part on it and i doubt it is worth more than 2000 if fully functionnal, i might just end up buying a younger one, like a 2012 for around 7K$ and have peace of mind
Makes sense now. Up here, the 07-09's are fetching 8-10K, and the 10-12's are in the 12K range.

Makes sense now. Up here, the 07-09's are fetching 8-10K, and the 10-12's are in the 12K range.

i don't know where you are located but here in Canada i would say the 07 on the market are between 4k and 5k canadian$ but they all have less milleage than mine. And even at those prices, i am not even sure they are selling. The weather destroys the car around here, after 12 years, they really are beaters

i don't know where you are located but here in Canada i would say the 07 on the market are between 4k and 5k canadian$ but they all have less milleage than mine. And even at those prices, i am not even sure they are selling. The weather destroys the car around here, after 12 years, they really are beaters
I'm in Vancouver, BC. So, everything is more expensive here. LOL

There is a test that can be run on the coolant that detects the presence of combustion byproducts (unburned hydrocarbons) in the coolant. You can by it online or take it to a mechanic and have it done.

Watch this video. The guy does the test towards the very end.

Back