Water in passenger footwell - where's the leak?

OK.....so here are my findings....I'm hoping most everyone can see the HUGE crack running down the seam/seam sealer. This is where the water is RUNNING down and into the car....But, it does seem like it has a couple drips from up higher. I am gunna seal it this weekend and report back.

Pics....
Picture373.jpg

Picture372.jpg

man i really need to start chasing down my seat. my passenger floor is all wet again but i been so busy

I pulled my dash. It wasn't hard at all. Much easier to fix the problem. The body sealer was cracked for me as well. I bought auto body sealant, and fixed it.

welp started to chase my leak down. took the seat out to dry. whats the best way to remove the sound deadener out of the way?

OK.....so here are my findings....I'm hoping most everyone can see the HUGE crack running down the seam/seam sealer. This is where the water is RUNNING down and into the car....But, it does seem like it has a couple drips from up higher. I am gunna seal it this weekend and report back.

Pics....
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc147/PWB/Picture373.jpg
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc147/PWB/Picture372.jpg

after taking my seat out and pulling up my carpet, i finally decided to find where you found your seam cracking. it seems like mine is cracking in the same area. i think imma seal it up in a day or two. i hope this fixes my prob

after taking my seat out and pulling up my carpet, i finally decided to find where you found your seam cracking. it seems like mine is cracking in the same area. i think imma seal it up in a day or two. i hope this fixes my prob

Do me/us a favor....While looking at that crack in the seam, have someone pour a cup of water or put the water hose on the passenger side windshield cowl. If you have time, take the cowl off and just fill that side up with water and wait for your leak to start flowing. Let us know how that turns out for you. I am working to seal mine up this week.

Do me/us a favor....While looking at that crack in the seam, have someone pour a cup of water or put the water hose on the passenger side windshield cowl. If you have time, take the cowl off and just fill that side up with water and wait for your leak to start flowing. Let us know how that turns out for you. I am working to seal mine up this week.

good news. i confirmed where my leak is. i finally got around to hosing down the car. shown below in red is where i gave the car a gentle shower and circled in blue is where i sprayed it hardcore. this took place yesterday.

it rained overnight too. ive kept a dry shirt where i think the leak was for a few days already and checked it out today and it was wet. it looks like a really sweaty shirt lol

time to remove that sound deadening and seal it up. i was recommended a heat gun/hair dryer and a putty knife and then to seal it with 3M US: Marine 5200 Adhesive Sealant.

41E9VNQTDEL._SS500_.jpg

oh yea i forgot to update. i think were gonna take that approach instead^, removing the fender liner. friend took a peek and saw another crack that went up behind the dash so i just kept a tshirt stuffed in there for now temporarily until its fixed.

good luck. no more leaks for me, but the interior smells like caulk. lol

it beats the mildew odor. plus it gives me a little buzz. makes the drive more enjoyable ya know

uhhh.... took my right fender liner off and found this.. (pic taken after it was cleaned up and fender liner reinstalled). also blew compressed air in the cowl drain. it was pretty clogged up with dirt.

wonder if the previous owner took my car off roading..

I found the same in my passenger side today drivers side was good. Also sealed up everything on both sides :) Hopefully!

yea hopefully me too lol. just waitin for it to dry then hopefully no more leak. i think if it does keep leaking... imma just keep changing out the tshirts i stuff in there after everytime it rains. rotate the same two tshirts over and over again

(headshake (sad2)

Thanks for the pics. My wife's 99 Protege is full of water on the driver's side. Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to take out her seat and carpets to find the source of the leak.

I'm not entirely sure what part the pics represent. Do I just remove the plastic wheel well on the driver's side and look for that joint?

god this thread brings back memories...a bad windshield seal can be the cause but it'd most likely a cracked seal in the wheelwell area

Back