Was my PCM recall done??

I bought a new Speed 6 a few weeks ago.

When I test drove it I asked if the car I was driving had the work done to it. He said that it would be illegal for them to sell the car to me if it had not already been done.

Anyway, how can I tell?

My service manager checked my VIN and said it was done..ironically i couldn't find the conpaign label anywhere at the door sides or engine bay....

oh well...i do know my boost comes in at 3.4k - 4k rpm onwards...hmm..

kalte said:
My service manager checked my VIN and said it was done..ironically i couldn't find the conpaign label anywhere at the door sides or engine bay....

oh well...i do know my boost comes in at 3.4k - 4k rpm onwards...hmm..

my boost kicks a lil earlier than 3.4k-4k like around 2.8k-3k. is there something wrong with that?

VA03Speed said:
my boost kicks a lil earlier than 3.4k-4k like around 2.8k-3k. is there something wrong with that?

I don't know..sorry..maybe it's just me getting used to the car :)

Took mine in to get it done after finding recall on mazda usa website. Called 800 number and they looked up vin and said It needed to be done. The boost kick is definately at a higher rpm 3000+ where it was around 2700 and like a hard kick in the rear. But the engine pulls well past 5500 rpm when before the
reflash it dropped off very noticibly past 4900-5000. All they do is reflash the computer takes 30 min.

Strange. I'm never convinced they got the Vin range correct in this recall.
Before the re-flash my boost would kick in at arouns 2.8k and go almost to the redline. After the re-flash the boost kicks in at about 3k and dies at around 4200rpm...wish I could pull the old flash from somewhere...(uhm)

Back