2013~2016 CX-5 Diesel Warning lights; SCBS, TPMS and Traction Control

Hi all
Recently I have had errors flashing regarding SCBS, TPMS and traction control warning.
I have a CX-5 automat 2.2 diesel and the error only occurs at unregular times and only when driving in manual mode.
I have tried to establish more info on when it happens. As far as I can see it occurs when I go off the trottle after a hilltop and start to drive downhill. Also it may seem, I find it happens when I drive into a tunnel.
Could the error be related to pressure differences at the opening in a tunnel, different lighting in the tunnelport triggering the SCBS ? I regard the tire pressure monitoring system to be innocent here
As you probably can see, I am a bit lost here and the dealers cant find any real problem with these periodic errors.

Any ideas and viewpoints appreciated

Thanks
Arild

Hey. Did you solve the problem. I have Mazda CX5 2016 disel 2.2 175 hp. Well, when i'm going downhill and brake a lot, SCBS fault show up, traction control, tyre pressure and engine light comes on. The gearbox stucks in same gear and i can't change it manualy and it downshifts at very low rpm and it's very hard. Any help?

From what I've seen, most problems like you describe are related to the battery needing to be replaced.

Could be many things like a faulty alternator but first, make sure your battery terminals are tight, free of corrosion and dirt/grease. Also check the ground terminal to the body, again make sure it's tight and free of corrosion. If that fails, you'll need to get it checked at the dealer or a good independent shop. Good luck and let us know the outcome.

Could be many things like a faulty alternator but first, make sure your battery terminals are tight, free of corrosion and dirt/grease. Also check the ground terminal to the body, again make sure it's tight and free of corrosion. If that fails, you'll need to get it checked at the dealer or a good independent shop. Good luck and let us know the outcome.
I checked everything you said but didn't work. It happend again when i brake hard or for longer time. Also when i changed battery may fuel consumption got worse and it changes more often. It's not constant. And I forgot te mention that vehlice system malfunction appears always. And when I delete it after some time it shows up. I don't know what to do. I have to go on a long trip but i don't think that i trust the car anymore.

Have you hooked up a scan tool into the OBDII port to see if there are any trouble codes being stored?

As far as the mileage display being different, yes disconnecting the battery cleared / reset the average so it will seem different if you typically don't ever reset it.

Since you are going on a trip soon, do you have a Mazda dealer or a private trustworthy shop that can diagnose this for you?

Yes I checked all codes are fine. My nearest mazda dealer is rufly 200 km away. I'm currently on roadtrip and everything happens again when i go above 130 km/h, the engine lose pover and gearbox goes in one gear.

Hi there
Did you ever find a solution? My CX5 does exactly the same, TCS, TPMS, SCBS lights going over the crest of a hill and decelerating. I have replaced the exhaust pressure sensor with an upgraded unit, replaced the engine oil sensor, cleaned the air fliw sensor, replaced the dpf sensor. Still the issue remains.
Next thing I'm going to try is charging the battery for 24 hours, maybe then replacing that and the alternator if I can't think of anything else. I should say that the alternator drive belt snapped about 2000 miles ago (during this saga) so I wonder if it's caused intermittent charging and somehow damaged the battery/alternator?
Any thoughts much appreciated
Thanks

.... following on from my last post, I just fitted a new stop-start battery and the issue still persists.
I drove today for 100 miles with the SCBS turned off. No warning lights but too early to claim victory...

Latest posts

Back