VTCS/VICS Delete and Intake Manifold Modification

When you do this mod dont you have to replace the injector seals as well?

Why did you use wd40 for bit lubricant. Horrible. If you use the right oil and take your time you won't kill tons of bits. Aluminum is soft. At the shop I work at we use a honey like substance and its amazing.

Zep Drill Chill works wonders combined with a wide fluke die grinder bit

so i have heard people say remove vics and people say dont remove the vics..... which is it???? my IM is out and im ready to start but not sure if i should stick with just removing the vtcs or remove both the vtcs and the vics....

so i have heard people say remove vics and people say dont remove the vics..... which is it???? my IM is out and im ready to start but not sure if i should stick with just removing the vtcs or remove both the vtcs and the vics....
remove both if you've got a msp.

I have heard mixed results on deleting them both. I will just leave the VTCS deleted until I can afford an aftermarket IM.

yes. it's a turboed vehicle. removing them provides more flow. more flow-more power. also they're essentially pointless and used for start up/emissions

have you been in a car with both removed? I have and can say that cold start sucked and the improvement was not noticeable over just deleting the vtcs.

I have heard mixed results on deleting them both. I will just leave the VTCS deleted until I can afford an aftermarket IM.

Can you post up some of these reviews? I would like to read them as I have completed this mod and hope I didn't waste a ton of time on it. I guess well see what happens when the car runs in a month or so.

depends on how far you go with it. hogging out all of the chambers and such, will be a great mod. similar to a sheet metal, but no where near as good of gains. Significant gains over just the 626, or even JUST the vtcs.. again a vehicle with turbo will respond way better to this than an n/a... Biking-you don't count, you live in the great north where cold starts matter! lol.

Ha! I live just about as far north. But I can tune for it somewhat. Aside from the heresay about what it should do, is there anyone in this thread that has actually done it and can attest to the improvements/detriments?

Edit: I saw the one earlier in the thread about pulling well at highway speeds. Any others with this mod?

Last edited:
Ha! I live just about as far north. But I can tune for it somewhat. Aside from the heresay about what it should do, is there anyone in this thread that has actually done it and can attest to the improvements/detriments?

Edit: I saw the one earlier in the thread about pulling well at highway speeds. Any others with this mod?

PM peter5 and ask him, he is running the hiboost kit and took out more material then you did on his manifold. He's been running it that way for a few years now.

I am currently doing this. If it works good I am doing a before / after dyno with the same turn just different mani's just hope I get my standalone soon

if you need a spare/junk intake I got one sitting here with broken VICS flaps... I posted a sale thread a while ago, so....
better messing with crap than "ruining" a good part ;)

Can you post up some of these reviews? I would like to read them as I have completed this mod and hope I didn't waste a ton of time on it. I guess well see what happens when the car runs in a month or so.
Most of the reviews are in the VTCS delete How to thread, I don't have both removed just the VTCS and I noticed a pretty big difference. I will most likely leave the IM alone until I get a sheet metal aftermarket IM.

I'm not talking about just removing the flaps. I'm talking about the complete porting of the entire VICS section. The only thing I did different than Sam was that I left the individual runners intact on the lower half compared to him making the four into two.

Last I talked to Sam, he said they never did on the one in the first post. My local buddy did it on his titanium gray. His butt dyno said it was great. But never dynoed and it was a s*** ton of work.

I'm sure everyone else that has done this has had lots of time to do it but no money to pony up for the dyno.

Back