Volk SE37k - 17x8.5 & 17x7.5

grant

I decided I wanted a little more grip for special occasions. So here

245/45/17 on the front and 235/45/17 on the rear. I'm running Dunlop Direzza Star Spec Z1s.

This weekend was the SCCA Pro Solo tour stop in Wendover, UT. I ended up co-driving in D Stock with a VW R32. The guy is a previous D-Stock national champion and last year he won the D Stock Prepared national championship. So no way was I going to turn down this opportunity.

The Volk SE37k wheels are on. Here's the two cars.
qquzba.jpg

21b3w36.jpg

25yud11.jpg

105nw20.jpg

2gxfwqb.jpg

A few more pictures from the quick install.

adj8zt.jpg

2d9nr4.jpg

szdj82.jpg

24grrkz.jpg

2ywuyqq.jpg

2hhkw3l.jpg

12642zl.jpg

5vpyxd.jpg

2vl776u.jpg

11v4b4y.jpg

The fronts were zero problem all weekend, but I think a full trunk combined with a speed bump caused my left rear to rub once. Other than that, there's tons of grip and the light weight wheels gives some better acceleration. They weighed in at 14.3 lbs in the rear and 15.2 in the front. Nothing better than installing wheels with 1 hand.

14.3 and 15.2. Dropped 11 lbs per corner has really helped the acceleration, handling and braking. Unsprung weight is a great spot for weight reduction. It's nice having traction through first and second now.

My left rear rubbed again, so I guess rolling the rears is going to be required. I didn't expect to need to because most of the forum responses said 235s in the back would work.

So the seller included a set of Rays valve stems with the deal, and the tire shop that installed the tires managed to lose them. Looks like they're $94 in the hole on this one. Great job for owning up, horrible job for losing them in the first place.

I've run this set up for 3 events now and I've definitely seen my times drop by around 2-3 seconds on average. Also, instead of typically placing 27th-35th out of 70, I'm now fighting for entry into the top 10. That might also be attributed to driving abilities, but I think traction has a bit to do with that as well.
111meed.jpg

qquzba.jpg

2wf5rhk.jpg

Bonus, my guide to baking an Orange Pancake.

Step 1:
The selection process is important. Not just any cone will do. Typically the newer the cone, the better the flavor.
210ng34.jpg

Step 2: Pound the orange cone into submission.
9tpu7o.jpg

Step 3:
Shape the cone to your liking.
2uy6mi1.jpg

Step 4:
Leave the scene of the crime and let the course workers enjoy your cooking.

I'm usually pretty picky about which cone will be best, I thought about one of the cones in the first slalom, but figured that would just be getting greedy.
nz4yaa.jpg

Back