Very disappointed with Mazda CPO warranty

:
Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring 2016
Dan, you left out the old tried & true technique of making a big yellow lemon sign for the car and parking on the street in front of the dealership.

IF your 2018 CX-9 is still under the original 3yr/36k miles warranty - they will have to fix it, per the TSB, with no questions asked. No worries there.

If you are over the 36k miles, then you should do what I did. Print the CPO paperwork (it's in this discussion), print the TSB, and go to the selling dealer and show them your bumper. Ask for their help. It really plays in your favor that you just bought the car from them too. It's been only 4-5 days. Go back to them ASAP and show them the defect and the TSB explaining that it is a KNOWN issue. They should just cover the repair under warranty.

If they refuse, try another dealer, call Mazda USA, talk to the dealership management, make noise, etc.
Best of luck!!! Keep us updated.

So I didn't realize until yesterday that the car was still under its original limited new car warranty, but just barely! So dropped it off showing the TSB and little to no fuss from service. They just have to verify that it wasn't involved in a collision. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Either way, thanks to you danmm7 for even talking about this in the first place. Glad I ran into this post during my car research. Wouldn't have even known there was a TSB!

:
21 Cx9 Tour Prm
Glad to see this is resolved. But I Just wanted to add that usually all car makers will have a regional manager. It would have been good to contact that person to initiate a discussion.

Usually, I think, the best way to do this is through your dealer. Politely asking the issue to be escalated to the regional manager can make this happen. But, when your dealer is an *** and won't do it for you, then you'll have to go to another dealer OR some how find out his contact info.

It's likely the second dealer did this for you to get this fix approved. Again, glad it was resolved.

[edit] I see I necro'ed. Oh well, hopefully this helps someone in the future.

sm1ke

Work In Progress..
Contributor
:
Canada
:
'18 CX-9 Signature
Glad to see this is resolved. But I Just wanted to add that usually all car makers will have a regional manager. It would have been good to contact that person to initiate a discussion.

Usually, I think, the best way to do this is through your dealer. Politely asking the issue to be escalated to the regional manager can make this happen. But, when your dealer is an *** and won't do it for you, then you'll have to go to another dealer OR some how find out his contact info.

It's likely the second dealer did this for you to get this fix approved. Again, glad it was resolved.

[edit] I see I necro'ed. Oh well, hopefully this helps someone in the future.

Only a mild necro, and as long as the post is helpful in some way, there's nothing to worry about :)