Veretos's DD Protege 5

Veretos

:
Mazda Protege5
Hey all, my name is JD. I have a 2002 Protege 5 that Ive owned since mid 2013 (too lazy to look what month) but i love the friggen thing. It is such a balanced platform, and the steering is awesome, however it needs some desperate attention to the brakes and powertrain. Right now the car has an auto, but i just recently purchased a parts car 2002 ES with a 2 liter and 5 speed. I say parts car primarily because the 'ol P5 was in an accident in late August, but i also plan to pull the engine and trans and scrap the rest.

As for the accident.... Some lady took a right at a 4 way intersection as i was passing under the light in the right lane at 40mph, she didn't even look when she pulled out of course. I slammed on my brakes and horn and got down to about 25 and then she gradually eased over into the left lane (glad i didn't swerve over there) and without a signal at that. As she got over i let off the brakes to keep some momentum and go past, and right as i was passing she jerked back over into the right lane and side swiped me. There was only body damage to the drivers fender and door and the mirror was smashed up, but it was unfortunately considered a salvage. As you can imagine i bought it back for cheap and bought the parts car for cheap and collected dat insurance moneys. As of right now my body is fixed (except the rocker; that's rolled in pretty good) but i need to get some paintwork done as the parts car is black and my P5 is silver.

Ill post a picture of both the cars, but since im at work I only have whats on my phone. I will update w/ (limited) pics what work Ive done already over the holiday season and hopefully continue to make posts as it warms up
Pro's.jpg

Here is a pic of the damage on the P5 after said lady hit me.
The other two pics are of the car mid door swap, and after the door and fender had been changed

Attachments

• Damage.jpg
    Damage.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 262
  • No door.jpg
    No door.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 254
  • Body work complete.jpg
    Body work complete.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 307
Back