Using mats from Gen 1 in Gen 2

:
'14 GT traded for '20 Sig
Just went from a 2014 to a 2020:
1. Weathertech floor liners from the front will not transfer. They actually fit well (at least the passenger side did; I didn't try driver), but the holes don't line up.
2. """" for the rear seat WILL transfer. This is the one-piece jobby that covers the hump and both footwells. Fits fine.
3. I had the Mazda OEM cargo tray in the back. It fits OK in the 2020, except for the inserts for the little storage units on each side. You could conceivably cut the cubby liners off of the mats. I just forced it in there, and it sorta works.

(A search here didn't turn up clear answers on this one for me.)

I can highly recommend the Canadian OEM mats available from Scarboro Mazda in Toronto here. Since your old rear mat fits, you would only need the fronts. These fit absolutely perfectly in my '19 including full coverage on the dead pedal and are super easy to clean.

As to the rear cargo tray, I bought the US Mazda OEM one for the 2017-2020 models from Med Center Mazda here. The 2014 models are not compatible with the 2017-2020 models.

Last edited:
On the mats, note is that the Mazda Canada OEM Premium Mats are 3D MaxSpider mats. 3D MaxSpider has a contract with Mazda Canada (Mazda US is a separate entity) to produce the premium OEM Mats.

So if you don't care about the Mazda logo, consider the 3D MaxPider, as they cost less than OEM. You'll also save on shipping if you are in the US.

Thanks. I'm OK with my old cargo tray squeezed in there, and just want new front mats. Don't really want WeatherTech again, they are 128 + tax currently. Looked at Husky WLiners, 142 on Amazon for front and back, but only 120 on the Husky site (and it claims free shipping). I just want the fronts, and it doesn't appear I can buy it that way. Fronts only for their XAct are 122 on amazon, 129 on Husky, but I am a little put off by some comments/pics about a weird fit. Will check out the MaxSpiders.

Back