Used Engines from Japan

fxpthl

Has anyone here had experiences with re-fitting their tired ol OEM engine with one purchased from a Japanese company? My 97 has blown a head gasket and cracked the head and I haven't been able to find anyone who will re-build the OEM engine. Lots of firms that want to re-fit it with a used one but not do the re-build. I live in Orange County, CA and you would think that there would be a real shop where re-builds can be affordably done, but no luck. Frustrating to say the least!

The Japanese engines are identical to those found here in the US. Furthermore, there are lots of already pulled engines available across the country for very reasonable prices. Check your local Craigslist, car-part.com, eBay, etc.

Well I certainly hope you are correct about these used engines, cause my 97 in a local shop having one installed for me right now. The mechanic stated that he will put in a new water pump, timing belt and pressure test the whole assembly BEFORE he installs it. Only time will tell and I am looking forward to having my little Miata back in my own garage!

Back