Upgrading 2012 Headunit

@broc i believe the camera has power because when I shift to reverse camera is turning on but no video. there is one time that I accidentally put the wire from the axxess to constant 12v wire in the stock harness i got the camera on but it is blurry and the camera is on always. by the way what is the color of the reverse wire in your car? Is it the orange one?

@bjmigrino
1) by turning on, if you mean that the app on the radio comes on, that can happen independently from the camera having power (that said ... if this is the case, then you have correctly identified the reverse wire and connected it to the correct location on your headunit to trigger its app)
2) It doesn't sound like you are currently connected like this, but I thought that I would mention it while you troubleshoot things .... there is minimal (if any downside to having the camera connected to the accessory power ... the camera is always on when the ignition is on ... you may not want to connect the camera to 12V battery directly since this will slowly discharge the battery)
3) just to make certain ... you are using the wires shown here (https://www.crutchfield.com/S-AYsJA...IVbyKOoAjhPlUd_jQZ6LED3RcgNP57-gaAq4sEALw_wcB) correct?
4) It has been too long since I did this install (so I don't recall the wire color), but I would have used the wiring diagrams that I link at the start of this thread

@broc i have a kenwood DMX 9706. I can turn the camera on whenever i want to access it. There is a button in kenwood for that. When I push that button the camera is turning on but no video feed. Yes i am using the wires that you showed to me. Do u recall if there is a separate stock harness for video feed in your CX9? The problem that I have is this. The one in circle. When I attach this in the stock harness there is no video.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200929-133337.png
    Screenshot_20200929-133337.png
    145.9 KB · Views: 147
As I recall, beyond the instructions that I copied in my first reply to you (and the power source adjustment that I mention
1) I connected one of the 2 white connectors that you show in the picture above to my factory harness (the other white connector is unused for our application)
2) The yellow male RCA connector is connected to the back of my headunit (the female rca connector is unused)
3) the remainder of the wiring connections are per the instructions

... since you are turning the unit on with a button on your head unit ... I am really wondering if you are actually getting power to your camera (especially since you mention powering your camera via a 12V connection to your adapter and getting a signal, albeit blurry) ... you could try disconnection the rca connector (yellow) from your head unit and see if it behaves the same ... if so, then pressing the button on your headunit is simply turning on a program on your headunit

I need to return to my work, but if you can better describe why you believe that you camera is getting power, then I am happy to help

@broc When i accidentally attached the wires to the continuos 12volts the camera is always on even if i am not in reverse. Now that I tapped the wires in the reverse wire (I got that because when I go to reverse I get a 12volts and when not in reverse there is no power.) It triggers the camera to turn on. But doesn't give me video. i did all that you mentioned above.

I hope that helps. I really appreciate your replies.

@broc Here's what happen if I attach it to a constant 12v wire. Camera is always on. I checked the wires again to see if anything gives me 12v when in reverse. I got 1 wire that says 11v when in reverse and no power if not in reverse. Thats where i made the tap.

Attachments

• PXL_20200929_221544153.MP.jpg
    PXL_20200929_221544153.MP.jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 149
Update: I managed to get my factory backup working. The wires on the ax mazcam 6v is not correct. Atleast the one that was given to me. I needed to switch the wires for the camera to work.

Back