Updating the firmware from V.51 to V.55 on your own?

Did you get the zip file from the New Zealand download site? All I got was a download failure message. I was using Safari on OS X. Let me try again tonight on a Windows machine.

Why won't it let you download the file? Do you have cookies enabled in your browser? That seems to be a prerequisite...

Did you get the zip file from the New Zealand download site? All I got was a download failure message. I was using Safari on OS X. Let me try again tonight on a Windows machine.

Yup. Using Firefox on Win7. No problem to connect/download.

The ZIP file downloaded fine on a Windows machine. Decompressed to a freshly formatted USB drive and plugged it in. Within about a minute I got a message on the screen than the file was installed. I can now use the touch screen while the car is moving. I don't know if anyone has got the .txt file to work, but I sure could not. Thanks for everyone's help.

Yup. Using Firefox on Win7. No problem to connect/download.

Based on my experiences, don't use tweaks.sh; use the .zip file. The only changes made are disabling the speed restriction on use of the touchscreen and shortening the time the warning stays on the screen after the car is started. Some have reported the tweaks persist after a dealer update of the infotainment software. Even if they get deleted, they should be easy to reinstall. No one here or on the Mazda 3 forum have reported any adverse consequences from this tweak.

I installed the tweaks file and it worked flawlessly. About to install the wallpaper changer. Does anyone know whether installing these custom-tweaks will void the warranty or have any other negative consequences? Like, will this be a problem if I take the car to dealer for infotainment version upgrade later?

My car currently has v51 installed in it. Took it to the dealership to get the windows tinted and asked if they could upgrade the firmware on it as well. They said there are no new versions out for the cx-5, only for the Mazda3, and that I have the latest version.

v55.750 is the latest version and it works for the CX-5. I installed it and I also installed the tweak file enabling touch screen while moving. The tweak also reduces the time the warning message is displayed when the Infotainment starts.
Very simple to install. Here is the link to download the tweak. It's a zip file. Unzip it and move all the components to a formatted USB memory stick. Plug it into one of the 2 USB ports in your car and in less than 5mn, the upgrade will complete.

https://mega.co.nz/#!8o1XXKLR!wh_CuoZcVV9FhQZJiiCAgcsslMGwnm0dAPmTSLjDowM

Last edited:
v55.750 is the latest version and it works for the CX-5. I installed it and I also installed the tweak file enabling touch screen while moving. The tweak also reduces the time the warning message is displayed when the Infotainment starts.
Very simple to install. Here is the link to download the tweak. It's a zip file. Unzip it and move all the components to a formatted USB memory stick. Plug it into one of the 2 USB ports in your car and in less than 5mn, the upgrade will complete.

https://mega.co.nz/#!8o1XXKLR!wh_CuoZcVV9FhQZJiiCAgcsslMGwnm0dAPmTSLjDowM

My dealer installed 5.5 yesterday for my car. Does anyone know what changes Mazda made going from 5.1 to 5.5? Maybe only stability/response improvements?

It fixed issues with the system having random black outs, erasing favorites, and the flash drive restarting. I still have some other issues with the flash drive, buts better than what it was.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Question for you guys... The dealer updated my OS to version 55.00.650 a few weeks ago, and I just updated it myself to 55.00.753 this morning. When I downloaded the files, I kept seeing references to version "753 A" (and the file names are actually "cmu150_NA_55.00.753A_failsafe" and "cmu150_NA_55.00.753A_reinstall"), but when I look at my settings screen now after the update, it shows me "753 N".

IMG_2517.JPG

Is that what you guys see as well, or is there something "special" with my car?

When the dealer did the update to .650, it showed up as .650; but the same update files applied to a 2016 GT in the showroom showed up as .651. Makes no sense to me, but I guess these little discrepancies are nothing to really spend a lot of time worrying about?

Last edited:
Hi Ulrich, could you share where you find the link for 55.00.753? Im current on 55.00.650 that the dealer updated for me and it actually made it worse than before when I had my v51, music function with USB stored files is sluggish and nav constantly crashing. :( I wonder if .753 will actually make a difference... thanks in advance.
Question for you guys... The dealer updated my OS to version 55.00.650 a few weeks ago, and I just updated it myself to 55.00.753 this morning. When I downloaded the files, I kept seeing references to version "753 A" (and the file names are actually "cmu150_NA_55.00.753A_failsafe" and "cmu150_NA_55.00.753A_reinstall"), but when I look at my settings screen now after the update, it shows me "753 N".

IMG_2517.JPG

Is that what you guys see as well, or is there something "special" with my car?

When the dealer did the update to .650, it showed up as .650; but the same update files applied to a 2016 GT in the showroom showed up as .651. Makes no sense to me, but I guess these little discrepancies are nothing to really spend a lot of time worrying about?

Back