Updated version of the Infotainment System Available (70.0.0.352B NA N) for North America

It will work but the procedure is slightly different. Follow the instructions exactly as listed and you cannot go wrong. BTW, I pumped the breaks every 5 minutes instead of the 20 minutes recommended. Did not want to take any chances on the system timing out.

Before doing anything read the instructions in detail. Do a dry rehearsal run to avoid surprises.
If you have ANY doubts, tell the dealer you are having some issues and have them do the update.

First time I did my car (about 1 month after delivery to me) the update got to 99%, and BOOM.. everything shut off. LMAO. I had set the timer from the point where the upgrade starts, NOT from when the CMU shut-down occurs when you have to get out of the car..

I panicked. I've never sweated so fast in my life.. but thankfully, when I hit the start button, it came back up and completed with no issues.

So like you, I did it in 5 minute intervals this time. lol

Updated from .355. No issues. Instructions were great - just keep in mind if you try this, it seems like it hangs but the blank screen lasts for a few minutes, then it stops at like 2% for a few minutes...goes straight up to 80% pretty quickly...then progresses really slowly again.

Coming from a more recent firmware, the start up times seem just as slow - but I *think* the interface itself is a little more responsive.

Thanks all! Good luck!

Mazda has released an update for the Infotainment system.

A lot of us have been complaining about SiriusXM drop outs / no SiriusXM at all on this forum, and the changelog posted in the thread below indicates it has been fixed with this release.

I have a 2016 Touring, non-Bose radio and during a recent visit to the dealer for a new battery and brake fluid flush, the service writer was kind enough to let me know that my radio version was a few revisions behind and asked if I wanted the newest revision loaded.

My radio is doing fine and our phones (S7 and S8 Actives) both work with the current version. The service writer said the newest revision helps with some of the newer phones connect and it speeds up other things.

The revision upgrade is not part of a TSB or other campaign, and to my surprise, was going to be $60 to have it installed. :unsure: :alien:

Microsoft supplies us with updates for free all the time, but the Mazda dealer charges $60? Well, they also charge $60 for the cabin air filter too (which was also offered as mine is "dirty").

I thanked the service writer for the information and passed on the radio update. I'll wait until we get new(er) phones. I passed on the filter too. It was bad enough the service ran $300+ and adding another $120 to it didn't seem fair to me; especially for the cabin air filter installation (which works out to about $700/hr for the sub-5 minute job)

Microsoft supplies us with updates for free all the time, but the Mazda dealer charges $60? Well, they also charge $60 for the cabin air filter too (which was also offered as mine is "dirty").

I thanked the service writer for the information and passed on the radio update. I'll wait until we get new(er) phones. I passed on the filter too. It was bad enough the service ran $300+ and adding another $120 to it didn't seem fair to me; especially for the cabin air filter installation (which works out to about $700/hr for the sub-5 minute job)

Mazda provides the updates free too. It's the dealer that's charging you to apply the update... just like if you went to Best Buy to get a new OS/update put on your home PC.

But as you can tell from this thread, it's easy enough for you to do your own update for free.

Mazda provides the updates free too. It's the dealer that's charging you to apply the update... just like if you went to Best Buy to get a new OS/update put on your home PC.

But as you can tell from this thread, it's easy enough for you to do your own update for free.

I guess it was the tech's time/labor, they were charging for. In any case, things are working so I'm not going to mess with it until absolutely necessary.

Just updated my '19 GT. All went fine. Took about 45 minutes; 30 minutes of that was the firmware updating while I tapped the brakes every 10 minutes (just to be sure.)
Watched YouTube while I waited. Yes, I turned off my Bluetooth prior.

I'm hoping this fixes my issue with Spotify (via Android Auto) stopping whenever I get a phone call. In the past, I've had to dis-connect/re-connect the cable. My issue could also be my old Pixel XL.

Thank you, all.

In the instructions PDF it mentioned the requirement to install new USB Data Cable Set and AUX Module in order for AA/CarPlay to work after updating firmware. I have a 2020 CX-5 that came with AA/CarPlay. If I update to newest firmware will I lose functionality or do I already have these parts as AA/CarPlay came installed by default on my vehicle?

In the instructions PDF it mentioned the requirement to install new USB Data Cable Set and AUX Module in order for AA/CarPlay to work after updating firmware. I have a 2020 CX-5 that came with AA/CarPlay. If I update to newest firmware will I lose functionality or do I already have these parts as AA/CarPlay came installed by default on my vehicle?

You've already got the required parts installed

70.00.367A was released last week for North America. There is no changelog for it at this time.

Last edited:
With pleasure.
If it wasn't for this forum, I would still be using an outdated version on my 2020 CX-5.

Hopefully they improved boot-up and Android Auto.

Time to spend 40+ minutes updating the firmware...:cautious:

Latest posts

Back