Up is down. Down is up.

chuyler1

goes to eleven
:
2013 CX-9
So Mazda displays your radio station presets as a vertical list in the 2013 CX-9 (and likely the 2014+ and CX-5 too).

While listening to station 2, press the down arrow on your steering wheel while watching the screen. Your eye will expect station 3 to be highlighted since it is lower on the list than station 2. That's how it would work if the buttons were right next to the screen. However the opposite occurs. I get why Mazda did it. If you were going through track numbers on a CD and all you saw was the number on the screen, pressing up would make sense. However every time I want to hit this button to say jump a few presets while watching the screen I always go the wrong way because they are listed on the screen in a manner that would convey the opposite. It hurts my brain to think of it in reverse.

I'm curious, can we swap the wires somewhere to reverse the buttons or is it a digital bus?

This is one item on my growing list of pet peeves with this vehicle. Overall, I truly do love the CX-9, but there are quite a few things that annoy the heck out of me.

Back