Under Garnish Kit

:
2019 CX-5 Sig
Anyone know where I can find the OEM under garnish kit? I know they don't offer it from the dealer in the U.S.

rear under garnishKB7W-V3-300GEN2
front under garnishKB7W-V3-290GEN2

Ebay is gonna be a source.. but the price is a bit spendy.

Have you actually asked your local dealer to source the part for you? If a local dealer won't order them for you.. maybe a Canadian dealer might be able to assist. https://mazdashop.ca/

also an idea freight forwarders.

really want the OEM ones? maybe look into the aftermarket as well

rear under garnishKB7W-V3-300GEN2
front under garnishKB7W-V3-290GEN2

Have you actually asked your local dealer to source the part for you? If a local dealer won't order them for you.. maybe a Canadian dealer might be able to assist. https://mazdashop.ca/

What ^ said. I would think as long as you could provide a part number, the dealer parts counter could get the item.

Now, if it isn't in the "system" because it is a non-country/region specific part, then I could see going to other sites. Of course, the dealer is going to be your most expensive option 9.5 times out of 10.

What ^ said. I would think as long as you could provide a part number, the dealer parts counter could get the item.

Now, if it isn't in the "system" because it is a non-country/region specific part, then I could see going to other sites. Of course, the dealer is going to be your most expensive option 9.5 times out of 10.

I've spoken to the dealer and after some searching, we found the part numbers but we weren't able to find the sideskirts anywhere in the USA

I've spoken to the dealer and after some searching, we found the part numbers but we weren't able to find the sideskirts anywhere in the USA

What started out as garnish is now sideskirts.. perhaps you have part numbers handy for the sideskirts?

Why do so many SUVs have that color at the bottom? That sorta metallic gray painted plastic. It screams cheap to me, but apparently that's what people want.

Why do so many SUVs have that color at the bottom? That sorta metallic gray painted plastic. It screams cheap to me, but apparently that's what people want.
Same around the wheel well outlines. I guess it dresses up the edge of the plastic lining inside the wheel wells. At least that plastic protects the inside of the wells from rocks, salt, dirt, etc.

My brother had a '67 Camaro. I recall washing it one day and poking my fingers through the rusted out rear quarter panel. It was only 5 or 6 years old at the time. I had a '76 Grand Prix...same problem.

Maybe all this plastic helps prevent those things. But it does look cheap. I wonder if anyone has ever tried to remove it and gone au naturel.

Honestly, I just want a low key kit. Something sporty but not fast and the furious sporty.

Yeah that looks like them!

Side Under SkirtsQKF1-51-R10GEN2

Those are from the Japanese market - so yeah gonna need to import them.

Another source

also as experience has taught us about the rear head rests you can source Japanese parts here (if you know the part number):

https://www.parts-sale.jp/ <-- plenty of good feedback from forum members using this as a source

Knowledge Sharing document has been updated to reflect the findings.

Side Under SkirtsQKF1-51-R10GEN2

Those are from the Japanese market - so yeah gonna need to import them.

Another source

also as experience has taught us about the rear head rests you can source Japanese parts here (if you know the part number):

https://www.parts-sale.jp/ <-- plenty of good feedback from forum members using this as a source

Knowledge Sharing document has been updated to reflect the findings.

Thank you very much for all the info! Time to do some shopping!

Same around the wheel well outlines. I guess it dresses up the edge of the plastic lining inside the wheel wells. At least that plastic protects the inside of the wells from rocks, salt, dirt, etc.

My brother had a '67 Camaro. I recall washing it one day and poking my fingers through the rusted out rear quarter panel. It was only 5 or 6 years old at the time. I had a '76 Grand Prix...same problem.

Maybe all this plastic helps prevent those things. But it does look cheap. I wonder if anyone has ever tried to remove it and gone au naturel.
I don't mind plastic where its better to have tough, light material instead of heavy, ductile material like cladding around wheels. What I object to is painted plastic to look kinda like metal, but still obviously plastic. And for some reason SUVs seem to have that colored patch under the rear bumper. I'm not sure why and it looks incongruous to me, but must not to other people.

Back