Unbelievable dealer emblem

bmninada

Contributor
:
2016 CX-5 AWD GT+iActive Soul Red
Okay, I tried hair dryer up to short of blow torch and then flossing wire technique and finally my wife suggested to do the opposite - cold also!! The darn emblem doesn't come off.... finally got hold of the dealer who said they use SUPER GLUE, INDUSTRIAL STRENGTH!! WT(bloody) @#@$@#%D. Is this nowadays normal?? Goo gone and few others: tried too.

I don't obviously want paint damage, so have to be extra, extra careful.

You should of told them before hand not to put any of their advertising on your new vehicle. I'd take it back to them and tell them to remove it.

You should of told them before hand not to put any of their advertising on your new vehicle. I'd take it back to them and tell them to remove it.

+1, I have always made the dealers remove their crap before signing the papers.

Super glue wtf? That's going to be tricky. Try Krud cutter (safe for the cars paint), but acetone based stuff like the "oops!" in the tin can will leave a streak in the clear coat..

i have actually told the dealer to take it out, whatever way possible or change the car and give me a new one! It's not a lease so I have no obligations.

My wife did it. Used a air duster cleaner, upside down (she says she googled it). After 10 min, the thing got very cold and she chiseled it out. No paint damage.

Chiseled the car paint? And no damage? WOW...

When working "the deal" in buying a new car, I grab random number out of thin air (such as $100), and ask them if they want to send me that amount each month or if they'd prefer to just deduct a lump sum 60 months worth from the cost of the car. I explain that it's my charge to them for the mobile advertising.. for EACH piece of advertising they leave on the car at delivery.

It's funny how they manage to perfectly remove all their emblems/badges, and not even put on a dealership tag frame. :)

LOL .. I really loved the random number quote. I am also truly surprised, absolutely no paint damage. My wife is very, very good in embroidery, painting, etc., etc. so I guess that paid for itself. Told me it took her 30 min. doing it slowly..... I really want to post a picture, but it's right now too dark.
This might help - the emblem (Dealers) is as thick as the SkyActiv emblem on top....

Taking high strength fishing line and use it like dental floss to cut through the double sided tape.

Chiseled the car paint? And no damage? WOW...

When working "the deal" in buying a new car, I grab random number out of thin air (such as $100), and ask them if they want to send me that amount each month or if they'd prefer to just deduct a lump sum 60 months worth from the cost of the car. I explain that it's my charge to them for the mobile advertising.. for EACH piece of advertising they leave on the car at delivery.

It's funny how they manage to perfectly remove all their emblems/badges, and not even put on a dealership tag frame. :)

Damn. I wish i saw this before buying. Not that our dealership has ugly/large signage, but...it would be nice to be cleaner.

Guess I'm lucky my dealer only did the license plate frame thing. Two screws and its gone

It's an absolute condition for me - for any car no dealer emblems; the license plate frame is fine (and gets removed within 2 days).

Guess I'm lucky my dealer only did the license plate frame thing. Two screws and its gone
My dealer too, thank goodness! And it's a decent stainless frame as well, not a cheap plastic one. It will do until I can figure out what I want to replace it with.

Latest posts

Back