Tweeters on a 19' CX5 Sport?

Just bought a CX5 Sport not long ago and realized my car only has 4 speakers (no tweeters). Sound is crap. I feel it's missing the highs. Since my a-pillar doesn't have tweeters, how do I go about adding one on each side? Do I need some custom moulding done? Sorry I'm know nothing about these things.

How about these?

Celestion AN2775 2-3/4" Full-Range Compact Array Driver

I bought some standard 3.5 car speakers at Autozone but not the best fit.

One of the reviews for the Celestion speakers mentions CX 5 so they might fit.

The magnets on some 3.5 speakers are a tight fit in the left side dash opening.

@CX5Rookie

If your vehicle does NOT currently have A pillar tweeters, this is not going to be a one size fits all solution.

Considerations

* what exactly are you trying to accomplish ; you want 'brighter' vocals? you want the sound stage higher up? you don't know what you want but you know you don't like what you have now.
* audio sound is HIGHLY subjective; sure there are brands and models that historically perform well, but we are not you and we don't have your music tastes.

starting points:
* define a budget; what is the max you want to spend on this project
* are you DIY or pay someone (add 30% to your budget for shop rates)
** often it is less labor cost by the shop to do more at once (since they already have stuff apart)
* as others have suggested maybe replacing what is already installed (speakers) might help the sound / audio (3.5" in a low profile design perhaps)
* if the speaker replacement doesn't do the job; then what? add more power (give the speakers more to work with; lower stock power can only do so much to bring a speaker to life
* now you are amplifying; how much ?
*** yes you could now add a tweeter (surface mounted) easily (or get a replacement a pillar cover or fiberglass a speaker pod)

this post might be some helpful reading:

car audio is a slippery slope .. plan your journey carefully.

Just bought a CX5 Sport not long ago and realized my car only has 4 speakers (no tweeters). Sound is crap. I feel it's missing the highs. Since my a-pillar doesn't have tweeters, how do I go about adding one on each side? Do I need some custom moulding done? Sorry I'm know nothing about these things.
If you only want to add the missing A-pillar 25 mm (1") tweeters in your gen-2 2019 CX-5 Sport for a little better high notes, the size is very critical there for proper installation, although the wiring is there. You can get OEM 1” twitters used in Touring which should fit perfectly.

The best way for better sound on gen-2 CX-5 Sport is to get 2 pairs of easy-to-get 6½ coaxial speakers to replace door speakers. You do need to modify the factory door speaker adapter frame to fit as the factory dual-cone paper door speakers are a bit smaller than 6½”. And they’re riveted on so you almost have to destroy the speaker and adapter frame anyway.

Speaker size in CX-5 2017?

Hi All:

I'm curious, I myself have a 2018 Mazda CX5 GX Trim (GX in Canada, Sport in USA), so I also have the 4 door speaker setup. No factory holes in the front A-Pillars for tweeters. I don't really want to cut holes in my door panels to install aftermarket tweeters; be it flush, surface or swivel mount... I figure if Mazda puts tweeters in the A Pillars by default, theres porbably a good enough reason for it.

My question; the factory amp for my cx5 is located byhind the glovebox, I looked it up, but I cannot find an answer: does anyone know if the factory amp has the tweeter conncetions available to use, even if they're not in use for lower trims, ready for me to put some tweeters in myself. And if it does, I am wondering if anyone knows the route the factory tweeter wires in A Pillars are routed, to the amp (assuming they are run to the amp directly); through the A Pillars, under the dash all the way to the amp, or somewhere else?

I had an older civic years ago, and added tweeters (scrap yard EX civic tweeters, built in crossovers) by soldering them into existing door speakers/subs, so I know who to do it.

But again, I'm wondering if someone knows how factroy cx5 front A pillar tweeter wires are routed and where they end up.

I'd really appriciate any assistance, thanks.

Back