Turn Signals on 2017

Putting a big enough hole in the body to access it with your hand weakens it so not doing allows a stiffer body. Also, completely sealing the trunk liner keeps noise down. In any case, I’ve changed bulbs through an access hole on some cars where you have to be a contortionist. Two screws to completely detach the light is a delight. You can take the whole thing to the bench. I much prefer it.
Not a big enough hole, just enough. You can also line it with noise protection material. Others have done so. Doing it this way prevents the seal becoming warped and thereby allowing water or condensation to enter the tail lamp assembly.

It's not hard to pull of the rear lights. I replaced my rears with LED's and they are fantastic (and WAY brighter). Yes you need resistors. I used thermal paste to paste the resistors to the body behind the light.

I upgraded my fronts and rears to a set from iJDMtoy. They have built-in resistors, so no need to buy separate resistors and having to mess around mounting them. They fit perfectly too!
I searched around for the right size since length and the bulb diameter matters. Here's the link to my post. #868

https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/sho...hting-Thread&p=6539806&viewfull=1#post6539806

Checked out your post ... and they look good.
Do you have a link so that I can order the same?

Im late to the party. Are these plug and play?

They are plug and play in the 2013-2015. Don't know about the 2016/2016.5. On the 2017 GT with the LED taillights, there is not enough room between the body panel and the taillight housing to accommodate the finned heat sink. They fit fine in the front turn signals.

Back