Turbo leaking

:
2003.5 Titanium Gray MSP
A while back, I paid a guy to rebuild my engine due to massively burning oil. Long, expensive, shoddy work story short, my turbo is now also leaking oil. Im not sure whether its better to get it rebuilt or just replace it, but does anyone know what I would need to do either? The turbo is a Garret T25, right?
The only thing I've done to it is install a turbohoses SMIC, and a cold air intake. Engine internals are stock, as far as I know. I'm just looking to get it to stop leaking/burning...

Where is it leaking? Externally or into charge pipes? Does the exhaust smoke under hard throttle? Oil in the charge pipes?

Callaway sells used turbos, or you can find them elsewhere online. You can also get the center cartridge (CHRA) and swap the housings to have essentially a brand new turbo.

http://turbokits.com/Turbo_Chargers...t_GT2554R_(aka_GT25R)_Ball_Bearing_CHRA/2664/

The stock turbo is a Garrett ball bearing GT2554R.

I would check the hot pipe for oil. If it is leaking externally it could be the oil feed line, the water lines or the oil drain. If there is oil in the hot pipe the turbo is bad.

Back