Turbo Choices?? MSP

robziggs23

:
Mazdaspeed Protege
hey everyone, I was just wondering if there were any other good turbo options out there for my msp besides the stock T25r. My msp has currently does not have forged internals so im not looking to go bigger just seeing if there was anything similar or the same size as the stock turbo that would not make my msp go boom. Anybody know of any safe options?

That is a loaded question...

Why do you want to go with a different turbo?

I love my potato launcher 28rs on 9 psi. spools slower the the 25 but worth it.

I think when i looked at the .86 on garrett it was out the efficiency range for me. I THINK

A bigger turbo that won't cause your stock internals to go boom? No such luck.. a GT28RS at like 4-5 psi might be safe but at those boost levels what's the point?? The stock turbo can easily explode an unbuilt engine so anything bigger certainly can and will too.

my turbo seal is blown and i wanted to know if there was anything similar size that i could buy seeing as a brand new t25 is 1200 i didnt want to spend that much

it is a msp.... i have all those mods already...why would i rebuy them thats pointless i have good mods i just need a turbo...thats it not a whole kit lmao

it is a msp.... i have all those mods already...why would i rebuy them thats pointless i have good mods i just need a turbo...thats it not a whole kit lmao

Because the stock MSP turbo setup is awful.

The manifolds crack.
The plastic intercooler piping is junk.
The SMIC is junk
The routing of the intercooler piping is ridiculous
The downpipe sucks
the BPV is junk
The turbo is fine, until it stops working

At the end of the day, there's nothing worth saving in that turbo setup.

If you want to be cheap get an eBay t25. If you send it off to be rebalanced as soon as you get it they tend to last 5-30k miles and rebuild kits are $100. Rebuild for your turbo is 600-800 iirc and you still have to pay $50 to have it rebalanced

Also a slightly better option is the t2560 rs. It's a little better than the stock t2554rs.

You have an msp if that price bothers you go ahead and sell it to someone that will care for it. I'm sure your diff is next in line anyway. He'll name a price and ill try to talk my fiance into buying it

Back