2017~2024 Tune for CX-5?

I was just think about this and found a chip for our cars that claims a 30hp gain for the NA engine.

The chip costs. $80 bucks. Since my car will be off warranty I am thinking about getting one.

IMO this Tunesport Performance Module seems to be some add-on module which is not actually modifying the ECU map or adding enhancement directly to the ECU programming. I have doubt how effective it’d be, and hopefully it won’t hurt any other factory components.
7BB3D6BD-4F2E-40A2-85F5-26DF5B8F376B.png

The Tunesport Performance Module is the answer to increasing your Mazda's performance and getting the most fuel economy out of your engine. The Tunesport Module calculates the correct combinations of air, fuel and spark to produce more power, unlocking up to 30 Horsepower and up to 8 MPG in your Mazda*! The Tunesport Performance module is designed to work with both stock and modified Mazda engines, manual and automatic transmissions, turbochargers, superchargers, gas, diesel and turbo diesel engines.

Our technical support and customer service is unrivaled and will be here for you every step of the way! We offer free support and can provide Mazda model specific information to aid in installation, unlike our competitors. Your order will include everything you need to install your Tunesport module on your Mazda. Installation is very simple and anyone can easily install our module within 5-10 minutes!

Our Tunesport module will alter your air/fuel ratio without leaving any footprints/traces behind in the memory. Many dealerships check for these footprints during normal servicing and could VOID your factory warranty. Our Tunesport Performance Modules carry absolutely NONE of those risks because our product does not reprogram your ECU and does not make changes that you do not want or understand. Our modules operate safely and efficiently, never pushing your engine past factory safety limits which could damage your engine/transmission. If you ever wish to go back to your factory settings, simply uninstall the Tunesport Performance Module and your vehicle will instantly revert back to original factory specifications without any trace.[/QUITE]

I was just think about this and found a chip for our cars that claims a 30hp gain for the NA engine.
The chip costs. $80 bucks. Since my car will be off warranty I am thinking about getting one.

Save your money. This will do nothing for you.

" Our Tunesport module will alter your air/fuel ratio without leaving any footprints/traces behind in the memory. "

basically this chip will attempt to modify the MAF temperature reading to "trick" the computer thinking it is getting cooler air. In modern cars (2000 year and above) this will work for about ~1 drive, then the computer will figure out it is being lied to and either throw a code or simply ignore the sensor input.

The link points to an empty shopping cart, just a heads up.

Look at the wording ... "UP TO" 30 hp and 8 mpg improvement. Yeah. If it only gets .001 hp improvement their statement is still true :rolleyes:.

Another thing to think about is these automobile companies spend literally millions of dollars trying to eek out even the slightest power and efficiency gains. Do you suppose "superfloracetechtunerboi" unicorn tuner box company has found something the auto makers don't care about? Not likely.

Also remember that there is always a give and take with things. Simply adding more fuel or boost or whatever effects other components as well. Component life. Reliability. Functionality . It's all a balance.

The good news is it's fun to experiment with stuff :)

Save your money. This will do nothing for you.

" Our Tunesport module will alter your air/fuel ratio without leaving any footprints/traces behind in the memory. "

basically this chip will attempt to modify the MAF temperature reading to "trick" the computer thinking it is getting cooler air. In modern cars (2000 year and above) this will work for about ~1 drive, then the computer will figure out it is being lied to and either throw a code or simply ignore the sensor input.

Yes, this is a 50 cent resistor that tricks the ECU into thinking it is colder outside, so it injects more fuel. However, the O2 sensor in the exhaust will then start seeing the unburned fuel in the exhaust, and tweak the fuel injection trim to compensate. The net result is zero horsepower.

Only way to really gain any power on that engine is change/mod exhaust, change cams and somebody to do proper tune up the Ecu for your changes and your car ..not some generic ecu flash.... but the total cost would make it better to actually buy the turbo cx5 :)

Back