TSB SSPA4 - Modified Steering Wheel Cover

:
2013 Mazda CX-5 GT
Does anyone have any further information on this recall? I went in this morning for the rear hatch damper recall and dealership mentioned this one needed to be done as well. This is all I can find:

https://www.truedelta.com/Mazda-CX-5-tsbs-1093,2013

NHTSA ID: 10117765
TSB ID: SSPA4

Mazda motor corporation has decided to conduct a special service program (ssp) on certain 2013 cx-5 vehicles equipped with leather-wrapped steering wheel and produced from december 15, 2011 through december 12, 2012. on certain cx-5 vehicle

EDIT: This TSB is listed as a RECALL by my dealership.

Last edited:
All this is is a possible sharp edge on the backside bottom(I believe it's the bottom) of the steering wheel that might cause a "paper cut" on your finger. They checked mine when they did the rear hatch dampers and didn't make any repairs. It's not a big deal and not a recall.

All this is is a possible sharp edge on the backside bottom(I believe it's the bottom) of the steering wheel that might cause a "paper cut" on your finger. They checked mine when they did the rear hatch dampers and didn't make any repairs. It's not a big deal and not a recall.

I understand it's listed as a TSB. My dealership put it as a RECALL on my paperwork before I even handed them the keys. Chain of events: Dealership called me last week to schedule the recall for the rear hatch gas struts. I arrive this morning and the counter person went over the paperwork as I was checking in, "Oh, your car also has a recall for the steering wheel cover.".

This is really strange. Recalls are free to the consumer for the life of the vehicle, while TSB are free to consumer during the warranty period. Right? If so, this dealership put down a TSB as a RECALL and provided it free of charge on my 2013 CX-5 (I'm about 2+ years outside of warranty).

Last edited:
Back