• Welcome to Mazdas247. Membership is free and offers many benefits, please Click Here to learn more, thanks!
  • Mazdas247 is an Amazon Associate and earns from qualifying purchases.

Trim recommendation and after market surround view

Hi,
I am in the market for buying a new car and looking into CX5 as a potential option. Some of the key feature I am looking for are

1. Memory seats
2. Heated seats/Steering Wheel
3. Blind Spot Monitor
4. AWD
5. Rear Camera with Surround View
mobdro lucky patcher kodi
I don't think CX5 offers surround view. In this case, are there any reliable after market options?
Also, given these are the essential features. what trim option should I go for

Thanks,
Riopolic

Last edited:
:
2019 Mazda CX-5 GT Reserve
Hi,
I am in the market for buying a new car and looking into CX5 as a potential option. Some of the key feature I am looking for are

1. Memory seats
3. Blind Spot Monitor
4. AWD

I don't think CX5 offers surround view. In this case, are there any reliable after market options?

Thanks,
Riopolic
I based my selection of the Grand Touring Reserve primarily because I wanted the turbo engine. It has the items you mention other than the surround view. You need to step up to Signature to get that.

Two things that I initially thought were stupid were the ventilated seats & the heated steering wheel, until I used them. Now they're among my favorite features.

Hi,

1. Memory seats
3. Blind Spot Monitor
4. AWD

Thanks,
Riopolic
You can compare specs of different trims on the mazda site, For 2020 (not sure about prior years), Safety features like Advanced Blind Spot Monitor are standard on all trims. Heated seats standard. Heated steering wheel for GS and up. AWD is optional in lower trims and standard in GT and up. All trims have rear camera, but only the Signature has the 360 surround view plus front and rear parking sensors.

I value the surround view which made picking Signature over GT easy for me, but many people will say the Rear Camera is sufficient. There are some good after-market 360 degree systems, but I personally would not do it. You need to install more cameras to get surround view, and integrate with the infotainment system. I'm sure it affects warranty coverage if something goes wrong.

Check my response in this thread with links to videos on installing 360 degree view cameras:

Last edited:
:
2020 CX-5 GTR
Id definitely recommend either the GT with the preferred package or the GTR. I got the GTR for the bigger engine but the winter features are a BIG plus for me. The surround cameras honestly are pretty low res and reviews said they weren't that useful so I didn't feel the need to go up to the signature. You're paying thousands more for 3 cameras and nappa leather.

:
2019 CX-5 Signature
Id definitely recommend either the GT with the preferred package or the GTR. I got the GTR for the bigger engine but the winter features are a BIG plus for me. The surround cameras honestly are pretty low res and reviews said they weren't that useful so I didn't feel the need to go up to the signature. You're paying thousands more for 3 cameras and nappa leather.
+ Parking sensors, LED interior lights, real wood trim, nav (2020) plus a few other small changes.

:
2019 cx-5 signature. 2019 cx-3 awd touring
go with signature,
it has the 360 surround view,
wouldn't really recommend installing aftermarket 360 camera, potentially not compatible with mazda infotainment system, although a good installer may be able to bypass and force the video on the screen.... go with signature you won't be disappointed.

:
2019 CX5 Reserve AWD
Hi,

1. Memory seats
3. Blind Spot Monitor
4. AWD

Thanks,
Riopolic
Signature has everything you're looking for and more. Plus it's a turbo.

Apollothedog

2019 CX-5 GTR
All the items you listed were also on my list, but I did want the more powerful engine so went with the GTR. IMHO, the really significant upgrade between the GTR and the Signature is the camera. The other items will not increase safety or performance, though they are nice to haves.

:
2019 cx-5 signature. 2019 cx-3 awd touring
All the items you listed were also on my list, but I did want the more powerful engine so went with the GTR. IMHO, the really significant upgrade between the GTR and the Signature is the camera. The other items will not increase safety or performance, though they are nice to haves.
agreed, GT-R has basically everything..but if you want the "extra" luxury, signature is the way to go with the nappa leather, black headliner, 360 camera, frameless rear view mirror and LED everything lights, including footwell ambient lights.

Latest posts

Weekly Poll: Interested in the new Mazda3?

• Yes

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • No

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • I’d prefer a CX-30

Votes: 3 21.4%