Transmission fluid change without filter replacement

yrwei52

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech Pkg
Contributor
:
Plano, Texas, USA
Interesting. I wonder who makes Mazda's fluid. Next time I get near a dealer, I'll pick up a case.
It’s been mentioned earlier, Mazda genuine ATF FZ 0000-FZ-113E-01 is made by Idemitsu. You can do online order over $100 with free shipping for better price on OEM ATF FZ.

:
2014 mazda cx-5 touring FWD
Interesting. I wonder who makes Mazda's fluid. Next time I get near a dealer, I'll pick up a case.
He said they do not have an Idemitsu BRAND fluid .I take that to mean they don't offer one with their label on it. They still could make it for Mazda under the Mazda label. Maybe there is some non-compete arrangement.

:
2018 CX-5 Sport
How do you get the rubber insulators over the posts to remove the lower portion of the airbox? (see pic) You just muscle them over the posts? The top of the posts have a large retainer, that is why I figured I would ask before trying to force the rubber insulators over them. This is the gen2 CX-5.

Airbox.JPG

yrwei52

Contributor
:
Plano, Texas, USA
How do you get the rubber insulators over the posts to remove the lower portion of the airbox? (see pic) You just muscle them over the posts? The top of the posts have a large retainer, that is why I figured I would ask before trying to force the rubber insulators over them. This is the gen2 CX-5.

View attachment 297855
If I were you I’d post or PM this question to @Digbicks1234:

2016.5 CX-5 Transmission fluid change questions

DABA3B5A-1630-43D8-9C12-50B9CD2E2B98.png

But my guess is you just muscle them over.

:
2018 CX-5 Sport
I did what Digbicks1234 did, for the most part it is intuitive. The top comes off easy, leave the sensor connected and put it out of the way. Take out the filter. Undo the two 10mm screws holding the scoop to take it and the bottom part of the airbox out together. The rubber grommets are captured really well though on those plastic posts.

yrwei52

Contributor
:
Plano, Texas, USA
I will try and pop them up tomorrow. I put it back together and mowed the lawn :-/ I just want to reach the stupid dip stick to check my transmission fluid level.
At least it’s feasible to check the ATF level on your 2.5L!

It’s going to be almost impossible to check the ATF level with a 2.5T ⋯ 🤬