Tranny died on me during uphill.

Exspeedaway

:
Mazda CX5 dark grey
Yesterday coming back from work at 2:00am, i was going on a off-ramp going slightly uphill the transmission just died.
No more power at all couldnt accelerate wahtsoever. TPMS light and TCS light came on, pulled over on the side put the tranny back in PARK then back to DRIVE start going again for about 1 miles then again same thing.
Pull over a second time shut the truck completely for a minute and then start it again and everything went ok after that.
It was really dangerous, luckily at 2am i was alone on the off ramp but in normal driving hour this could be a real hazard.
I know i've read about that in another thread, if someone could chip in, i will also try to see my dealer about that today or monday if possible.
I am getting really nervous about that since i do about 120miles back and forth to go to work.

P.S.: sorry about grammar and spelling im french canadian so i do my best here.(shady)

Ok just out of the dealer, they erase all the faulty code and re-programmed the CPU.
They never heard of this before and said it should be fine now.

Check out the following forum titles, amongst others: 1) "For those having transmission problems with their CX 5", 2) "ALERT: Transmission malfunction", and 3) "Warning lights flashing - engine revving"

Somewhat of a common thread seems to be replacement of the transmission valve body (after the dealer's attempt to clear the codes via an ECU reflash).

Check out the following forum titles, amongst others: 1) "For those having transmission problems with their CX 5", 2) "ALERT: Transmission malfunction", and 3) "Warning lights flashing - engine revving"

Somewhat of a common thread seems to be replacement of the transmission valve body (after the dealer's attempt to clear the codes via an ECU reflash).

Thx i will check that out.

Back