TPMS light On when remotely started

:
Canada
:
2020 CX-5 GT
Hi,

CX-5 is my first car and I am happy with it. Found this forum and making my first post.

I had Compustar remote start with fob installed.
When the car is remotely started, I see the TPMS light on, then turns it off after the pressing the brake takeover.
I used the search function and read some thread that it was mentioned, but no one actually confirmed if it's normal or not.
I hope someone with Compustar remote starter can confirm.

Cheers!

This is expected behavior. My Compustar remote start does the same thing. The explanation I got was the remote start modules starts the engine, but the vehicle is not ready for movement (key fob security + safety checks) until the brake pedal is pressed. When the brake pedal is pressed the vehicle does the final checks and all the warning lights go away under normal operation. If you have a warning light AFTER remote start + brake pedal push you need to further diagnose the issue with the vehicle.

Not to derail your thread but may I ask what kit you have and how you like it? My GF got me the CS4905S-KIT from Best Buy for my birthday and I get it installed in a couple weeks.

@CX5_Driver Thank you for confirming. TPMS light goes Off after brake pedal push so I am good.

@Mattykoda I have PRO R3 with Drone. I like the range of the fob. Drone is just a nice to have thing for my wife's apple watch. I am totally ok with the R3 alone.

@Antoine Thanks for the welcome! I learn every day reading posts.

Latest posts

Back