Tow hooks on p5

whatusername

:
02 protege5
Has anybody ever installed tow hooks on there P 5? I pretty much have my mind made up that I want to install a set cuz our cars are old and hav broken down a few times before so i want them but I do not kno where to install them . I don't want to cut my bumper so has so has anybody installed them? And since my car is silver and black what color should I get? They come Silva anodize red black

Last edited:
I have a datum1 rear tow hook and it mounts underneath the car on the opposite side of the exhaust, it fits nicely and i even had it on my msp with the rear bumper lip and still fit. I just don't have one on my p5 because I think it looks bad, plus i don't plan on get stuck :p

I totally forgot about the front, I'm actually not sure where it would mount but I'm sure you could look underneath and find a spot.
As for colors, I'm only familiar with datum1, I just checked their website and they have green,blue,orange,chrome,gray, and black listed. I think they have purple too but who knows. Mine was chrome and help up nice, no rust or chips or easily visible wear.

Last edited:
Theres a factory hook on the underside near the driver's headlight. Looks like it bolts in, so if you were ambitious you could find a longer one to replace it or possibly make your own.

All cars have factory tow hooks hidden in the body but easily accessible unless some idiot has removed them. I'm assuming you want the big ricey ones that stick out and serve no real purpose

All cars have factory tow hooks hidden in the body but easily accessible unless some idiot has removed them. I'm assuming you want the big ricey ones that stick out and serve no real purpose

but its so JDM and like a race car, aren't those the big fads right now?

but its so JDM and like a race car, aren't those the big fads right now?

I'm trying to figure out what to hit you with that is reachable since I'm too lazy to get off the couch. And I'm in a good mood so ill let you pick

I've got- turbo, bigger turbo, down pipe, bov, 8" sub, msp spoiler, or an Ecu. Or if I get up I can hit you with vtak

I'm trying to figure out what to hit you with that is reachable since I'm too lazy to get off the couch. And I'm in a good mood so ill let you pick

I've got- turbo, bigger turbo, down pipe, bov, 8" sub, msp spoiler, or an Ecu. Or if I get up I can hit you with vtak

how about i just toss over a beer and it will help you get the rice car hooks out of your mind.

LMAO i knew i was gonna get flamed for this but i had to ask... Its not about being a ricer my car is not rice at all but it does seem like a viable option due to the fact my car is lowered and i went thru alot of break downs when i bought this car in Feb. the problem with the factory tow hook is it leaves the tow strap the chance to damage the front bumper when being pulled by a vehicle higher than my p5 and i dont want/need anymore damage. i thought about black ones since my car is black down low and it wouldnt stand out like say a siver civic with the gold hook would lol

well not sure how you will make it not stand out, there are all kinds of pics around and you'll notice only one is functional and its welded to the car bumper frame that was made.

CIMG1748.jpg

CIMG0546a.jpg

vpu4qx.jpg

DSC01259.jpg

L8R1.jpg

oh damn im not making a new bumper frame for a hook.... i seen the yellow msp pic and thats what gave me the idea and the red msp looks nice even with the hook.. so i guess there is no way for the front hook unless u weld it in damn

You know what happens to most of these cheap tow hooks when you pull on them? They break they're not made to actually be used. Somewhere on the interwebs a while back I was reading where a tow truck was trying to pull a car out of a ditch when the jdm as **** tow hook broke it sent the cable flying and broke dudes leg

Not saying it will happen just that it can.

The car has the flat bed tow hooks already in the front and rear. Nothing else is required.

The car has the flat bed tow hooks already in the front and rear. Nothing else is required.
my car is lowered and i went thru alot of break downs when i bought this car in Feb. the problem with the factory tow hook is it leaves the tow strap the chance to damage the front bumper when being pulled by a vehicle higher than my p5 and i dont want/need anymore damage

Back