too many of them

In the past month or so, I've seen less 10 around these parts.

Honda CRV's on the other hand... I see about 10 every time I'm out and about.

Yes I agree.

I bought my cx-5 last summer, hardly ever saw another one in my town.
Now I see a cx-5 everywhere I go.
One cx-5 driver waived at me last weekend. I made a disgusted face at them in return.

That is awesome! I would have done the same thing. Seriously I am so irritated by this. I am freaking 33 with 2 kids and a real job and I just plasti dipped my emblems becuase I feel the need to do something to make it different. Part of the appeal to me was that no one had them, at this rate it is like having a Honda civic in 2002......

Lots around the GTA, my local dealer seems to have plenty of stock, and mazda is having record sales in Canada on the 3, new 6 and CX-5

I'm in the Los Angeles area I don't notice very many, maybe a less than a handful. Mostly females drivers and yet to see any male drivers driving the CX5 lol. I cant wait to purchase my CX5 soon. Too many RAV4s and CRVs around... (gah)

I'm in the Los Angeles area I don't notice very many, maybe a less than a handful. Mostly females drivers and yet to see any male drivers driving the CX5 lol. I cant wait to purchase my CX5 soon. Too many RAV4s and CRVs around... (gah)

I'm also in the LA area. (Ventura county) I usually see 1 or 2 per day on my 12 mile commute.

I also notice mostly female drivers, but I have seen a few males.
Check out my thread about "is the CX-5 a feminine car?"
Not that I care..
I love my CX-5 and all things (price, handling, looks, fuel economy, ground clearance, comfort, roominess) considered I'm confident that I could not have chosen a better car.

I am seeing tons. I am seeing as many CX-5s now as I am new gen 2 Ford Escapes. That equates to at least a couple per day. There appears to be quite a few others around my area, and at least one in my neighborhood.

I should have bought one of the short and fat 138 hp Buick Encores. I haven't seen one on those on the street yet. Last one I saw was at car show in January and they have been on market for several months. Truly rare and not desirable.

I should have bought one of the short and fat 138 hp Buick Encores. I haven't seen one on those on the street yet. Last one I saw was at car show in January and they have been on market for several months. Truly rare and not desirable.

Lol I've actually seen more of those than the CX5s!

Since I got my CX-5 I've been looking for them and don't see them frequently at all. I see Foresters the most than Rav4, them CRvs, and then CX-5's.

I just passed one of these on the highway the other day and did a triple-take look at it. I like the looks of it in blue, but it takes a while to get used to the fact that the front and back look shrunken in relation to the normal sized front and rear seating areas. You've gotta hand it to Buick, this is the kind of design that normally comes from Asian or European city markets, not America.

I'm not sure who would buy it. Low horsepower, average class fuel economy, and I would assume low cargo space. So it's a competitor to the Nissan Juke more than SUV-like crossovers.

Thanks for pointing it out by name. I had to go look. Surprised to see they offer a nice blue in a world where grey, black, white and silver are so common.

I also notice mostly female drivers, but I have seen a few males.
Check out my thread about "is the CX-5 a feminine car?"
Not that I care..
I love my CX-5 and all things (price, handling, looks, fuel economy, ground clearance, comfort, roominess) considered I'm confident that I could not have chosen a better car.

Hahaha I made mention of this months ago in the 'Seen' thread.

I just passed one of these on the highway the other day and did a triple-take look at it. I like the looks of it in blue, but it takes a while to get used to the fact that the front and back look shrunken in relation to the normal sized front and rear seating areas. You've gotta hand it to Buick, this is the kind of design that normally comes from Asian or European city markets, not America.

I read it's a hit in China.

So I just arrived home from spending th whole day in Santa Monica, so pretty busy on the freeways.. I'm about 1 mile from my house here in Santa Clarita and I noticed a White CX5 with none of the lights on! (At 9pm) she was going rather fast too. I speed up and was next to her at stop light... I kid you not, yelled at her that she needed to turn her lights on, looked at me in embarrassment and said "idk how to turn them on".... I was like "wtf?!?" She then was able to turned them on and said sorry haha.

Last edited:
seen 2 in Swansea yesterday. Still not common I may normally see 1 a fortnight on average. compared with billions of nissan qashqai's. ford kuga's and vw tiguans are the next most popular after the nissans then kia sportage.
cx-5 still much more exclusive atm.

The Buick Encore is the perfect choice for people who want to pay a premium price for a vehicle built on an econo-box chassis. Seriously, a torsion beam axle and cast iron engine block? That really gives me a serious flashback.

Only seen two others locally in the nine months of ownership; one Crystal White and one Zeal Red - I actually quite like the red and agonised about that when we ordered the Aluminium Silver. My OH has seen a couple of others in Black and Metropolitan Grey at the Supermarket. In my patch you see more Range Rover Evoques and Nissan Quashquais , so fairy happy to remain distinctive in the Mazda. I would wager the New Mercedes GLA will be popular with the Evoque ( Golf Club) crowd once the novelty has worn off.(lol2)

Don't you find the silver is really a grey colour, at least compared to my previous two silver xtrails.

Been away in the York area for a week touring, and not seen any CX-5, just a couple of 6's.

Only seen two others locally in the nine months of ownership; one Crystal White and one Zeal Red - I actually quite like the red and agonised about that when we ordered the Aluminium Silver. My OH has seen a couple of others in Black and Metropolitan Grey at the Supermarket. In my patch you see more Range Rover Evoques and Nissan Quashquais , so fairy happy to remain distinctive in the Mazda. I would wager the New Mercedes GLA will be popular with the Evoque ( Golf Club) crowd once the novelty has worn off.(lol2)

The Buick Encore is the perfect choice for people who want to pay a premium price for a vehicle built on an econo-box chassis. Seriously, a torsion beam axle and cast iron engine block? That really gives me a serious flashback.

LOL, couldn't agree more!!!

More so in Canada where they sell its brother, the chevy Trax!

Don't you find the silver is really a grey colour, at least compared to my previous two silver xtrails.

Been away in the York area for a week touring, and not seen any CX-5, just a couple of 6's.

I agree. Mine is the silver color, but it is really more of a grayish silver.

Back